ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Next Big Thing for El Paso?

What will be El Paso's next big thing to come?

• State of the Art Aquarium

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Great Wolf Lodge / Other form of new waterpark

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • New Amusement Park

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • New Pro Team (pending Arena resolve)

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • IKEA / Other Large Retailer

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Other (fill in blank)

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters
MaCallister’s Deli is pretty good. Opening up in a fast developing Eastlake area (near Amazon fulfillment). Do a lot of real estate work in the area. Looking forward to it opening up.

Big box Stores and pro sports aside, El Paso is becoming quiet the “Foodie” place.

It's not nearly as far fetched or nonsensical as bringing back Magic Landing. Don't compare the 2, or him and I. You've started to do a little better, with actual researched information and valid points, don't fall back into troll status bruh. It was well documented that The Hunt Group tried to get an MLS team and still hold out hopes of it in the future. Where as re opening Magic Landing is pure non sense with no basis. I'm not sure if you understand math or percentages, but I clearly stated I'm 85% sure it'll never happen! It is not however based on an outlandish or unwarranted basis as it's been talked about with people who have alot more money than you or I. That's all I say about this, moving on!

I’m not comparing MLS to Magic Landing. Magic Landing is an impossible “idea”. MLS to EP is almost impossible, not your “85% chance of not happening”. It’s more like 99.999% chance of not happening.

Do you watch MLS? Can you name any players without looking it up?

Next BIG thing? Downtown 10 redevelopment if it picks up again. https://www.reimaginei10.com/corridorstudy.html

I'm a 100% in favor of the deck park idea. Making I10 downtown a tunnel with a park sitting on top of it. They have one of these in Dallas.

I dont get why the consultant said I 10 through El Paso should be a Toll Road. Thats a bad idea.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
I have 1st hand knowledge that the hunt group has stayed in close contact with MLS since attempting a bid some years back. Now the MLS may be just blowing smoke up their you know what's, but they like the ownership group alot and what they've done with the Locomotive. You don't know everything man and you sure as Hell don't have any inside info with anybody reputable in the city of EP. I know more going on then you and I don't even live there anymore! I put 15%, because I don't believe it'll ever happen. However some within the Hunt group do. So call them all fools too.

I have 1st hand knowledge that the Hunt group has not stayed in close contact with MLS.

Last edited:
It's not nearly as far fetched or nonsensical as bringing back Magic Landing. Don't compare the 2, or him and I. You've started to do a little better, with actual researched information and valid points, don't fall back into troll status bruh. It was well documented that The Hunt Group tried to get an MLS team and still hold out hopes of it in the future. Where as re opening Magic Landing is pure non sense with no basis. I'm not sure if you understand math or percentages, but I clearly stated I'm 85% sure it'll never happen! It is not however based on an outlandish or unwarranted basis as it's been talked about with people who have alot more money than you or I. That's all I say about this, moving on!
I gotta agree with Nowins on this one. There are bigger cities vying for MLS teams as well as many cities with teams in the 2nd division building arenas. Aside from a desire to bring an MLS team to El Paso, I don’t think the city has any tangible asset to justify a team. UNLESS this ownership group is going to outbid everyone with cash I don’t see this happening.

I gotta agree with Nowins on this one. There are bigger cities vying for MLS teams as well as many cities with teams in the 2nd division building arenas. Aside from a desire to bring an MLS team to El Paso, I don’t think the city has any tangible asset to justify a team. UNLESS this ownership group is going to outbid everyone with cash I don’t see this happening.
I 85% agree with you that it won't happen in the next 10 years as I stated. If I would've said 50% it'd be different. I just don't agree that it's 0% like some.

• Haha
Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
I guess me saying I have a 15% chance to date a supermodel is the same thing as the MLS coming to El Paso. :D

I give myself a 27% chance to date a C- level supermodel. But then, at C- maybe she's not quite a "super" model. Maybe I'll change that to a C+ or B- supermodel. Or increase my odds to 34.75% to date a D- supermodel.

Of course, once my wife finds out about my quest for a D- supermodel she'll make it easier by dumping my dumb ass. I have 100% chance of that happening if she finds out.

I give myself a 27% chance to date a C- level supermodel. But then, at C- maybe she's not quite a "super" model. Maybe I'll change that to a C+ or B- supermodel. Or increase my odds to 34.75% to date a D- supermodel.

Of course, once my wife finds out about my quest for a D- supermodel she'll make it easier by dumping my dumb ass. I have 100% chance of that happening if she finds out.

Classic.

This post is an A++

Downtown portion of I-10 is the most congested portion of El Paso’s interstate freeway and one of the most congested roadways in Texas. This is not news to the thousands of El Pasoans that regularly drive on I-10 and get stuck in traffic because the freeway constricts to only six lanes in the Downtown area which causes bottlenecking.

If the status quo endures, TxDOT projects that within just 20 years this bottlenecking will cause peak time average traffic speeds be 17 mph in the core of I-10.”
https://elpasomatters.org/2022/03/23/opinion-improving-i-10-downtown-is-key-to-el-pasos-advancement/

Now leaving from my El Paso trip.
Leaving a little disappointed, went to go see Cabelas and Dave and Buster's. 😡😡😡 Why is El Paso getting the smaller versions of these places??? I thought they would be the big regular size establishments. Well at least Top Gold is regular size. How is El Paso suppose to grow when these establishments arent bringing their regular size stores???

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Leaving a little disappointed, went to go see Cabelas and Dave and Buster's. 😡😡😡 Why is El Paso getting the smaller versions of these places??? I thought they would be the big regular size establishments. Well at least Top Gold is regular size. How is El Paso suppose to grow when these establishments arent bringing their regular size stores???
I'm guessing you have fat fingers and mean top golf .
El Paso isn't phoenix. We don't need HUGE locations. You would bitch if we had larger places yet they were'nt full at 7 am....(See showtyme posts)
You sure do bag on us a lot...just stay in cali.....(I know where you live)

El Paso isn't phoenix. We don't need HUGE locations. You would bitch if we had larger places yet they were'nt full at 7 am....(See showtyme posts)

I dont live in Cali. I was born and raised in El Paso. I guess the Great Wolf lodge would be a smaller version??

Fact of the matter is EP gets the same size versions as similar size markets like Tucson, Albuquerque, Fresno, Colorado Springs etc... Locals and Natives may not like it, but it's the reality of the market size. It's obviously skewed, because the MX market isn't included. However it is as we all know very much part of the metro are especially since families from south of the border spend their food and entertainment dollars in EP. It just is what it is. UTEP is a Mid Major City.

Last edited:
Reactions: denverutep

Supposedly he is a guy in his 40's who lives in Phoenix, but for all we know he has been trolling us about everything this entire time.

I think Fili is a guy who is not too bright or a troll out for attention.

Location and traffic (feet and vehicles). Cabela's went through business changes and at times they didn't even know if they were coming or going, and I mean literally at times.

Dave and Buster's was supposed to be much bigger. Story told to me was that the owners were ready and eager to open in El Paso. They picked the site they wanted; the location of where "El Super" market is located. (10510 Gateway Blvd W) and were ready to discuss terms.

The owners of El Super Market were more interested; "We'll take it!!". They came and plunked the cash down right there on the spot.

Bassett Center said to D&B's "Come on down!"

Supposedly he is a guy in his 40's who lives in Phoenix, but for all we know he has been trolling us about everything this entire time.

I think Fili is a guy who is not too bright or a troll out for attention.
Oh I know he lives in Az. (probably more like Tucson even though he claims Phoenix) My "joke" was a reference he thinks more like a cali boy.

• Haha
Location and traffic (feet and vehicles). Cabela's went through business changes and at times they didn't even know if they were coming or going, and I mean literally at times.

Dave and Buster's was supposed to be much bigger. Story told to me was that the owners were ready and eager to open in El Paso. They picked the site they wanted; the location of where "El Super" market is located. (10510 Gateway Blvd W) and were ready to discuss terms.

The owners of El Super Market were more interested; "We'll take it!!". They came and plunked the cash down right there on the spot.

Bassett Center said to D&B's "Come on down!"
I knew it was politics. These guys here trying to say otherwise. The Dave and Buster's in El Paso is just like another Peter Piper.

I knew it was politics. These guys here trying to say otherwise. The Dave and Buster's in El Paso is just like another Peter Piper.
It wasn't politics. The I-10 corridor from Geronimo to Eastlake is big bucks. Motel/Hotel were jockeying, and still do, for some of that real estate.

Now with TxDot plan to redo I-10 from downtown to the state line look for commercial along the route to grow.https://kvia.com/top-stories/2022/0...terstate-10-along-west-el-paso-to-state-line/

El Paso mentality needs to change from the constant cynicism from "eh, won't happen here" to "let's do this" because it really does hurt the city. While most people have the Barney Fife attitude, there are people who are transforming the city and I'm not just talking about people with the last name of "Foster".

Reactions: Vegasminer
I felt like I was in a Peter piper.

I think the Chuckee cheese on the westside is bigger ?
The fact that there's a full bar, full restaurant, pool tables, and games for both children and Adults separates it. The food isn't great, but it's a good date spot for teenagers or adults a like. Overall it's a fun place. Your comparisons to Peter Piper and chuckee cheese are completely invalid as they are not the same! Size wise it's similar to the ones in Albuquerque, Fresno, Tucson and other cities of El Paso's size.

The fact that there's a full bar, full restaurant, pool tables, and games for both children and Adults separates it. The food isn't great, but it's a good date spot for teenagers or adults a like. Overall it's a fun place. Your comparisons to Peter Piper and chuckee cheese are completely invalid as they are not the same! Size wise it's similar to the ones in Albuquerque, Fresno, Tucson and other cities of El Paso's size.
But is it the "Next Big Thing"? I say no.

Still waiting on the children's museum.

A nice aquarium or a real natural history museum would be nice too (or both).

Still waiting on the children's museum.

A nice aquarium or a real natural history museum would be nice too (or both).
There is video out there that show the change of the Rio Grande Valley in El Paso over the epochs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT