ADVERTISEMENT

OT: FC Juarez Bravos

everyone of you who responded to my comment... tell me how much you know about soccer. Nobody gonna give a **** about austin or orlando in 2 years.... to the **** thinking I was talking about USL, learn your role...
Not to toot my own horn, but a lot. I’d take you up on a bet about your assertion that nobody gonna give a shit about Austin in 2 years.

everyone of you who responded to my comment... tell me how much you know about soccer. Nobody gonna give a **** about austin or orlando in 2 years.... to the **** thinking I was talking about USL, learn your role...
You’re an angry little man.

I know a lot about soccer. Obviously you know nothing, that’s why you’re upset about Austin having a MLS team over Phoenix. You might not like Austin, get over it.

Nobody will give a crap about Austin in 2 years, if they’re a bad team like Cincinnati or Vancouver. Orlando has been poor their whole time in MLS, except for last year. What does Orlando have to do with anything?

Yes good example.

The Mexican culture requires for one to have thick skin. They'll use your biggest insecurity and turn it into your nickname.

I remember in school, girls calling each other whores or bitches. Not in a fighting sense but as an endearment. That's the same thing Mexicans say with that word.
That’s fine. Doesn’t mean it should be said out loud in front of 50,000 people. Just like if Jamaicans said the N word every time the goalie kicked the ball too. Just because it’s not offensive to you, doesn’t mean it’s not to others.

That’s the world we live in. You can’t say derogatory words to or about people in public. Do whatever you want in your inner circle, but offensive words should be kept to yourself.

Yes good example.

The Mexican culture requires for one to have thick skin. They'll use your biggest insecurity and turn it into your nickname.

I remember in school, girls calling each other whores or bitches. Not in a fighting sense but as an endearment. That's the same thing Mexicans say with that word.
That’s a fair point. Mexicans call everyone all kinds of stuff but unfortunately given the world we live in and they are on the global stage it becomes a black mark for the country and the federation. I went to a Cruz Azul game 5 years ago and they were pumping in music to try and drown the chant out but that didn’t stop anyone. If you follow European soccer some of these supporters do monkey chants or throw bananas onto the field when a black player touches the ball. You can’t crack down on that, and let “puto” chants slide.

I read where FIFA is considering a point deduction during WC Qualifying if the chants continue. Let’s see what happens. Will the fan base get the point?

Yes good example.

Gorda y Flacca. Hear it all the time. They used to call me 'Flauta' in high school. 😀

• Haha
Reactions: JCorona
Not to toot my own horn, but a lot. I’d take you up on a bet about your assertion that nobody gonna give a shit about Austin in 2 years.
It will be like Miami fusion and the mutiny in about 5 years. It may be a novelty team right now, but I know the soccer culture in Austin. Can you name a big youth tournament in Austin? The only thing it has is Georgetown state high school tournament and that is a really bad attended championship. I trained with Marinho, I know a little bit about soccer

It will be like Miami fusion and the mutiny in about 5 years. It may be a novelty team right now, but I know the soccer culture in Austin. Can you name a big youth tournament in Austin? The only thing it has is Georgetown state high school tournament and that is a really bad attended championship. I trained with Marinho, I know a little bit about soccer
You used to know the soccer culture in Austin. Things have changed. A lot.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
There’s a bunch of Marinho’s. Which one?

• Haha
Ok, please enlighten me as to how training under Marinho, who by the way I was well acquainted with also, makes you any more informed about Austin soccer culture than someone who actually lives in the area and is or has been recently associated with it. Just curious when/how your perception was formed?

A big youth tournament in Austin is the Austin Labor Day tournament. It drew 540 teams. That’s a big tournament. It’s not on par with the Dallas Cup, but what is? Also, the Lonestar College Showcase is a pretty big deal in the state. That’s two.

Lastly, you moved the goalposts in the middle of this “debate”. In your original post you said Austin FC would be exposed as a novelty within 2 years. Then your next post you used the 5 year mark and compared them to the Fusion and Mutiny. Which is it…2 or 5 years? Honestly, I don’t think either time frame will end up holding water.

Anyway…

What's his connection to Austin?
None that I know of. He was a trainer in EP well after his pro career ended. He only came up because randaddy said he trained under him.

That’s why I asked randaddy why training under Marinho made him more knowledgeable about Austin soccer culture. Simple answer…it didn’t/doesn’t.

None that I know of. He was a trainer in EP well after his pro career ended. He only came up because randaddy said he trained under him.

That’s why I asked randaddy why training under Marinho made him more knowledgeable about Austin soccer culture. Simple answer…it didn’t/doesn’t.
Got it. I don't train with anyone famous but I do party with a lot of the current players on the team.

Whenever you're in town let's catch a game. And we'll go have a good time afterwards at the Domain.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Got it. I don't train with anyone famous but I do party with a lot of the current players on the team.

Whenever you're in town let's catch a game. And we'll go have a good time afterwards at the Domain.
That’s cool!

Sounds great!! It’ll be late summer before I can get away for more than an hour or two. My wife just had major surgery and goes back under the knife in a few weeks.

Ok, please enlighten me as to how training under Marinho, who by the way I was well acquainted with also, makes you any more informed about Austin soccer culture than someone who actually lives in the area and is or has been recently associated with it. Just curious when/how your perception was formed?

A big youth tournament in Austin is the Austin Labor Day tournament. It drew 540 teams. That’s a big tournament. It’s not on par with the Dallas Cup, but what is? Also, the Lonestar College Showcase is a pretty big deal in the state. That’s two.

Lastly, you moved the goalposts in the middle of this “debate”. In your original post you said Austin FC would be exposed as a novelty within 2 years. Then your next post you used the 5 year mark and compared them to the Fusion and Mutiny. Which is it…2 or 5 years? Honestly, I don’t think either time frame will end up holding water.

Anyway…
3 MLS franchises have ever folded the last being Chivas USA in 2014 which says a lot about the stability of the league. Plus the most valuable soccer team in North America is Atlanta United. The TV deals along with the salary cap seems like it keeps even the worst franchises from going under. Austin won’t be going anywhere.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
3 MLS franchises have ever folded the last being Chivas USA in 2014 which says a lot about the stability of the league. Plus the most valuable soccer team in North America is Atlanta United. The TV deals along with the salary cap seems like it keeps even the worst franchises from going under. Austin won’t be going anywhere.
Agree. Nor will it’s fan base dwindle any time soon.

Can Austin Support NFL, NBA, and MLB? Seems to be heading in the direction of being a massive city.

Can Austin Support NFL, NBA, and MLB? Seems to be heading in the direction of being a massive city.
Austin has the trajectory to being a money city. But would the NBA want a 4th team in TX? Would the NFL or MLB want a 3rd? With Austin so close to all 3 cities it may not be in their favor.

Remember when the Raiders were considering moving from Oakland to San Antonio? El Jefe Jerah nixed that in a hurry. So long as Jerah is Führer of the Cowboys, he’ll use all his influence to never allow another NFL team in the state of Texas.

Reactions: kickballpro

Anyway…
Austin don't do shit for soccer, 540 teams ain't a thing.... How much do you know about soccer? What do you even know about the sport?

I know more about Austin Soccer Culture then everyone on this Board Combined. A majored in Mathematics with a Minor in ASC.

Austin don't do shit for soccer, 540 teams ain't a thing.... How much do you know about soccer? What do you even know about the sport?
How do you want me to answer that? If you were to put your right hand as far out to the side as you can and do the same with your left hand, the space in between your hands is how much soccer I know. Unless you’re a short f*#%*r, then I guess that analogy works against me.

Even though I’m 50, I got a steel trap for a memory. Rather than talk about how far each of us can piss, we’ll revisit this discussion in 2 years and then again in 5. Then we can see who knows shit about the Austin soccer scene.

How do you want me to answer that? If you were to put your right hand as far out to the side as you can and do the same with your left hand, the space in between your hands is how much soccer I know. Unless you’re a short f*#%*r, then I guess that analogy works against me.

Even though I’m 50, I got a steel trap for a memory. Rather than talk about how far each of us can piss, we’ll revisit this discussion in 2 years and then again in 5. Then we can see who knows shit about the Austin soccer scene.
How much soocer did you play and who for?

How much soocer did you play and who for?
Pretty sure we’ve had this discussion before but…

I’ve played most of my life. About 40 years. Played for various club teams, high school ball for Coronado, college ball at Richland and then with the EP Spurs, which eventually became the Patriots.

After my competitive career ended I played everything from premier men’s league to O-30 indoor until I was about 45.

I’ve also coached everything from 3v3 to club to HS ball.

Your turn. Or we can just let it go.

This called my attention: Miss Nayarit, Blessing Chukwu is the first African-Mexican woman to compete and win a beauty Pageant in Mexico, her father is Nigerian and her mother Mexican, she is currently competing for Miss Mexico Pageant taking place in Chihuahua. Today she won some sort of sports challenge by beating the other 31 participants from other states. https://www.facebook.com/BlessingChukwuu?comment_id=Y29tbWVudDo0NDE3NjEyNDgxNjIzNDExXzQ0MTc3MDY0NjQ5NDczNDY=

Last edited:
Only the NBA is entertaining the idea of expansion right now and Las Vegas and Seattle seem to be in the lead for getting teams.

However, Austin could be a target for a team that’s relocating.

Only if it’s the San Antonio Spurs that are relocating. Not an option for any other team.
People in Seattle have been pushing hard for a return of the SuperSonics. When the Kings were for sale several years ago the NBA blocked their sale to a group that wanted to move the franchise to Seattle. Plus they also renovated the old Key Areana for their NHL franchise. It’s going to be tough for them to beat out Vegas in my opinion. The city has so much to offer and owners know they’ll have so many people willing to see a game when they’re in town.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT