ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Locomotive to play

How are they able to sneak around the Governor’s orders of no more than 100 people?

This doesn’t answer how they’re able to advertise and sell tickets to the game.

The article only states ticket info will be available “shortly”. No different from all the colleges selling season tickets. Just a way to hold on to your money and promise tickets to games when/if things go back to normal. You would have to be missing brain cells to purchase tickets to this game in advance. If it’s really that important to a person, they should show up 1 hour before kickoff to buy tickets.

https://www.eplocomotivefc.com/news_article/show/1111775

Reactions: TXPrepMiner02
The article only states ticket info will be available “shortly”. No different from all the colleges selling season tickets. Just a way to hold on to your money and promise tickets to games when/if things go back to normal. You would have to be missing brain cells to purchase tickets to this game in advance. If it’s really that important to a person, they should show up 1 hour before kickoff to buy tickets.

https://www.eplocomotivefc.com/news_article/show/1111775
I think you’re underestimating the demand for live sporting events. I can easily see the 1800 tickets flying off the printer.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
I think you’re underestimating the demand for live sporting events. I can easily see the 1800 tickets flying off the printer.

I’m not underestimating the demand, I am just saying the ones buying tickets “soon” for July 11th are not being realistic. There’s no fvcking way they’re letting in ~3,000 people in the stadium 9 days from now.

And that’s why I asked how they’re planning to bypass the governors orders. This isn’t an event months into the future.

And that’s why I asked how they’re planning to bypass the governors orders. This isn’t an event months into the future.

I don’t think they have a foot to stand on. Cases keep increasing. If the state is saying Hooters can’t have 100 people here, not sure how you can justify 3,000ish people in a small soccer stadium. The big leagues in Europe are playing in front of ZERO in huge stadiums. Europe is a lot better off than the US right now, especially Texas.

Reactions: JCorona
I don’t think they have a foot to stand on. Cases keep increasing. If the state is saying Hooters can’t have 100 people here, not sure how you can justify 3,000ish people in a small soccer stadium. The big leagues in Europe are playing in front of ZERO in huge stadiums. Europe is a lot better off than the US right now, especially Texas.

I can agree that the uniformity of an executive order should be applied just as you mentioned: if a restaurant cannot have >=100 people, then all venues should run as such.

I will disagree in part with # of positive cases = bad. As the rates of testing increase, a byproduct of that is the number of positives will increase. Two key variables are what I keep an eye on with this set of data: avg. age of those reported cases and death rates.

If avg age of positives are in the 20s-30s, this in part can be a good thing. Younger folks have stronger immunities and a lower statistical probability of dying. However, protect nursing homes at all costs. Keep young folks away from parents and other family members who could be vulnerable. Then look at the death rate, which again nationally has decreased by 90% since the peak in April. That trend for the past 2 weeks has remained consistent with no spikes. Obviously, this can change but just purely looking at positive cases as an independent variable is inaccurate.

I can agree that the uniformity of an executive order should be applied just as you mentioned: if a restaurant cannot have >=100 people, then all venues should run as such.

I will disagree in part with # of positive cases = bad. As the rates of testing increase, a byproduct of that is the number of positives will increase. Two key variables are what I keep an eye on with this set of data: avg. age of those reported cases and death rates.

If avg age of positives are in the 20s-30s, this in part can be a good thing. Younger folks have stronger immunities and a lower statistical probability of dying. However, protect nursing homes at all costs. Keep young folks away from parents and other family members who could be vulnerable. Then look at the death rate, which again nationally has decreased by 90% since the peak in April. That trend for the past 2 weeks has remained consistent with no spikes. Obviously, this can change but just purely looking at positive cases as an independent variable is inaccurate.

I don’t disagree with what you’re saying, but good luck to the Locos trying to pull it off. Can’t limit the age of attendees and that’s even if the state doesn’t shit on the game before hand.

Definitely important variables to keep an eye on. Another important one is that as the testing has increased, so has the percentage of positive cases of those being tested. In May I think only 5-6% of those tested came up positive, whereas now we are above 11%. In my county we are up to 17%. There is definitely a huge uptick in cases, especially in TX, AZ, CA and Fla.

Is the game being televised or something? How does a minor league soccer team make money if they don't play before any fans?

Is the game being televised or something? How does a minor league soccer team make money if they don't play before any fans?

I have no idea as I am sure their TV deals don’t pay very much. Also, the team took out at least $1,000,000 in a PPP loan. And this team wants their own stadium. Lol

Reactions: FeralFelidae
The bold took out double maybe 5x times the Locomotive loan and they have a stadium. I fail to see the relationship between a ppp loan and a stadium.

Simple. Austin Bold’s stadium was privately financed by the owners. As far as I know, Locomotive were asking for city help. If you can’t pay your own staff, you have no business building a stadium, especially with taxpayer money.

Bold already have their stadium up and again, the city of Austin didn’t pay for it.

Simple. Austin Bold’s stadium was privately financed by the owners. As far as I know, Locomotive were asking for city help. If you can’t pay your own staff, you have no business building a stadium, especially with taxpayer money.

Bold already have their stadium up and again, the city of Austin didn’t pay for it.
So is the Locomotive stadium on the November ballot?

Nope and it won’t ever. They’re going to be playing at SUP for their lifetime. Doesn’t mean they don’t want their own. It’s just unrealistic now.
So then they're not asking the city for money to build a stadium. Maybe after they build the Juarez stadium they can fork over the 4-5 million needed for a SPS. They have the money.

So then they're not asking the city for money to build a stadium. Maybe after they build the Juarez stadium they can fork over the 4-5 million needed for a SPS. They have the money.

Please link an article where MountainStar stated they were going to 100% finance a soccer stadium themselves. They’ve always wanted help from the city. If they could do it on their own, they would already be building it.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Please link an article where MountainStar stated they were going to 100% finance a soccer stadium themselves. They’ve always wanted help from the city. If they could do it on their own, they would already be building it.
Please link an article where the the city stated the Locmotive will always play at SWUP. Mountain Star has other priorities. Like the Juarez stadium and build a roster worthy of competing for a Liga MX title. Building the Locomotive stadium isn't that important right now.

Please link an article where the the city stated the Locmotive will always play at SWUP. Mountain Star has other priorities. Like the Juarez stadium and build a roster worthy of competing for a Liga MX title. Building the Locomotive stadium isn't that important right now.

I didn’t say the city said they would, that’s my own personal opinion. You asked if it was going to be on the November ballot.

They will never build a stadium for the Locos, as they want help from the city, that they will never get, especially now.

Then it's my personal opinion that Mountain Star can independently finance a 5 million stadium. Do I hold it against them for testing the waters and seeing how the city felt? No. Awesome an article from four years ago! Way to keep us updated with the latest news and info.

Then it's my personal opinion that Mountain Star can independently finance a 5 million stadium. Do I hold it against them for testing the waters and seeing how the city felt? No. Awesome an article from four years ago! Way to keep us updated with the latest news and info.

Well keep me updated with a recent article that states MountainStar is willing to entirely finance it themselves.

The bold took out double maybe 5x times the Locomotive loan and they have a stadium. I fail to see the relationship between a ppp loan and a stadium.
Does Austin love soccer enough to support both a USL and an MLS team? (And build stadiums for both!)

Does Austin love soccer enough to support both a USL and an MLS team? (And build stadiums for both!)
Both will have state of the art stadiums for their league. No. Many Austinites do not support the bold. The reason is because Epstein decided to use his money and power to stop the MLS2ATX movement. He pissed off a lot of folks. The Bold will probably fold very soon.

With the Locos entering their third season, I remember reading somewhere that the USL mandated their expansion clubs needed to have their own soccer specific stadium within four years of admission into the league. Can someone confirm this? I don't see the Locos getting their own stadium any time soon. If this is the case, we could be seeing the Locos relocate within the next couple of years.

With the Locos entering their third season, I remember reading somewhere that the USL mandated their expansion clubs needed to have their own soccer specific stadium within four years of admission into the league. Can someone confirm this? I don't see the Locos getting their own stadium any time soon. If this is the case, we could be seeing the Locos relocate within the next couple of years.
Yes, that was something the USL “required” when the Locos joined. With COVID happening, I doubt they will hold to many teams to that for awhile.

Even before COVID, they weren’t close to even announcing a site for a stadium. It’s not happening anytime soon and I would bet not by 2030.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT