ADVERTISEMENT

OT: hope everyone is safe tonight

Seriously- I am not a compulsive liar, racist, narcissist, demean women, make fun of disabled people, coward, etc., etc., etc. - you don’t know me, those that know me, I don’t have to share that with, to your point.
But you seem to have to share with a sports forum with no one that knows you to make a point. Very strange.

But you seem to have to share with a sports forum with no one that knows you to make a point. Very strange.
Not strange at all- consider context of someone that doesn’t know me saying that he’s been more successful than me, that prompted me sharing that to provide perspective on what I consider “successful” - sorry I hurt your feelings apparently, calling out your Daddy for what he is - I’ll give you some time to stop sucking him off for you to respond- or just drop it, like you should have from the beginning!

Not strange at all- consider context of someone that doesn’t know me saying that he’s been more successful than me, that prompted me sharing that to provide perspective on what I consider “successful” - sorry I hurt your feelings apparently, calling out your Daddy for what he is - I’ll give you some time to stop sucking him off for you to respond- or just drop it, like you should have from the beginning!
Just like I thought, your answer shows what a better man you really are. How laughable you are. You can't buy that kind of revelation of a person.
Of course you will just keep going on how good of a person you are because you mother has always told you were, but now all these strangers that you have to beat your chest to, and yell it out to hear, now know the truth.

Just like I thought, your answer shows what a better man you really are. How laughable you are. You can't buy that kind of revelation of a person.
Of course you will just keep going on how good of a person you are because you mother has always told you were, but now all these strangers that you have to beat your chest to, and yell it out to hear, now know the truth.
Hahahaha- your laughable man, I’ll show you what a better man is now- you win. I’m sure we both have more important things to deal with. Game over.

YOU sound rational in this response, but that's not what you hear most of the time when politics are discussed. I would agree with your position, but when you group "every democrat" into your response, I have to disagree. Where it's Beto, Pelosi, or any other demcratic politician in front of a mic, all you hear is "we don't need a wall", not we only need a wall in certain places. I bet if they went into negotiations with the attitude of building a wall in places of need instead of stomping their feet and saying no wall, we just might get things accomplished.
It's a hard sell to say democrats believe in better border security when the likes of Beto are always attempting to show how safe it is being in El Paso when in reality, this is just a small piece of the border. Are they really looking at the big picture, or are they just trying to stay in the public eye for financial reasons? I don't see many republicans jumping in front of a mic, or making appearances about this issue. Why aren't they? Makes me wonder...
BOTH sides are asses. Trump is a big asshole boss that is determined to get things done HIS way. The democrats are like stubborn kids that don't want to budge.
For the Conservative Miner fans or the fans that blame both sides. Do you agree with the way this government shutdown happened? Basically, the fact that Trump vetoed a non-controversial spending bill to extort or force Democrats on a separate issue (the wall)

For the past few years after the last government shutdown. Congress agreed that shutdowns are bad and basically started passing things called "Continuing Resolutions" which are legislative speak for "we will keep things as is and fund stuff the same as last year". They are non-controversial and their job is to keep the government open by preventing big spending fights.

President Trump in the last minute added the wall stipulation to a bill that is essentially devoid of any policy or controversy. The bill passed Congress easily. Getting all 100 votes in the Senate. Yet the President rejected the resolution and demanded a wall . Now Republicans have decided to stand behind him and refuse their power to overide his veto which they can, but they don't want to stand up to the President.

I would like to think that all fair-minded Americans would be against this type of tactic. Regardless of their feelings for the wall. Using shutdowns or the the threat shutdowns when you can't get your way through the legislative process should be seen as wrong.

If you support this type of behavior now. Imagine the poison pills when Democrats take over. Shutdown until we pass gun regulations. Is that what you want?

Reactions: develman
ugh....I had typed out a looong reply, but after rereading your post and my rebuttals, I decided to not post it. You are hard core democrat that actually spoke very well in defense of your hard core side. I applaud you for that.

Again, being hardcore either way is wrong. We must have term limits now.

ugh....I had typed out a looong reply, but after rereading your post and my rebuttals, I decided to not post it. You are hard core democrat that actually spoke very well in defense of your hard core side. I applaud you for that.

I wish a Republican would speak well for their side. I'd like to hear that viewpoint.

I agree with you that our system is broken. I don't agree that term limits are a solution. Things I would like to see.

1. Campaign finance reform. Limits on corporate donations and the reduction of outside spending money.

2. Limits on lobyist. Limits on the back and forth in Washington from lobyist to legislator.

3. Limits on the control of political parties and the powers of the party leadership.

4. A better informed populace that will make better decisions.

Last edited:
I wish a Republican would speak well for their side. I'd like to hear that viewpoint.

I agree with you that our system is broken. I don't agree that term limits are a solution. Things I would like to see.

1. Campaign finance reform. Limits on corporate donations and the reduction of outside spending money.

2. Limits on lobyist. Limits on the back and forth in Washington from lobyist to legislator.

3. Limits on the control of political parties and the powers of the party leafership.

Unless we see a Browns vs Bucs Super Bowl to show legitamacy, it will not happen.

I will also disagree with the assertion that what I say comes from just being a Democrat and that im just speaking my side's view. Yes, I have an analysis (opinion), but that analysis is based on researched facts.

I think I have a Conservative streak. I've worked hard and I've saved. I respect entrepreneurship and have respect for law enforcement. However, I do believe in facts and living in a reality based world. Dick Cheney has a truly terrifying quote by the way about Conservatives not being bound by reality or facts.

Being equal does not mean giving both sides blame if one side in particular is sick/broken. An umpire can't just call a strike because he's called too many balls for one team.

The truth is the Republican Party isn't Bob Dole, John McCain, Ron Swanson (fictional, but idealistic), the Rotary Club, and the Chamber of Commerce anymore. If that was so, John Kasich, Marco Rubio, or Jeb Bush would be President. The Republican Party is Alex Jones, Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, Fox News. That is a severe downgrade in intellectual and moral capacity and the reason a guy like Trump is President.

For the Republicans who hold their nose but stick with Trump and their party after it's degenerated so badly, I think you're enabling the worst aspects of your party.

3. Limits on the control of political parties and the powers of the party leadership.

Anyone that believes term limits are not part of the solution is part of the problem themselves. Seriously, you think it's ok to remain in a political position for 40+ years regardless of party, doing the same things over and over? Look at the pensions and expense accounts for ALL of them. A large part of the problem in Washington is the fact that ALL of those morons are entitled assholes that are WAAAAAYYYYY over paid. Rotate all of them, like our founding fathers had envisioned, and we could save a lot of money. Cut expense accounts to eliminate families traveling with them. Why do congressmen need to go to greece anyway?
Get the status quo OUT OF WASHINGTON, and I don't give a rats ass who they are.

This begins fixing our broken system....begins....

I will also disagree with the assertion that what I say comes from just being a Democrat and that im just speaking my side's view. Yes, I have an analysis (opinion), but that analysis is based on researched facts.

I think I have a Conservative streak. I've worked hard and I've saved. I respect entrepreneurship and have respect for law enforcement. However, I do believe in facts and living in a reality based world. Dick Cheney has a truly terrifying quote by the way about Conservatives not being bound by reality or facts.

Being equal does not mean giving both sides blame if one side in particular is sick/broken. An umpire can't just call a strike because he's called too many balls for one team.

The truth is the Republican Party isn't Bob Dole, John McCain, Ron Swanson (fictional, but idealistic), the Rotary Club, and the Chamber of Commerce anymore. If that was so, John Kasich, Marco Rubio, or Jeb Bush would be President. The Republican Party is Alex Jones, Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, Fox News. That is a severe downgrade in intellectual and moral capacity and the reason a guy like Trump is President.

For the Republicans who hold their nose but stick with Trump and their party after it's degenerated so badly, I think you're enabling the worst aspects of your party.

Sorry, but just because you CLAIM to have objective thinking doesn't mean you do. Most things you have posted are very articulate democratic points of view. You don't have any conservative views in your writings. That's ok...I understand you believe what you believe. Just don't try to sell hard core democratic views as neutral. Most hard core dems or repubs BELIEVE they think evenly when in fact all they want to do is preach their side.

Save your energy, fellas. On matters of any real significance -- abortion, gun control, border security, term limits, gay marriage et al -- nobody will move the public opinion needle here.

Meantime, keep your hands off my faith and my politics ... and viva Miners.

Sorry, but just because you CLAIM to have objective thinking doesn't mean you do. Most things you have posted are very articulate democratic points of view. You don't have any conservative views in your writings. That's ok...I understand you believe what you believe. Just don't try to sell hard core democratic views as neutral. Most hard core dems or repubs BELIEVE they think evenly when in fact all they want to do is preach their side.
You are right, we are all shaped by biasis and experience, prone to one side or another, but I've yet to see a Republican articulate their view in a factual manner. It's just heresay and anectodes. Again, if possible I'd like to hear one. It's not a topic that agitates me. I like it.

Last edited:
Save your energy, fellas. On matters of any real significance -- abortion, gun control, border security, term limits, gay marriage et al -- nobody will move the public opinion needle here.

Meantime, keep your hands off my faith and my politics ... and viva Miners.
Yes, some issues are above an intellectual debate. Abortion probably being the biggest. Other stuff I think can be talked about.

Anyone that believes term limits are not part of the solution is part of the problem themselves. Seriously, you think it's ok to remain in a political position for 40+ years regardless of party, doing the same things over and over? Look at the pensions and expense accounts for ALL of them. A large part of the problem in Washington is the fact that ALL of those morons are entitled assholes that are WAAAAAYYYYY over paid. Rotate all of them, like our founding fathers had envisioned, and we could save a lot of money. Cut expense accounts to eliminate families traveling with them. Why do congressmen need to go to greece anyway?
Get the status quo OUT OF WASHINGTON, and I don't give a rats ass who they are.

This begins fixing our broken system....begins....
I think we agree that the system is broken. I'm happy about that. I think we agree money corrupts. We just want to get rid of it differently. I'd go for term limits if in return we could also stop secret pacs and dark money and corporate donations. Why would anyone be okay with people donating millions of dollars secretly to candidates?

Not good. He would have died pretty quick if it weren't for the medical attention he will receive here in the U.S. He may die anyway.
Many people that are dying just show up at the border/bridge and are taken to the ER where they are admitted and treated. Of course it's inhumane and against the law to turn them away, but it's defenitely a problem we face.

Reactions: develman
When was that? And not talking about you being bullied at school bc you were a pussy
Just like a kid, call all the names you want, shows your mental capacity. Just ask the people who lived in south El Paso in the 70’s.
I know most of you are to young to know about that era, and that’s why history repeats itself.
So pony shut the hell up!

Just like a kid, call all the names you want, shows your mental capacity. Just ask the people who lived in south El Paso in the 70’s.
I know most of you are to young to know about that era, and that’s why history repeats itself.
Ok, so you’re saying that south El Paso in the 70’s was rough due to illegal immigration and/or not having a wall??

How do you asshholes that support this piece of shit think this is ok??

Shamelessly parading home invasion victims, ice agents, cancer kids, WW2 veterans, misleading crime stats for EP / San Diego...

Don't you pendehos get it !! Ain't nothin' this lyin' bastard won't do to get his way... Realm
alien.gif

49842973_754569961583035_7789510287555559424_n.jpg

Last edited:
PonyBoy is no different than the other posters he complains about because they didn't agree with his every post. He loves you if you agree with him but when you do not he reverts to being a childish internet bully. Brags about what a great man he is while he calls everyone a piece of shit and a pussy. That is what someone does with diminished capacity that hides behind a computer.

I'm not here to make a political statement. My statements below are not intended to sway anyone on whether a wall along the entirety of our southern border is a good idea or not, nor are they intended to persuade you as to whether President Trump is America's savior or the Antichrist. I'm here to talk about quantifiable data versus perceptions.

Dmanminer obviously did not feel safe growing up in South El Paso during the 70s. I grew up in Northeast El Paso during the 70s and 80s, and felt very safe. Do you know what this means? Absolutely nothing. It doesn't mean that South El Paso was more or less dangerous than Northeast El Paso, El Paso as a whole, the rest of Texas, or the average city in the United States at that time. These a qualitative observations from different people, each with a sample size as one. Neither observation informs us as to whether or not El Paso was ever a violent city when compared to the national average.

Unfortunately, there is no way within my personal means to know how El Paso compared to the rest of the country in terms of violence during that time. I don't have those numbers. I'm confident that President Trump doesn't either. What we both can access are the FBI's Uniform Crime Reports, which quantify the number of violent crimes in the country from 1985 on. We can look at some of these numbers, as well as other similar statistics, at the following link:

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/01/trump-wrong-about-wall-effect-in-el-paso/

Here's what I believe, based on these statistics, I can safely say: since at least 1986, El Paso has been a less violent than the typical US city. In order to change that perception, I would need quantifiable data.

The president prominently discusses El Paso, and the EP Times print edition has nothing about it hahaha.

Since the El Paso Sector Border Patrol Union came out publicly for Trump (BP Unions do not publicly nor officially endorse political candidates) I hope they show all the tunnels under the fence built in the last twenty or so years. I realize they fill them with concrete but lay out the facts.

Trump coming here is a disaster. I don't want to be within 10 miles of the Colliseum Monday. On a side note, Veronica Escobar sucks ass. Wish Beto wouldn't have relinquished his seat. Her sole function in Congress is resistance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT