ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Jimmy Kimmel

He’s under fire for doing “blackface”. Will be interesting to see if the left forgives him or not. Double standard for those that hate Trump.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/23/entertainment/jimmy-kimmel-blackface-apology/index.html

Nah, only the highest priests like Kimmel are allowed to apologize, grow and evolve. Irony is that some of the figures whose statues are being torn down had apologized, grew and evolved from previous stances and still have people destroying them.

Kimmel will be forgiven and will be back on TV just in time for the election homestretch.

Same thing with Howard Stern. He did some crazy black face skits back in the day and people tried to bring it up but he’s going nowhere. And it’s ironic because the majority celebrities who did blackface are liberals. Kimmel, Fallon, Silverman, Stern.

Nah, only the highest priests like Kimmel are allowed to apologize, grow and evolve. Irony is that some of the figures whose statues are being torn down had apologized, grew and evolved from previous stances and still have people destroying them.

Kimmel will be forgiven and will be back on TV just in time for the election homestretch.
Which ones?

Which ones?

For instance: Ulysses S. Grant. Grant was a slave owner because his father-in-law had passed it down to him. Grant realized that slavery was wrong and released the slave upon learning of the struggles slaves faced. He released his slave before even being a part of the Union army. So example shows Grant learned, grew and changed his stance and led the battle for freedom of slaves.

Theodore Roosevelt is another statue that was brought down unjustly as Roosevelt was depicted as superior to a Native American and African-American. His statue is being removed because an artist sculpted this vision of Roosevelt leading Native Americans and African-Americans to new frontiers; a depiction of breaking away from the previous societal misconceptions. This is the same Teddy Roosevelt who invited Booker T. Washington to the White House.

For instance: Ulysses S. Grant. Grant was a slave owner because his father-in-law had passed it down to him. Grant realized that slavery was wrong and released the slave upon learning of the struggles slaves faced. He released his slave before even being a part of the Union army. So example shows Grant learned, grew and changed his stance and led the battle for freedom of slaves.
Do you think it would have been better if the Native Americans destroyed his statue? If anyone has a right to be mad at him it would be them.

Soon women will be woke too. Any male actors whoever played a woman, is sexist, and should be shamed and banned.

Eddie Murphy, Dave Chapelle, and Eddie Griffin have all done “white face”, it’s funny, but they don’t get backlash and there’s no outrage. If you’re going to be upset about black face, you should be upset at white face too.

Do you think it would have been better if the Native Americans destroyed his statue? If anyone has a right to be mad at him it would be them.

My view is that statues shouldn't be toppled because of how people feel. These statues were not put up yesterday. People are really missing an opportunity to teach and learn the basic morale: humans are flawed. Humans do very stupid things. America as a country did stupid, nonsensical, harmful things as a young country. But just like humans, we learn from those errors and we work on improving ourselves. The statues can serve as a reminder that America once owned slaves but through a vicious war, America learned that all men (and women) are created equal. America much like many of us, we've grown and learned through experience that what we may have done in our youth was moronic and harmful.

We have evidence that America has removed a lot of the systemic racism that existed: 13th, 14th and 15th amendments, removal of Jim Crow Laws, Brown v. Board of Education (segregation is illegal), Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Are we perfect? No, never will be and that is because we are human.

My view is that statues shouldn't be toppled because of how people feel. These statues were not put up yesterday. People are really missing an opportunity to teach and learn the basic morale: humans are flawed. Humans do very stupid things. America as a country did stupid, nonsensical, harmful things as a young country. But just like humans, we learn from those errors and we work on improving ourselves. The statues can serve as a reminder that America once owned slaves but through a vicious war, America learned that all men (and women) are created equal. America much like many of us, we've grown and learned through experience that what we may have done in our youth was moronic and harmful.

We have evidence that America has removed a lot of the systemic racism that existed: 13th, 14th and 15th amendments, removal of Jim Crow Laws, Brown v. Board of Education (segregation is illegal), Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Are we perfect? No, never will be and that is because we are human.
Good points. I don’t have a preference about the statues. I don’t feel the urge to remove them or save them. The only thing I can think of is that statues of men shouldn’t be built in the first place. All glory belongs to the one above.

Which one? Who's above? Above what?
jTJWk2jdTWqQwaZRIS_77uzoJHBztswSyI_-QUc3JVCWUInrskMFGQ8TwQDhL3sOYYOPRVO6sNvntahnRHaqEQHUigL30r8mEMM81BbzZb0_TUn0lOW_BR8ICPWMI82eqKe9MXf8c9twkTn9IktzIatn8u9sZqTOzjhXkrXMsqh-DpdJjNZVPin-LvIomDRzh_NcgXUJrs22WkU

Above the earth. If you have any serious questions about the Bible I’ll be glad to discuss them.

Reactions: Rocketsr
Crickets from the leftists who can't answer. LOL

Don't forgot Kimmel was on the The Man Show. He had women walk up to him on the street and told them to guess what was in his pants. It's ok because he's a liberal. Liberals get a free pass at everything and have a right to mock the conservatives at everything.

This thread shows it. The same people who mock Trump and everybody that supports him can't say those things about Kimmel.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Crickets from the leftists who can't answer. LOL

Don't forgot Kimmel was on the The Man Show. He had women walk up to him on the street and told them to guess what was in his pants. It's ok because he's a liberal. Liberals get a free pass at everything and have a right to mock the conservatives at everything.

This thread shows it. The same people who mock Trump and everybody that supports him can't say those things about Kimmel.

Are you that ****ing blind to your own shortcomings? You do the same thing all day long, almost every day, just from the other side. And I ain’t even sticking up for anyone on the left. It’s just the truth.

#blindhypocrite

Are you that ****ing blind to your own shortcomings? You do the same thing all day long, almost every day, just from the other side. And I ain’t even sticking up for anyone on the left. It’s just the truth.

#blindhypocrite

Fine. Since I do it all day long, almost every day, show me ten times where I have done that. Should be easy to find! I bet won't be able to answer.

I have admitted numerous times when I was wrong. I said I was way off with with my Coronavirus prediction. I don't care if I'm wrong. I even admitted when Trump was wrong and I even said I don't agree with everything he says.

#blindhypocrite

And when have you ever admitted you're wrong? We called you out on your bs that your son "worked" 80 hours a week in college and you just came up with excuses.

Fine. Since I do it all day long, almost every day, show me ten times where I have done that. Should be easy to find! I bet won't be able to answer.

I have admitted numerous times when I was wrong. I said I was way off with with my Coronavirus prediction. I don't care if I'm wrong. I even admitted when Trump was wrong and I even said I don't agree with everything he says.

I’m not talking about you being wrong. I’m talking about how you do exactly what you accuse “liberals” of doing, which according to you is “mock conservatives at everything“. Well lemme break it to ya, you do the exact same thing except roles reversed.

And I’m not going to waste my time looking shit up for you, however easy it would be to find. At least own it since you do it so blatantly. Anyway, I’ve hit my two post limit with you again, so the stage is all yours.

Reactions: develman
I’m not talking about you being wrong. I’m talking about how you do exactly what you accuse “liberals” of doing, which according to you is “mock conservatives at everything“. Well lemme break it to ya, you do the exact same thing except roles reversed.

And I’m not going to waste my time looking shit up for you, however easy it would be to find. At least own it since you do it so blatantly. Anyway, I’ve hit my two post limit with you again, so the stage is all yours.

I already knew you weren't going to answer because what you said is bs.

Typical leftist. Accuse somebody of doing something "all day, almost every day" and when asked for proof they say "I'm not going to waste my time looking shit up for you".

This is why the left is ridiculed so much. I knew he wasn't going to answer because leftists like to say things that aren't true and will never show proof.

An observation I have after reading many comments from Trump supporters on here. Everything they dislike about Liberals and the Left is exactly what Trump does.

Was white chicks racist??

I don’t think so, but I am a logical, rational person. White Chicks is comedy, as was Kimmel’s impression of Karl Malone and Oprah. “Racism” is funny, under certain context. If you’re a normal person. There are plenty of good racist jokes out there, the problem is that some people believe them and live a racist life.

I don’t think so, but I am a logical, rational person. White Chicks is comedy, as was Kimmel’s impression of Karl Malone and Oprah. “Racism” is funny, under certain context. If you’re a normal person. There are plenty of good racist jokes out there, the problem is that some people believe them and live a racist life.

Very true. I don't think Kimmel should be canceled, but it's a double standard if he's not canceled because if a Republican did that they would be canceled immediately.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
I don’t think so, but I am a logical, rational person. White Chicks is comedy, as was Kimmel’s impression of Karl Malone and Oprah. “Racism” is funny, under certain context. If you’re a normal person. There are plenty of good racist jokes out there, the problem is that some people believe them and live a racist .

I dont think Blackface is racist. Its acting and it's done buy everyone. If you gone stope someone you have to stop everyone from doing it. Dave Chappelle ,Jamie Fox and Eddie Murphy or I think it was arsenal hall have played a white person.

Very true. I don't think Kimmel should be canceled, but it's a double standard if he's not canceled because if a Republican did that they would be canceled immediately.

Exactly my point. If you did blackface in the 70s for Halloween and forced to resign your job, Kimmel should too. If blackface is not okay, neither is whiteface, brown face, or yellow face.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT