ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Green Bay

Denver will pay him and I guarantee some El Pasoan's would be scratching the internet and app's for tickets. I would be one of them. Mile High experience would be a nice bucket list experience. It's so loud at times it makes an adjacent section on I-25 shake a little; I experienced it .

Denver will pay him and I guarantee some El Pasoan's would be scratching the internet and app's for tickets. I would be one of them. Mile High experience would be a nice bucket list experience. It's so loud at times it makes an adjacent section on I-25 shake a little; I experienced it .

I dont know why Denver would pay him when they're already paying Melvin Gordon $8 million and deciding on Philip Lindsay, and need to rebuild their defense, but okay.

Yes, Jones is better than what they have but that prediction makes no sense. Even as a Broncos fan, I'd be happy about having Jones, but that would not be a smart signing.

Teams that will be looking for first-tier RB's during free agency. (looking at their salary cap and roster) should be the Dolphins, Cardinals, Jets, and Steelers. The second-tier needs would be the Falcons, Seahawks, Chargers, and Raiders.

Having said that any team looking to upgrade the RB position(by cutting the current RB)would go after Jones.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Just want Denver to get him because I’m a Broncos fan. They get rid themselves of Gordon and keep Lindsay

14. Aaron Jones, RB
2020 team: Green Bay Packers | Age entering 2021 season: 26

Of the heralded 2017 draft class of running backs, only Dalvin Cook has more career rushing yards (3,661) than Jones (3,364). Only Alvin Kamara has more rushing touchdowns (43 vs. 37). But unlike fellow class members Kamara, Cook, Christian McCaffrey, Joe Mixon and Tarik Cohen, Jones has not signed a contract extension. The looming expiration of his rookie deal will test the annual running back conundrum. How much value would the Packers lose if they let him leave and turn over the position to 2020 draft choice AJ Dillon? And how much of a market would there be for a back like Jones with 782 touches worth of wear on his body?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/st...-best-50-players-potentially-market-offseason

14. Aaron Jones, RB
2020 team: Green Bay Packers | Age entering 2021 season: 26

Of the heralded 2017 draft class of running backs, only Dalvin Cook has more career rushing yards (3,661) than Jones (3,364). Only Alvin Kamara has more rushing touchdowns (43 vs. 37). But unlike fellow class members Kamara, Cook, Christian McCaffrey, Joe Mixon and Tarik Cohen, Jones has not signed a contract extension. The looming expiration of his rookie deal will test the annual running back conundrum. How much value would the Packers lose if they let him leave and turn over the position to 2020 draft choice AJ Dillon? And how much of a market would there be for a back like Jones with 782 touches worth of wear on his body?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/st...-best-50-players-potentially-market-offseason
That is absurd. He is a Pro Bowl running back and "wear and tear" doesn't seem to be an issue for those other guys mentioned. Some team surely must be in need of a Pro Bowl running back.

I'll tell you who has shown wear and tear and an acute case of fumbleitis: Zeke Elliott. I would trade Zeke for Jones in a heartbeat.

That is absurd. He is a Pro Bowl running back and "wear and tear" doesn't seem to be an issue for those other guys mentioned. Some team surely must be in need of a Pro Bowl running back.

I'll tell you who has shown wear and tear and an acute case of fumbleitis: Zeke Elliott. I would trade Zeke for Jones in a heartbeat.
Cowboys NEVER should have signed Zeke

I think Jones represents a class franchise in the GB Packers and I'd love to see them sign him. However I think they will stay with Dillon and Williams for cheap. Jones will get signed to the tune of about 10-12 million a year and the top 5 teams looking to pick him up will be Arizona, Detroit, San Francisco, Pittsburgh (sign and trade of Conner) or NYJets

I think Jones represents a class franchise in the GB Packers and I'd love to see them sign him. However I think they will stay with Dillon and Williams for cheap. Jones will get signed to the tune of about 10-12 million a year and the top 5 teams looking to pick him up will be Arizona, Detroit, San Francisco, Pittsburgh (sign and trade of Conner) or NYJets

Pittsburgh would be interesting. But the NFL doesn't really do sign and trade because contracts are worked alot differently.

Pittsburgh would be interesting. But the NFL doesn't really do sign and trade because contracts are worked alot differently.
You're right I should have worded that different it's not like NBA. Actually found out James Conner will be a free agent so even better. Imagine Jones going from GB to Steelers maybe after a Super Bowl. Talk about 2 great teams to start your career!

Zeke looked just like Jones when they signed him, as did Gurley. Gurley was averaging 2000 total yds and 20 TD's. Le'Veon Bell, David Johnson, Jerick McKinnon, Lamar Miller, Devonta Freeman, Demarco Murray, Jonathan Stewart, Chris Ivory, Adrian Peterson, CJ Anderson, Doug Martin, are all proving the same point. It is proven that you do not sign RB's to large contracts. The wear and tear catches up with you very quickly.

If you can list 5 recent big money contracts that have panned out, I would be shocked. Just like you said, Elliot just proves the point again.

Teams are not going to make the same mistake. McCaffery may be the exception, but otherwise the failure of Elliot and Gurley recently are going to have teams hesitant. He would be better off re-signing, and I bet that is exactly what happens. It will be a large amount that is based on an average per year and not the guaranteed money that he wants.

Charlie the Boracho holed up near Caballo Lake. He said Jan's and team can quarantine with him for $250/week. All the bologna and spam you want.

STFU No Brains

NMSU lives rent free in your head. You should start your own NMSU newsletter. Seem to be a favorite subject of yours.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT