ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Gas Prices

I dont know why we still use cars. In Europe they travel by train and take Subways. They dont need a car. New Yorkers don't need cars.
Really bro? This has got to be the dumbest post you've made in like 3 hours.

You came to El Paso from south texas. Where the f can you go in El Paso using a subway, train, or walking? You came to tortuga.....you walk? STFU already

Europe has audobons.....you can drive 100 MPH....whatcher point?

Reactions: T-6 Miner
Hyperloops could eventually change cross continental travel within the next 20-40 years. That an electric vehicles for city use or shorter travel.

Good thing your not a police officer or have a business on the west coast.
I enjoy reading your sports post but your political views are ape shit crazy.
Good thing you weren't a person of color during the Trump presidency.

What are my political views? To post links to articles that contradict the "Trump was such a great president" narrative.

Really bro? This has got to be the dumbest post you've made in like 3 hours.

You came to El Paso from south texas. Where the f can you go in El Paso using a subway, train, or walking? You came to tortuga.....you walk? STFU already

Europe has audobons.....you can drive 100 MPH....whatcher point?
El Paso had a transit transportation system. The people who come from Juarez dont have cars they use the public transportation. All major cities have some kind of of Subway and other ways of transportation. Didn't el paso have some kind of Subway in the early times? Mexico City has one of the best Subways in the world if I'm not mistaken. ALL major cities is moving to the future. El Paso is still living in the past just like you. Always making excuses that El Paso cant do anything.

Don’t have to go back your post about feeling safer was enough.
Nothing personal we all have our views and it’s okay to disagree. Just as long as we don’t burn anything down, go loot a business, ambush a cop, discriminate a person cause of their race, or sexual preference
I don’t know what has gotten into this country. I was taught to respect and treat all people the same. If we taught that now we would be better off.

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
El Paso had a transit transportation system. The people who come from Juarez dont have cars they use the public transportation. All major cities have some kind of of Subway and other ways of transportation. Didn't el paso have some kind of Subway in the early times? Mexico City has one of the best Subways in the world if I'm not mistaken. ALL major cities is moving to the future. El Paso is still living in the past just like you. Always making excuses that El Paso cant do anything.
Fili, guess you don’t get out much. My job takes me all over the southwest. Pretty damn difficult to go from Fabens to Las Cruces on the bus.
Just wondering to you own a car? If so why and are you willing to give it up. What kind of car. I may want to take it off your hands.

Aside from the Northeast, this country (Texas being a great example) was built with cars in mind. The infrastructure for mass transit is not there. The cities are not built with mass transit in mind, people don't want to live on top of each other or share a wall with a neighbor. Plus, we want the freedom to go wherever we want, whenever we want and not be constrained to mass transit schedule or foot print.
The bullet train from Laredo to Dallas has been a pipe dream since I can remember and it will never happen. Politicians are are loyal to the interest of gas companies and car manufacturers, so investing in mass transit is not a priority, especially since the constituent don't demand it.
Bullet train is what is needed, but you said it . It wont happened because that would kill the auto business. America is so dependent in cars that it's sad. That's why we are the fattest country in the world.

Fili, guess you don’t get out much. My job takes me all over the southwest. Pretty damn difficult to go from Fabens to Las Cruces on the bus.
Just wondering to you own a car? If so why and are you willing to give it up. What kind of car. I may want to take it off your hands.
I'm talking about major cities, you bringing up small towns. All big major cities have pretty good public transportation system. I would love to give up my car.

Reactions: JCorona
Don’t have to go back your post about feeling safer was enough.
Nothing personal we all have our views and it’s okay to disagree. Just as long as we don’t burn anything down, go loot a business, ambush a cop, discriminate a person cause of their race, or sexual preference
I don’t know what has gotten into this country. I was taught to respect and treat all people the same. If we taught that now we would be better off.
Goes to show how far above your head my point flew. Total disconnect from regular Joe's.

There are a lot of things I lean right on and others left. When it comes to Trump, that's a hard no. He has a cult like following and to his admirers he does no wrong. That's a very dangerous thing.

Good thing your not a police officer or have a business on the west coast.
I enjoy reading your sports post but your political views are ape shit crazy.

Corona has vehemently disagreed with me at times but I've never found his non-sports related posts "ape shit crazy." I just thought maybe he was beginning to mellow as he approaches middle age.

Goes to show how far above your head my point flew. Total disconnect from regular Joe's.

There are a lot of things I lean right on and others left. When it comes to Trump, that's a hard no. He has a cult like following and to his admirers he does no wrong. That's a very dangerous thing.
I’ll agree with you there. I hope to high hell someone strong enough runs against Trump. And I don’t mean a person running against Trump just cause they didn’t like him. I want a conservative who has the country and it’s citizens first. Liz Cheney is not that person.

This clown claims to be a republican (probably because everyone he hangs with is republican) yet not ONE word in favor of a republican view. Funny how you come up with a defensive stance for everything democrat.
I won't sit here and defend Trump. I will however tell you straight up that while he is a jackass, he sure the hell was doing his best for OUR entire country.
Whatevs, you and Brian were probably the only ones that had a hard on for trump, the rest of us didn't like him or didn't even care. The only decisions so far that this presidency has done that I agree with is the sanctions on russia and his stance on covid, the rest of biden's decisions seem like he's trying to find the best way to screw crap up.

What are you talking about? i don't defend republican point of view? hell I defended the stimulus checks in the post you replied to. Even trump wanted to sign those checks. I defend strong immigration laws, I thought the wall was a stupid idea, though... I didn't like the fact trump didn't take covid seriously at first and his stance on the masks, but you know how I felt about the lock downs. Heck, I was a firm believer in the "quarantine team" theory, maybe our team was a little too big, but none of us got it.

BTW, the food was great at tipsy. When they told me you were cooking, I was like, we're getting his Keto bull shit, but low and behold, it wasn't keto and we got real good food, especially the chilly fries

Whatevs, you and Brian were probably the only ones that had a hard on for trump, the rest of us didn't like him or didn't even care. The only decisions so far that this presidency has done that I agree with is the sanctions on russia and his stance on covid, the rest of biden's decisions seem like he's trying to find the best way to screw crap up.

What are you talking about? i don't defend republican point of view? hell I defended the stimulus checks in the post you replied to. Even trump wanted to sign those checks. I defend strong immigration laws, I thought the wall was a stupid idea, though... I didn't like the fact trump didn't take covid seriously at first and his stance on the masks, but you know how I felt about the lock downs. Heck, I was a firm believer in the "quarantine team" theory, maybe our team was a little too big, but none of us got it.

BTW, the food was great at tipsy. When they told me you were cooking, I was like, we're getting his Keto bull shit, but low and behold, it wasn't keto and we got real good food, especially the chilly fries
In fairness, like I have said a bazillion times, I am NOT a fan of trump, but I like what he did/tried to do.
Honestly, the sanctions really haven't done much have they? Jackass putin is still attacking. As far as bidens stance on covid, what stance? He said "I have a plan to end covid" He hasn't done anything. Covid is cycling itself through. The democrats forced businesses closed, forced vaccine mandates, and forced masks. None has been proven to help. Trump was pushed into signing stimulus checks, but bro, that has helped crush our economy. We have become lazy and won't go back to work, causing this inflation. Trump didn't take covid seriously or was he trying not to let the country flip out? Which we did anyway....

Our quarantine team was large, but did you notice only YOU wore a mask? IMHO masks do very little. Oh hey.....none did get it....very odd. (I did last month though)

Thanks about the food. I got thrown into cooking several months ago and am still learning. I am getting there. Lord knows I NEED to get back on keto. I am fat fat the water rat.....

You are implying we are a major city. We are not. In addition, try living in Canutillo and working in Horizon. El Paso is soooo spread out. I believe we can do so much better at damn near everything, but our leaders suck.
Do you even live here anymore? geez

Or Mexican-American
I don't know fellas. It seems EVERY white dude/lady I know was called a racist. We are STILL being labeled that way. WTF did I do? We sure the shit didn't burn down your mom and dad's business, yet we have to walk on eggshells? I grew up in the hood, northeast. I was called a cracker ALL my life. I don't care. My skin is thicker than that. My best friends were some of the greatest football players in the city. (mainly black dudes) They were royalty. Now they claim they were discriminated against. WTF? We hung out together. That shit is bullshit.
In addition, I would work in the lower valley and folks would ONLY speak to me in spanish (I don't speak it after 50 years here) I would hear the dudes down there talkin trash about how I don't belong in "their barrio". but I didn't care about that either.
Gotta grow a pair. This country is full of people wanting to get their 15 minutes of fame, regardless of the results. What happened to people before Lincoln was president shouldn't be my fault. I couldn't care less what race you are, just be a damn good person. (I am VERY questionable on that part....lol)

Can't we all just get along? :)

Reactions: T-6 Miner
The democrats forced businesses closed, forced vaccine mandates, and forced masks. None has been proven to help.

Stop with the bullshit, man. It wasn't just democrats. And vaccines and masks are PROVEN to help stop the spread and minimize illness if someone still gets COVID-19. Please stop with the bullshit.

Reactions: develman
I am by no means an expert here, but.....I seem to recall american companies reinvesting in america. Factories were once again opening up HERE. Instead of giving those jobs to countries like china, tawain, etc. He pushed for american made. That seems to be in our best interest. No?
He pushed hard for a border wall to help slow the influx of migrants. Notice I said SLOW. No barrier unguarded will totally prevent it. However. it assists our border patrol in protecting our borders. We MUST have a system in place to control immigration. Come in the correct way, not crossing the river in the middle of the night, hidden. IDK, bruh....but that seems to be in the best interest of our country. (and before you give me shit about immigration, I have lived in EP since 71. I follow rules going into mexico. They need to follow rules coming here....Oh and....my wife is an immigrant from Germany. She came here legally. Why cant they?)

It's amazing to me the blind hate some people have towards trump. I have said many times before, I am not a fan of his, but he did do a lot for us while in office. Of course, it would have been better if he could just stfu and stay in his basement like biden does. While I don't like where our country is headed with this clown in office, I also don't hate him either. I seriously don't think he is fit to be in charge, but he's a buttload better than harris....I think.

I hope Disantis runs. Dude is good. I can't do another Trump campaign.....I just can't.
Isn't trumps "signature" clothing line made in China?

Reactions: develman
You are implying we are a major city. We are not. In addition, try living in Canutillo and working in Horizon. El Paso is soooo spread out. I believe we can do so much better at damn near everything, but our leaders suck.
Do you even live here anymore? geez
El Paso /Juarez/Las Cruses area has the population of a major city. But have the mindset of a small town. Smaller cities have more to offer than El Paso.

Imagine if El Paso had some kind of public Amtrak train. That goes from Juarez, El Paso, and Las Cruces?? San Diego has a train that picks up people from the the TJ border and goes all over the city. They have 3 trains and also they have a Amtrak train where you can pay like $40 one way and it will take to L.A. But the transit transportation they have in San Diego is one of the best I've seen. You really dont need a car there if you know how to use the transit system.

El Paso /Juarez/Las Cruses area has the population of a major city. But have the mindset of a small town. Smaller cities have more to offer than El Paso.

Imagine if El Paso had some kind of public Amtrak train. That goes from Juarez, El Paso, and Las Cruces?? San Diego has a train that picks up people from the the TJ border and goes all over the city. They have 3 trains and also they have a Amtrak train where you can pay like $40 one way and it will take to L.A. But the transit transportation they have in San Diego is one of the best I've seen. You really dont need a car there if you know how to use the transit system.
El Paso is isolated. That part of California is a continuous stretch of civilization, and San Diego is 120 miles from LA.

El Paso is over 600 miles from Dallas, and there isn't much in between.

I do think it could make financial sense to build some sort of mass transit rail that connects the east side of El Paso to downtown.

It almost became a serious possibility. Former Gov Bill Richardson had one in the works to connect southern NM with El Paso (a direct LC to EP route). It never came to fruition. There was a train connection from El Paso to Juarez that existed for a long, long time. El Paso does have a long term plan for rail. We have the "Brio fast transit system" and is basically a preliminary to a rail transit for large cities. The Brio's are articulated buses with those massive dragster tires in the back.

Stop with the bullshit, man. It wasn't just democrats. And vaccines and masks are PROVEN to help stop the spread and minimize illness if someone still gets COVID-19. Please stop with the bullshit.
Let's discuss bullshit bro.....Masks are theatre. There is ZERO proof the disposable bullshit we are wearing has done a damn thing. They push it ONLY to act like they care/are doing anything. MANY studies show the ONLY masks that are effective are the N9 ones that us commoners can NOT obtain. Politicians wear them ONLY when cameras are around.
Let's head to vaccines, homie...vaccines were supoosed to help ME protect myself. NOTHING to do with the spread, Fact dude....they were to HELP us handle it IF we caught covid. Not stop me from giving it to you. Now we are hearing it hurts us more than helps.....wtf? btw....We got the jab.....but did you read now pfizer says its necessary for a 4th shot? you dont think its financially based? gtfoh

There is NOTHING effing proven. It's still just a guess.....so YOU stop with your bullshit

Let's discuss bullshit bro.....Masks are theatre. There is ZERO proof the disposable bullshit we are wearing has done a damn thing. They push it ONLY to act like they care/are doing anything. MANY studies show the ONLY masks that are effective are the N9 ones that us commoners can NOT obtain. Politicians wear them ONLY when cameras are around.
Let's head to vaccines, homie...vaccines were supoosed to help ME protect myself. NOTHING to do with the spread, Fact dude....they were to HELP us handle it IF we caught covid. Not stop me from giving it to you. Now we are hearing it hurts us more than helps.....wtf? btw....We got the jab.....but did you read now pfizer says its necessary for a 4th shot? you dont think its financially based? gtfoh

There is NOTHING effing proven. It's still just a guess.....so YOU stop with your bullshit
In addition....you are ok with companies firing people for no vaccination with no proof it helps anything?

I don't know fellas. It seems EVERY white dude/lady I know was called a racist. We are STILL being labeled that way. WTF did I do? We sure the shit didn't burn down your mom and dad's business, yet we have to walk on eggshells? I grew up in the hood, northeast. I was called a cracker ALL my life. I don't care. My skin is thicker than that. My best friends were some of the greatest football players in the city. (mainly black dudes) They were royalty. Now they claim they were discriminated against. WTF? We hung out together. That shit is bullshit.
In addition, I would work in the lower valley and folks would ONLY speak to me in spanish (I don't speak it after 50 years here) I would hear the dudes down there talkin trash about how I don't belong in "their barrio". but I didn't care about that either.
Gotta grow a pair. This country is full of people wanting to get their 15 minutes of fame, regardless of the results. What happened to people before Lincoln was president shouldn't be my fault. I couldn't care less what race you are, just be a damn good person. (I am VERY questionable on that part....lol)

Can't we all just get along? :)
Hear what you are saying, I loss a few job opportunities cause I don’t speak Spanish. I don’t blame anyone but myself for that. Saying that it doesn’t make it right to be looked down upon by those who do, especially the rich that come from Juarez.
I’m not comparing this to the racism that blacks have been put through. I know it no way close. Let’s just treat everyone the same and all would be good.

SMH...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT