ADVERTISEMENT

Ot: Got back from El Paso

El Paso's climate and proximity to the cool mountains of Southern NM and attractions like white sands and Carlsbad caverns plus local hiking in the Franklin's indicate to me that El Paso needs some dude ranches and some 55+ community developments and a golf resort or two. Just a couple of ideas. I'm sure locals can come up with a lot more. The new medical school should start attracting peripheral business and local politicos should be hustling to bring in better paying jobs.

Great idea!!! All the teams play in either Arizona or Florida. Should be easy to get 4 of them to relocate to El Paso. Instead of playing 14 other teams, they can play 3. Another solid idea here!!!!

MLS preseason is kinda like the Wild West. Its not organized yet. Right now, 4-6 teams go to Tucson for the month of February, Locos go there too. FC Tucson plays host.. A few other teams travel to Orlando.

I wouldn't think it would be too difficult to get 6-8 MLS/USL teams in town and play.

El Paso should host some spring training baseball teams. It be nice if they can get 4 teams to train here.
About 15 years ago there was a serious push to get teams to move their spring training to the Rio Grande Valley. The state was behind the plan and had strong armed the Astros and Rangers to move their spring training to the Valley. The problem was they needed at least another four teams to make it work. They couldn't find four additional teams.

El Paso can draw all of New Mexico, out to Fort Stockton and even Midland,Odessa. Just takes money and ideas. I like kickball’s suggestion. Just need someone with a vision and money to create it.
We can and will support it if someone builds it, knows how to market it(not UTEP) and continues to upgrade with new attractions and ideals.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
MLS preseason is kinda like the Wild West. Its not organized yet. Right now, 4-6 teams go to Tucson for the month of February, Locos go there too. FC Tucson plays host.. A few other teams travel to Orlando.

I wouldn't think it would be too difficult to get 6-8 MLS/USL teams in town and play.
That’s waaaaaaaaaayyy different then what Foolie was suggesting.

Reactions: kickballpro
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT