ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Fate of the arena

So many good things happened and happening but this needs put to rest, buried and saved for social media accounts on EP history (Ahem! No pun intend). What needs to be learned is the mistakes so as to not let down voters in such a spectacular fashion, again.

I personally would take EP any day of the week compared to other American cities of similar population size, even with pro teams and amusement parks, and not just because of the weather (despite this afternoon will be blowing like crazy). Not having a "Cheesecake Factory" is not the be all and end all as so locals claim. :p
My question is what would happen to the 163 Million left if they scrap this. Wouldn't a new vote have to happen to decide where the funds go. I mean at this point it sounds like borderline fraud with the city council. Whomever is managing these funds needs to explain quite a bit including where has the interest been going and used for. This whole thing has been a Cluster F and a glaring display of why the city I love is so behind!

My question is what would happen to the 163 Million left if they scrap this. Wouldn't a new vote have to happen to decide where the funds go. I mean at this point it sounds like borderline fraud with the city council. Whomever is managing these funds needs to explain quite a bit including where has the interest been going and used for. This whole thing has been a Cluster F and a glaring display of why the city I love is so behind!
It shouldn’t be reallocated to any other projects. I think that’s what City Council wanted to do. It should be decided by the voters again.

It shouldn’t be reallocated to any other projects. I think that’s what City Council wanted to do. It should be decided by the voters again.
Agree 100%. Also on a side note the city is desperate for cleaning/ maintenance crews to start up again. The city is turning into a broken dump and 311 is super slow to respond as I'm sure they are overwhelmed. I've gone back and forth with my district rep Art Fierro regarding this issue. He just makes excuses and has done nothing so far..I don't want him deciding on what to do with the money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT