ADVERTISEMENT

OT:Koalas

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
If you havent heard the news big fire in Australia and its killing all the Koalas. Can they move them? Why cant Koals live like in Florida or somewhere in South America? People say it will hurt the eco system. That doesnt make sense. Who cares the koalas should be saved.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevor...tralia-bushfires-destroy-80-of-their-habitat/

Australia does have preservation programs for their domestic wild animals but they have a dark history towards their domestic wild animals that goes back to colonization much like American push west in the 19th century which labeled the wolf population a nuisance and should be eradicated in the name of farming and ranching agribusiness.....not enough people care, so the government gets involved and BOOM! "F the government!!" is born [repeat],

People assume the government will take care of the Koala population but they don't have enough dinero or resources and there they are, facing extinction.

(In all fairness to american farmers since I am married into a farming family, profit margins are extremely tight and basically non existent at all so the loss of just one livestock or destruction of farm land hurts the bottom line. Unlike the theft of TV's from the local dealer warehouse, you can't replace livestock that quickly).

If you havent heard the news big fire in Australia and its killing all the Koalas. Can they move them? Why cant Koals live like in Florida or somewhere in South America? People say it will hurt the eco system. That doesnt make sense. Who cares the koalas should be saved.
Ecosystems are sensitive. Cats and rabits have done a crazy amount of damage to Australia. Killer Bees didn't exist until two different types of Bees were imported to America and then they mated and created the Killer Bee. Feral Hogs in the U.S.

You can't take an animal from one part of the world and just put them somewhere else.

By the way, El Paso related, the army tried a camel program in El Paso, it didn't work, but that would have been really cool if it did.

You can't take an animal from one part of the world and just put them somewhere else.

By the way, El Paso related, the army tried a camel program in El Paso, it didn't work, but that would have been really cool if it did.
Well, New Mexico imported oryx near White Sands and they seem to have worked out. They're pretty stupid, though, and will run into your car and kill themselves, so be careful if you see them while driving.

Reactions: axingfools1
Well, New Mexico imported oryx near White Sands and they seem to have worked out. They're pretty stupid, though, and will run into your car and kill themselves, so be careful if you see them while driving.

On my last trip from EP to Cloudcroft, there were a few of us in my buddy’s van heading up about 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning. One of those oryx decided to dart out in front of us last second. F*%ked the front end up of the vehicle....radiator spewing. Thousands in damage. Another friend and I dragged the thing off the highway so nobody else hit it. Heavy fugger.

A highway patrolman eventually showed up. Tow truck driver shortly after him. Tow truck driver asks how long ago it had been hit. Told the cop “Ima take this van back to the yard, then come back an git this sombitch. It’s good eatin’”.

If I was tech savvy enough, I’d post the pics of both the oryx and demolished van. Beautiful animal, though.

A highway patrolman eventually showed up. Tow truck driver shortly after him. Tow truck driver asks how long ago it had been hit. Told the cop “Ima take this van back to the yard, then come back an git this sombitch. It’s good eatin’”.

[SMH]
source.gif

Ecosystems are sensitive. Cats and rabits have done a crazy amount of damage to Australia. Killer Bees didn't exist until two different types of Bees were imported to America and then they mated and created the Killer Bee. Feral Hogs in the U.S.

aren't rabbits everywhere? Cats also. They have a lot of offspring.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT