ADVERTISEMENT

OT: MinerDigs Memories

TxRdKiller

MI Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 16, 2001
Thinking about SweetLou. He and I had become pretty good friends despite the distance. We'd call each other on occasion and spend all of our time talking about UTEP athletics.

Which then also makes me think of other old posters that I don't see around anymore. Or maybe have seen only one or two posts from them since I returned to digs last summer/fall(?). Anyway, hope my old friends are well.

Darren Hunt, where art thou old caretaker of this infamous dwelling?

Jeebie (Jeeber), Jobu, and sis, I miss you guys.

CPAndy, my hope is that we have not yet lost you as we have SweetLou.

liebestraum, I think I may have seen something from you over at Kyyote's place. Seems pretty dead over there.

Miner661, the man from the 505. Hope you're well.

MinersWon and your beautiful extended family. You guys are incredibly kind, generous, and also tremendous UTEP supporters. Had some seriously fun time around you guys.

I'll always love my good friend OLineProud. Trey's momma. Such a sweet lady. Worked her tail off to support our guys. I miss seeing her around though I don't expect to see her around here with Trey long since gone from UTEP.

Gibby. His arrival signaled -- for good or bad -- the coming of the new-age "angry young males" and the IYNWUYAU era. He and his compadre, what was his name, Centavo or something like that. They brought anger to the board and really antagonized our opponents. But Gibby was a huge UTEP fanboy. I hope they've both mellowed a bit since then.

I know I've missed plenty of other old posters. I hope they'll forgive my forgetfulness. I hope they all know I love and miss them all.

Go Miners. Let's find a way to rebuild this thing and bring some glory back to Glory Road.

Peace.

Last edited:
Thinking about SweetLou. He and I had become pretty good friends despite the distance. We'd call each other on occasion and spend all of our time talking about UTEP athletics.

Which then also makes me think of other old posters that I don't see around anymore. Or maybe have seen only one or two posts from them since I returned to digs last summer/fall(?). Anyway, hope my old friends are well.

Darren Hunt, where art thou old caretaker of this infamous dwelling?

Jeebie (Jeeber), Jobu, and sis, I miss you guys.

CPAndy, my hope is that we have not yet lost you as we have SweetLou.

liebestraum, I think I may have seen something from you over at Kyyote's place. Seems pretty dead over there.

Miner661, the man from the 505. Hope you're well.

MinersWon and your beautiful extended family. You guys are incredibly kind, generous, and also tremendous UTEP supporters. Had some seriously fun time around you guys.

I'll always love my good friend OLineProud. Trey's momma. Such a sweet lady. Worked her tail off to support our guys. I miss seeing her around though I don't expect to see her around here with Trey long since gone from UTEP.

Gibby. His arrival signaled -- for good or bad -- the coming of the new-age "angry young males" and the IYNWUYAU era. He and his compadre, what was his name, Centavo or something like that. They brought anger to the board and really antagonized our opponents. But Gibby was a huge UTEP fanboy. I hope they've both mellowed a bit since then.

I know I've missed plenty of other old posters. I hope they'll forgive my forgetfulness. I hope they all know I love and miss them all.

Go Miners. Let's find a way to rebuild this thing and bring some glory back to Glory Road.

Peace.
FRONT CHI. Soldier at Fort Bliss. Last I heard from him was some email correspondence he and I had over real estate a few years back, then he was gone.

Won provided some damn good videos.You can still find them on youtube.

Gibby was classic SEC fan: Hardcore, unapologetic, in your face, and was at the 50 yard line with UTEP/Texas flag waving proudly. DH was constantly, "easy big fella. take it easy!" LOL! He was a computer science major I think is what he stated. UTEP engineers land good jobs typically.

nineteen was very active at The Den and had popcorn and pop watching fights on there with "Trooper". Nineteen gave up and left I think.

FRONT CHI. Soldier at Fort Bliss. Last I heard from him was some email correspondence he and I had over real estate a few years back, then he was gone.

Won provided some damn good videos.You can still find them on youtube.

Gibby was classic SEC fan: Hardcore, unapologetic, in your face, and was at the 50 yard line with UTEP/Texas flag waving proudly. DH was constantly, "easy big fella. take it easy!" LOL! He was a computer science major I think is what he stated. UTEP engineers land good jobs typically.

nineteen was very active at The Den and had popcorn and pop watching fights on there with "Trooper". Nineteen gave up and left I think.

Front Chi. LOL. Still one of my favorite digger names.

I'm curious now also about how many diggers have changed their name from whatever it was originally. 2Step, you had a different name. Front Chi started with a different name. NineteenRabbit started as EighteenRabbit. CPAndy, liebestraum, OLineProud ("Warrior", I think?), they all had different names originally.

It's been a fun ride since the 90s when this place started as part of Rivals, went to Alliance Sports (?) and back to Rivals. I don't even know when the name changed from MinerDigs to Miner Illustrated. It will always be MinerDigs to me.

I think throughout the years many of us have had to switch names at least once. It's been a it's been a long time Killer but I met you once 20 years ago at the Humanitarian Bowl. I think to this day you're a legend with Bronco fans.

I think throughout the years many of us have had to switch names at least once. It's been a it's been a long time Killer but I met you once 20 years ago at the Humanitarian Bowl. I think to this day you're a legend with Bronco fans.

They were a fun bunch back in the day. That was a very, very fun trip. I'm glad to know we've met. It has indeed been a long time and maybe one day many of us will reconnect enjoying a fantastic Miners football or basketball post-season.

Interesting you post about Miner Memories on this day: the 54th anniversary date of a memorable Miner & national event.

https://theathletic.com/1685154/202...eats-kentucky-and-changes-college-basketball/

Raise a shot glass, snifter, pint or caguama to the Miners of 1966,
Yes sir!! Having a few "social distancing" beers by myself in my back yard and raising a can to them.

Down years right now for UTEP. It will not last forever. "Don't stop runnin'". Here's for you all and our past diggerz!

Boy, I'm showing my age. Lol

I started on this board back in the late 90s. I was stanman505 and forgot my password so changed it to stanman915. The biggest meltdown the board has ever seen was the day BCG left for A&M.

That was quite a meltdown. To this day all Miner fans remember the name Bill Byrne. The hated was real. The infamous Kiki's meeting. The week long flame war with Aggie fans. I agree there's never been a meltdown quite like that.

kyyotes den is alive but subdued in these dark days of UTEP sports. Lieb does post occasionally. Rabbit was a hoot, hope he is OK.

personally, i was suspended here years ago with no explanation. I have lurked here but not posted ever since.

this is a good site for info, some of the posters contribute much of value. Of course there are the trolls and those who insist on feeding them which is annoying even to a lurker.

kyyotes den is alive but subdued in these dark days of UTEP sports. Lieb does post occasionally. Rabbit was a hoot, hope he is OK.

personally, i was suspended here years ago with no explanation. I have lurked here but not posted ever since.

this is a good site for info, some of the posters contribute much of value. Of course there are the trolls and those who insist on feeding them which is annoying even to a lurker.

Hey, another long-timer here at digs. Good to see you, Sisyphus. It seems we're always trying to push that boulder up that mountain and getting nowhere, doesn't it?

I think you're referring to me. I did not know how to contain my emotions to something I hold dear. If it was me, please accept my apologies.

I started on this board back in the late 90s. I was stanman505 and forgot my password so changed it to stanman915. The biggest meltdown the board has ever seen was the day BCG left for A&M.
Anyone have a link to that thread? Would make for a nice quarantine read. I remember those days but had no idea of the interest message boards back then.

Anyone have a link to that thread? Would make for a nice quarantine read. I remember those days but had no idea of the interest message boards back then.

You can only access messages from 2/2015 on here. Someone would have had to saved it and published on another website and host them there.

Reactions: JCorona

It was indeed the biggest meltdown on Digs, and also its most shameful incident. It started when an aTm fan came over right after Gillispie left to ask questions about their new coach. While there was nothing wrong with the question and how it was asked, some posters on here, smarting from Gillispie's exit, responded with anger. By the time it was over, you had aTm fans on here posting horribly racist remarks, and MinerDigs posters making fun of an incident where several Aggie students were killed during a bonfire party. No one who participated in those discussions walked away looking good.

It was indeed the biggest meltdown on Digs, and also its most shameful incident. It started when an aTm fan came over right after Gillispie left to ask questions about their new coach. While there was nothing wrong with the question and how it was asked, some posters on here, smarting from Gillispie's exit, responded with anger. By the time it was over, you had aTm fans on here posting horribly racist remarks, and MinerDigs posters making fun of an incident where several Aggie students were killed during a bonfire party. No one who participated in those discussions walked away looking good.
Haha my brain didn’t compute Aggies with A&M. I thought nmsu fans were the ones trolling.

I don’t remember that stuff. However, the fan base was extremely upset. We knew what we had and it sucked seeing him leave. I don’t blame him for leaving. If he would have stayed here, he would still be the coach and we wouldn’t be in dumpy CUSA right now.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Been on this board since 03. Loved seeing all Won's highlights. Recruiting and "airport" sightings were always fun to look at.

Reactions: Lil_Train

Haha I remember that day...atm peeps crashed this board and we protected UTEPs honor and our culture as well. A lot of old posters have been mentioned in this thread that I’ve never met personally but have had the pleasure of reading their posts. Thanks for that atm memory

That was a dark day on Digs, and one none of us is proud of. But, we had some good times on Digs too!
Thanks for the shout-out, TxRdKiller. Hope you are well too, amigo.
Like Sisyphus, I am pretty much just a lurker these days. I still enjoy reading about UTEP sports and the goings on at the DHC and Sun Bowl. Fortunately, there are still really knowledgeable and insightful posters on the board, and they help provide this distanced Miners fan with updated info. So, that's what I do.
I grew tired of posting my thoughts and opinions on one subject or another, just to always have it contradicted and questioned ad nauseum, all for the sake of engaging in a meaningless argument. Unfortunately, that too still takes place.

I grew tired of posting my thoughts and opinions on one subject or another, just to always have it contradicted and questioned ad nauseum, all for the sake of engaging in a meaningless argument. Unfortunately, that too still takes place.

So you just want everybody to agree with you? What you described above is a function of a message board. If we all agreed with each other the world would be a boring place.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
All of El Paso was stunned. It wasn't so much his departure but he left UTEPBB for A&M.

When Teicher was stating after UTEP v Maryland (I believe) game that he asked then assistant Sadler if Billy was talking with TAMU he said Sadler gave a shoulder "I dunno" shrug.

I literally got sick to my stomach. Aggies?!! Nooooooo...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT