ADVERTISEMENT

OT: MBB Transfer Portal

Maybe he's enticed by their academics.

This is a scoop, though; I'll have to go post about it on the Northwestern board.
That’s not what Steve wrote though. He said “inspired by Bryson at Tech”. Wouldn’t you say he’s probably talking about their Top 25 ranking and NCAA appearance?

I was hoping Hardy could help bring Stevenson, but he committed to UIC. What are we missing?

Hardy is a good pick up and we might get the two top guards from Evansville which includes Newton. If Golding pulls that off than I'd say he did a great job rebuilding guard roster. Then it'll be time for some Bigs!

Minott would be a beast in CUSA. I'm sure he has got offers lined up, but Golding should be all over this kid. Offered by Rice and North Texas out of high school.

Who is paying the UTEP players!!!

It has been a very very very long time since we've won an NCAA game. Maybe this new era is just what we need to get back to the 80s.

All of the sudden Lubbock is now a destination for top transfers!?!? I guess that run to the finals has lifted them to elite college basketball status now. The days of Utep being competitive and even beating this dusty west texas/ lower panhandle team occasionally is now a distant memory! Tech can kiss my butt and Lubbock still sucks! I'm bitter, because I know they're in the BIg 12, but Lubbock is in the middle of no where just like El Paso and smaller. They also don't have a phenomenal basketball history besides an NCAA run here and there until recent years. Just reminds me of how far our once proud basketball program has fallen SMH! Hope Golding gets us back to the NCAA in the next 2 years at least... 😔

Last edited:
Damn and I thought I was the pessimist?
What exactly has changed? Since we won the ship only one other team that doesnt belong to a power conference has won the whole thing. The system has always been stacked against the little guys. The goal for us and everyone else in our place is to make the tournament and win a game or two. This new era doesn't change that.

Reactions: Rocketsr
What exactly has changed? Since we won the ship only one other team that doesnt belong to a power conference has won the whole thing. The system has always been stacked against the little guys. The goal for us and everyone else in our place is to make the tournament and win a game or two. This new era doesn't change that.
This new era may not change that outcome now but the richest conferences will keep morphing this until they are the only ones in the tournament and the only ones in the big bowls and playoffs. The access bowl opportunity will eventually go away. They aren't satisfied with having almost everything. They want absolutely everything. College athletics is evolving in that direction and I don't think it will take long.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT