ADVERTISEMENT

OT Favorite and Most Overrated Eateries in El Paso/Las Cruces Area

Drive an hour and a half to Sparkys in Hatch. Best ever
My favorite burger. The patty has just the right amount of smoke and the local chiles on top are amazing. Also great are the pulled pork tacos, the green chile corn, and the sausage bites.

In El Paso a favorite of mine was Frisco Burger. Sometimes you're in the mood for a good greasy burger.

My favorite burger. The patty has just the right amount of smoke and the local chiles on top are amazing. Also great are the pulled pork tacos, the green chile corn, and the sausage bites.

In El Paso a favorite of mine was Frisco Burger. Sometimes you're in the mood for a good greasy burger.
I love Frisco Burger but their prices got outrageous and that was before the pandemic. I can’t imagine what a burger costs right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: PickMyAxe915
I love Frisch Burger but their prices got outrageous and that was before the pandemic. I can’t imagine what a burger costs right now.
Used to eat there as a kid and loved it. It was good the last time I went but not as good as I remember as a kid.

Ever since the youngin’ took over, the service has been disheartening.
I haven't seen that. I went in after not being there for over 2 years. They remembered my order. 3 employees have been there like 8 years. I would argue the owner is harder on staff than his dad was. I've witnessed his firm approach to correcting mistakes.
I also would tell you he has embraced change. They now take credit cards and i saw "The Everything Burger" OMG....

Local eateries

Favorites
-Charcoaler
-Ardovinos
-Desert Oak BBQ
-Taco Don Cuco
-San Isidro Cafe
-Sunny Sushi
-Cattleman
-Boss Chicken
-Peter Piper
-Gordita Tony
-Ardovino Desert Crossing

Overrated
-Crave
-Leos
-Avilas
-Chicos
-West Tx Chophouse
-Koze
-Cristosomos

Local eateries

Favorites
-Charcoaler
-Ardovinos
-Desert Oak BBQ
-Taco Don Cuco
-San Isidro Cafe
-Sunny Sushi
-Cattleman
-Boss Chicken
-Peter Piper
-Gordita Tony
-Ardovino Desert Crossing

Overrated
-Crave
-Leos
-Avilas
-Chicos
-West Tx Chophouse
-Koze
-Cristosomos

Thank you for saying Leo's and Avila's are overrated. It's not bad food, but it's certainly nowhere near the top.

I liked Jose Burritos on Thorn, circa 15-18 years ago, about where The Italian Kitchen is now. Now I can't find any evidence on the Internet that it ever existed.

How is Peter Piper local?

I also don't get the love for their pizza. I remember when they first came to El Paso it was just a cheap place to eat pizza and play games, and it tasted as advertised: a cheap pizza. It was a favorite of high school kids to hang out, especially after football games, because they could actually afford the pizza and, of course, there were tons of video games. Eventually they became so popular for birthdays, etc. that they kept raising the price, but not the quality, of the pizza. Now I find it to be overpriced pizza that you have to put up with when a friend or family member throws a party for their kid, but, much to my amazement, there are a lot of people who love it. It surprises me

Reactions: SAMINERGIRL
I also don't get the love for their pizza. I remember when they first came to El Paso it was just a cheap place to eat pizza and play games, and it tasted as advertised: a cheap pizza. It was a favorite of high school kids to hang out, especially after football games, because they could actually afford the pizza and, of course, there were tons of video games. Eventually they became so popular for birthdays, etc. that they kept raising the price, but not the quality, of the pizza. Now I find it to be overpriced pizza that you have to put up with when a friend or family member throws a party for their kid, but, much to my amazement, there are a lot of people who love it. It surprises me
Peter Piper has the best lunch buffet.

I love Peter Piper Pizza when it’s fresh hand in the store. For whatever reason, I think it’s kinda trash when they put it in a box. Also, PPP does not do well reheated.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Glad to read The Charcoaler mentioned.
I had the Green Chile Double Cheeseburger and a Cherry Coke, it made me smile as it took me back 40 years ago.

I would like to try Papa Eric's on Piedras, I see there are others in town. I've had the Border Burger - it's a "meh" rating from me. Any opinions here.

I really like both locations of Los Jarrones...damn good!!

Went to Papa Eric's for the first time when in town for the BSU game last week, and they have a very solid old school burger.

Reactions: WestTx12
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT