ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Former El Paso Franklin High QB beat undefeated Boise State tonight.

UTEPDefense

MI Hall of Famer
Oct 8, 2002
Baylor Romney, a redshirt freshman from El Paso’s Franklin High School, was the starting QB for BYU tonight and he played the entire game in their 28-25 victory over Boise State. He threw for 2 TD’s, 221 yards, and no interceptions.

https://247sports.com/Player/Baylor-Romney-71727/

In other El Paso high school football related news, on NBC 9OT last night, Ed Stansbury said that Michigan State was in town to watch Aaron Dumas play on Friday night.

Not the only Franklin Connection, WR Gunner Romney played at Franklin as a soph until transferring over to Arizona where he was all state. Grew up in Colonia Juarez the Morman community south of Juarez. He caught one pass last night. Baylor originally signed with Nevada but ended up at BYU. Good for him he had a great game last night.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
They are related to Mitt Romney. I believe Romney’s grandparents lived in Colonia Juarez Mormon community. He still has some distant relatives living in that area.

They are related to Mitt Romney. I believe Romney’s grandparents lived in Colonia Juarez Mormon community. He still has some distant relatives living in that area.
Yes. That is true.

Why would all Mormons be related? I thought we were done stereotyping people. WOW!
I was halfway kidding. See the italics?

Interestingly, many states have passed laws to stop Mormans from marrying underage relatives. The Texas law (about seven years ago) that prohibits marriage between cousins was targeted at the 'runaway' Mormon sects. I'm not bashing, I just saying.

Why do you think they move to Mexico (for the government corruption?)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT