ADVERTISEMENT

OT: hope everyone is safe tonight

You have a problem with my pascal thread because it doesnt have to do with utep. You have like 20 threads nothing about utep.

2965jo.jpg

How come no one has called out this thread? I noticed that when someone makes a Pro Conservative or Pro Trump comment that they get called out as everyone is up in arms about this not being a political forum. Yet when we get liberal dribble it is ok.
I don't care either way, no politics or politics, but then don't get up in arms when it is something you disagree with.

How come no one has called out this thread? I noticed that when someone makes a Pro Conservative or Pro Trump comment that they get called out as everyone is up in arms about this not being a political forum. Yet when we get liberal dribble it is ok.
I don't care either way, no politics or politics, but then don't get up in arms when it is something you disagree with.

I don’t usually talk politics here. I only posted it because we live on the border and know what’s up.

I don’t usually talk politics here. I only posted it because we live on the border and know what’s up.
I have no problem with your comments. I find them entertaining from both sides. I just have a problem with the people cherry picking which ones should be allowed and which ones shouldn't.

This nation needs greater border protection. Those that don’t want it, should be forced to sponsor an illegal for the length of their stay (forever).
Lol dude. You're in in crazy town. Say hi to Alex Jones and the gay frogs, then go investigate Pizza Comet, go yell at Newton Parents for being "actors", and then explain how 99% of scientists are wrong about climate change. Finally, go to a family enjoying a nice carne asada in their backyard and tell them them they are living in a warzone despite what they see.

Last edited:

The only thing the wall will do is stop the small time coyotes. All other business resumes as normal.

Edit: I’m not opposed to a wall and have no problem donating $17 to fund it. I just don’t think it will be effective.

Last edited:
Reactions: minermx07

Because Trump is a dumbass, piece of shit, and we should all be calling him out for it, regardless of party- country over party affiliation.

This nation needs greater border protection. Those that don’t want it, should be forced to sponsor an illegal for the length of their stay (forever).

Reasonable people should be able to agree on the need for secure borders.

Walls work in urban areas like El Paso and San Diego where they’re patrolled.

Most of the Texas border is private property and national parkland on a riverside — a wall doesn’t work there.

Lol dude. You're in in crazy town. Say hi to Alex Jones and the gay frogs, then go investigate Pizza Comet, go yell at Newton Parents for being "actors", and then explain how 99% of scientists are wrong about climate change. Finally, go to a family enjoying a nice carne asada in their backyard and tell them them they are living in a warzone despite what they see.

Ya see, here lies the problem with rational discussion these days. The folks posting anywhere on social media are either super hardcore democrats, or super hardcore republicans. I get more annoyed with the democrats as they are so over the top with the hatred of Trump, rational talks are worthless. Republicans aren't much better as they only stick with the make america great again crap without a good discussion.
Personally, I don't believe 98% of the political crap put out by any media site. They ALL have agendas. (mainly to drive clicks and push revenue) I prefer to hear what is said/written, look into it on my own, use logic and common sense, and make a decision that is MINE. Get this....sometimes while discussing things, I will change my mind! (cool concept, huh?)

While a lot of you may see El Paso as being a safe city, which we are, it hasn't always been that way. I believe Clinton was in office when our fence was built. There was no outrage. There were no protests. El Paso agreed with it. I have spoken to many retired BP agents who have said it was a godsend in HELPING slow down crime and drugs. Because the Rio gets dry at times, folks could easily walk across and do whatever they wanted. This isn't some bs I made up, it's facts from people that dealt with it daily.

Does the US need a wall separating the borders? I really don't know if the whole border does. What I do know is El Paso ALREADY has a wall/fence that helps us, therefore it's very hard for us to understand the troubles in Mcallen, Brownsville, etc.

Ehh....whatever floats your boat. If you are hardcore on either side, this falls on deaf ears anyway.....

Where is HoneyBoy95 and John100? I guess they have been banned as I know they would be all over this thread.

Ya see, here lies the problem with rational discussion these days. The folks posting anywhere on social media are either super hardcore democrats, or super hardcore republicans. I get more annoyed with the democrats as they are so over the top with the hatred of Trump, rational talks are worthless. Republicans aren't much better as they only stick with the make america great again crap without a good discussion.
Personally, I don't believe 98% of the political crap put out by any media site. They ALL have agendas. (mainly to drive clicks and push revenue) I prefer to hear what is said/written, look into it on my own, use logic and common sense, and make a decision that is MINE. Get this....sometimes while discussing things, I will change my mind! (cool concept, huh?)

While a lot of you may see El Paso as being a safe city, which we are, it hasn't always been that way. I believe Clinton was in office when our fence was built. There was no outrage. There were no protests. El Paso agreed with it. I have spoken to many retired BP agents who have said it was a godsend in HELPING slow down crime and drugs. Because the Rio gets dry at times, folks could easily walk across and do whatever they wanted. This isn't some bs I made up, it's facts from people that dealt with it daily.

Does the US need a wall separating the borders? I really don't know if the whole border does. What I do know is El Paso ALREADY has a wall/fence that helps us, therefore it's very hard for us to understand the troubles in Mcallen, Brownsville, etc.

Ehh....whatever floats your boat. If you are hardcore on either side, this falls on deaf ears anyway.....
If you want to have a rational discussion we can have one. I was responding in kind to a hyperbolic comment.

The truth is that the Democratic Position is not open borders. No one argues for that. Everyone understands the need for law and order at the border.

Every Democrat is for wall WHERE IT IS NEEDED and PRACTICAL. Walls make sense in urban areas. Highly trafficked areas are good places for walls and more walls. However, a sea to shinning sea wall is a bad idea. It would negatively impact ranchers, private home owners, and parks like Big Bend. Where you can't have wall, there should be fencing, technology, and patrols. Money for Border Security has been on the rise and illegal crossings and drugs are down. Those are all facts.

If you want to have a rational discussion we can have one. I was responding in kind to a hyperbolic comment.

The truth is that the Democratic Position is not open borders. No one argues for that. Everyone understands the need for law and order at the border.

Every Democrat is for wall WHERE IT IS NEEDED and PRACTICAL. Walls make sense in urban areas. Highly trafficked areas are good places for walls and more walls. However, a sea to shinning sea wall is a bad idea. It would negatively impact ranchers, private home owners, and parks like Big Bend. Where you can't have wall, there should be fencing, technology, and patrols. Money for Border Security has been on the rise and illegal crossings and drugs are down. Those are all facts.

YOU sound rational in this response, but that's not what you hear most of the time when politics are discussed. I would agree with your position, but when you group "every democrat" into your response, I have to disagree. Where it's Beto, Pelosi, or any other demcratic politician in front of a mic, all you hear is "we don't need a wall", not we only need a wall in certain places. I bet if they went into negotiations with the attitude of building a wall in places of need instead of stomping their feet and saying no wall, we just might get things accomplished.
It's a hard sell to say democrats believe in better border security when the likes of Beto are always attempting to show how safe it is being in El Paso when in reality, this is just a small piece of the border. Are they really looking at the big picture, or are they just trying to stay in the public eye for financial reasons? I don't see many republicans jumping in front of a mic, or making appearances about this issue. Why aren't they? Makes me wonder...
BOTH sides are asses. Trump is a big asshole boss that is determined to get things done HIS way. The democrats are like stubborn kids that don't want to budge.

YOU sound rational in this response, but that's not what you hear most of the time when politics are discussed. I would agree with your position, but when you group "every democrat" into your response, I have to disagree. Where it's Beto, Pelosi, or any other demcratic politician in front of a mic, all you hear is "we don't need a wall", not we only need a wall in certain places. I bet if they went into negotiations with the attitude of building a wall in places of need instead of stomping their feet and saying no wall, we just might get things accomplished.
It's a hard sell to say democrats believe in better border security when the likes of Beto are always attempting to show how safe it is being in El Paso when in reality, this is just a small piece of the border. Are they really looking at the big picture, or are they just trying to stay in the public eye for financial reasons? I don't see many republicans jumping in front of a mic, or making appearances about this issue. Why aren't they? Makes me wonder...
BOTH sides are asses. Trump is a big asshole boss that is determined to get things done HIS way. The democrats are like stubborn kids that don't want to budge.
Why isn't Trump the petulant child in your scenario?

If you define success by dollars only, I guess- but I’m a much better MAN, and I’d rather have that.
What makes you a better MAN? Great men don't have to say what kind of men they are, they are defined by their actions and others.
Who has described you as that, as those that have to say it rarely are.

I'm republican and I can't stand trump. We've always had some kind of a fence on the border (which I don't think does really much), what has made a difference in my opinion, was the mass hiring of border patrol agents in the early 2000's (although, they need to get rid of the Deming group who has about 6 different law enforcement agencies chillin in the middle of I-10 across from that diamond shamrock). As far as "border crisis" we all know that is far fetched.

I'm sleeping well tonight knowing that the new caravan leaving Honduras today will be heading to New York and California where they have been promised free health care.

I'm sleeping well tonight knowing that the new caravan leaving Honduras today will be heading to New York and California where they have been promised free health care.
Trying to stay out of this one and boy it was hard, but when FOX News polls show another reality and left and right people actually do share a common ground on one aspect of the country, you know something is wrong and health care is one of them.

....and perhaps if every damn president, including democratic party presidents, stopped overthrowing central american governments and arming Sgt. So n So with Guatamalan Army with high tech weapons and intelligence so he can use it on his own wife and family (true stories) and overthrowing even the government office custodial services because their leftists this problem would not be as bad?

What makes you a better MAN? Great men don't have to say what kind of men they are, they are defined by their actions and others.
Who has described you as that, as those that have to say it rarely are.

Seriously- I am not a compulsive liar, racist, narcissist, demean women, make fun of disabled people, coward, etc., etc., etc. - you don’t know me, those that know me, I don’t have to share that with, to your point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT