ADVERTISEMENT

OT Favorite and Most Overrated Eateries in El Paso/Las Cruces Area

I've been reading reviews on the Showtyme Grill after Fili went because I want to try it now. The biggest downside is its far and its gonna cost me 15 bucks round trip in gas.

Anyway, summary is that the food is average. The service is great. The place really picks up after 9pm. And finally, they seem to have a pretty tight dress code. Many of the negative reviews were aimed at the dress code.
Where are you reading the reviews? I looked on google and only found 2 that mentioned dress code. 1 being you can’t wear scrubs or sweatpants and 2 no neck tattoos.

I call bullshit on that. Depends on the time of day I would guess. There’s no way one of AJ’s football buddies gets “kicked out” for wearing sweatpants and has a neck tattoo.

Where are you reading the reviews? I looked on google and only found 2 that mentioned dress code. 1 being you can’t wear scrubs or sweatpants and 2 no neck tattoos.

I call bullshit on that. Depends on the time of day I would guess. There’s no way one of AJ’s football buddies gets “kicked out” for wearing sweatpants and has a neck tattoo.

Yeah someone said that at 9pm they made him take off his hat. It probably is a time thing.

Yeah someone said that at 9pm they made him take off his hat. It probably is a time thing.
See, this is a “problem”. They will have to decide what they’re going to be, a bar/grill that caters around sports or a club that serves food. Can’t be both.

See, this is a “problem”. They will have to decide what they’re going to be, a bar/grill that caters around sports or a club that serves food. Can’t be both.
I think after 9pm is the club version. Same thing happens here in Phoenix, there is a dress code after the restaurant part closes.

I think after 9pm is the club version. Same thing happens here in Phoenix, there is a dress code after the restaurant part closes.
IDGAF about what you think happens in Phoenix. At 9pm, many games are still going on. Once you tell Joe Sports Fan to take off his Dodgers cap because it’s 9pm, he won’t be back. Be a club or be a sports bar.

Green Bay will probably bet the bigger and better version of Showtyme Grill. It will be right next to Lameu Field. El Paso was given the smaller version like Dave N Buster's and Cabelas.

IDGAF about what you think happens in Phoenix. At 9pm, many games are still going on. Once you tell Joe Sports Fan to take off his Dodgers cap because it’s 9pm, he won’t be back. Be a club or be a sports bar.
Restaurant closes at 9pm and club part opens after 9pm. This is normal. If you want to dress with flip flops and wear hats then go before 9pm.

If Showtyme was not owned by Aaron Jones, and its just me opening a tribute restaurant to Aaron Jones.

Would it be a success?

I've been reading reviews on the Showtyme Grill after Fili went because I want to try it now. The biggest downside is its far and its gonna cost me 15 bucks round trip in gas.

Anyway, summary is that the food is average. The service is great. The place really picks up after 9pm. And finally, they seem to have a pretty tight dress code. Many of the negative reviews were aimed at the dress code.

What is the dress code?

It is? What other place in El Paso employs this strategy? What national chain does this?
All the clubs/Restaurants in Scottsdale and I think Miami do this. El Jefe does it. Plus its AJs place and if he wants to set the rules it's his choice, if someone doesn't want to follow the dress code they can go somewhere else.

I don't go to places where the guys dress like cholos or gangsters.

What was your dress code?
We were fairly simple. No cholo attire, no caps backwards, pants must be worn as they were intended (not below yo ass), jerseys frowned upon (raiders)....stuff to keep riff raff out. Wanna be hood, go to the hood....disclaimer.....my 2 spots are in the hood and I live in the hood.

How about

Chicos Ta

Yeah okay...🙄🙄🙄

Do you go to..

Chicos Tacos
7/11
Circle K
Dallas Cowboy games
UTEP games
NMSU games
Any NBA or NFL game??
Nope haven't been there since November and prior to that it had been at least 2 or 3 years.

Nope. I only use ExxonMobil gas on my vehicles.

Same as above.

No, it has been years.

Only Texas road games.

Hell naw, why would I go see NMSU?

No, hate the NBA.

We were fairly simple. No cholo attire, no caps backwards, pants must be worn as they were intended (not below yo ass), jerseys frowned upon (raiders)....stuff to keep riff raff out. Wanna be hood, go to the hood....disclaimer.....my 2 spots are in the hood and I live in the hood.

That makes a lot of sense.

So you dont go to sporting events and Walmart's??

My son showed me a Tik Tok and this guy is leaving the house in jeans and a polo and yells to his wife, "heading to Walmart." And she replies, "you're not going there dressed like that."

And he returns in basketball shorts and a wife beater and she says, "much better."

• Haha
Reactions: Rot and denverutep
Chicos tacos definitely in the overrated section for me. So much good Mexican food in el paso, would hate for people to waste their time at Chicos over Kikis, Leo's, Casita Linda, Carlos & Mickey, etc.

Reactions: MinerManiac
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT