ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Next Big Thing for El Paso?

What will be El Paso's next big thing to come?

• State of the Art Aquarium

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Great Wolf Lodge / Other form of new waterpark

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • New Amusement Park

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • New Pro Team (pending Arena resolve)

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • IKEA / Other Large Retailer

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Other (fill in blank)

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters
I don’t think he said anything against Las Cruces , just that a restaurant is no big deal. Unless you work there.

Reactions: nattybry
What do you have against Las Cruces?

There are a lot of great restaurants in Las Cruces/Mesilla. Have you ever been to La Posta? There is a reason that place is always busy.
What are you talking about? It's nothing against our little sister city to the north. It's simply that a restaurant that's also being built in a city of 120,000 is not "The Next Big Thing" lol 😅

Reactions: Cube Jack
What are you talking about? It's nothing against our little sister city to the north. It's simply that a restaurant that's also being built in a city of 120,000 is not "The Next Big Thing" lol 😅
And there's already one in Odessa, so...woof...

Of course it can. There are a number of great restaurants only in Las Cruces. Are you saying only big cities can have great things?

You certainly care since you are still commenting on a thread you supposedly don't care about.
Denver are you serious rn lol. Obviously and clearly I'm saying that if they have these crappy chain restaurants in places like LC and Odessa then I don't care that they're coming to El Paso and it's no Big Deal. I said nothing about the thread. You can't possibly be that dumb that you misunderstood that. Stop being a troll or just dumb as a box of rocks!

Denver are you serious rn lol. Obviously and clearly I'm saying that if they have these crappy chain restaurants in places like LC and Odessa then I don't care that they're coming to El Paso and it's no Big Deal. I said nothing about the thread. You can't possibly be that dumb that you misunderstood that. Stop being a troll or just dumb as a box of rocks!

There is a Cheesecake Factory in Lubbock. According to you, it wouldn't be a big deal if El Paso got a Cheesecake Factory.

There is a Cheesecake Factory in Lubbock. According to you, it wouldn't be a big deal if El Paso got a Cheesecake Factory.
Not anymore, the buzz has worm off with them. They obviously hate El Paso and hate money or someone on their marketing team is just looking at owe Capita and not the Big Picture. A cheesecake factory in EP would do bigger numbers than Tucson, Albuquerque and Lubbock. I don't even go to cheesecake and I love next to one. I'd rather a franchise that appreciate's El Paso maybe some Papa's franchises or Maggianos, Carrabba's, Bonefish Grill, Yard house, longhorn, etc .. Even then a new restaurant I don't think is what this thread was started. We were talking about Arena, Sports teams, Aquarium, Museum's, etc...

• Haha
Reactions: denverutep
Not anymore, the buzz has worm off with them. They obviously hate El Paso and hate money or someone on their marketing team is just looking at owe Capita and not the Big Picture. A cheesecake factory in EP would do bigger numbers than Tucson, Albuquerque and Lubbock. I don't even go to cheesecake and I love next to one. I'd rather a franchise that appreciate's El Paso maybe some Papa's franchises or Maggianos, Carrabba's, Bonefish Grill, Yard house, longhorn, etc .. Even then a new restaurant I don't think is what this thread was started. We were talking about Arena, Sports teams, Aquarium, Museum's, etc...

Well you're wrong. It would be a big thing if El Paso got a Cheesecake Factory.

I wasn't arguing and I'm not here to convince anybody about anything. If you don't think that it wouldn't be a big deal if El Paso got a Cheesecake Factory, then that's perfectly fine.

No way, man. Their menu is too big and they excel at execution. They take up so much space that all the people don’t fit so they make people wait forever. Just tell people to go to Chicos. The wait isn’t as long.

• Haha
Reactions: denverutep
No way, man. Their menu is too big and they excel at execution. They take up so much space that all the people don’t fit so they make people wait forever. Just tell people to go to Chicos. The wait isn’t as long.

Love the sarcasm!

As far as Chico's, I used to enjoy going there. They are now vastly overpriced and the quality has gone way downhill over the past number of years.

The arena needs to be put back to a vote so it can hold sporting events like basketball, hockey, boxing, MMA, etc. Otherwise it will be a waste and not sustain. The longer we wait to build the size we want, the more it will cost.

Other than MLS , I can't imagine El Paso sustaining another pro sport or pro stadium/arena.

El Paso is not a vacation destination, but we could have a much better amusement park. I think wet n wild is just fine for a water park. Maybe continue to add on and make an actual parking lot.

Children's museum is coming. A museum of natural history like Albuquerque and Denver would be awesome too.

Top Golf is doing great. Our local golf courses are sputtering.

I would like a Cheesecake factory. Im not sure why we don't have one. Food is top dog in EP.

I think drag strip that could handle and host NHRA events would be cool.

Some other small things I would like are an indoor shooting range and better places to mountain bike on the eastside. How about some zip lines up on the mountain too.
Indoor shooting range? There are several of those. Zip Lines are a good idea. Then again we had a great Tramway and it couldn’t even stay open.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Indoor shooting range? There are several of those. Zip Lines are a good idea. Then again we had a great Tramway and it couldn’t even stay open.

I thought the Tramway closed because there were maintenance issues or something. I don’t remember it being lack of use.

Reactions: MistaBinks
Kalahari Resorts are Awesome 👍 Would rather see that in El Paso than Great Wolf Lodge that pulled out and is trying to be asked to reconsider and build one on the far east side. It appears everything has been going west, so it'd be good for a Big project on the east side.

Kalahari Resorts are Awesome 👍 Would rather see that in El Paso than Great Wolf Lodge that pulled out and is trying to be asked to reconsider and build one on the far east side. It appears everything has been going west, so it'd be good for a Big project on the east side.
I wish the northeast would get more attention as the east and west sides get everything. Northeast is growing too, more development planned near Bowen Ranch.

I thought the Tramway closed because there were maintenance issues or something. I don’t remember it being lack of use.
Why is the Tramway closed?
Texas Parks and Wildlife Department has operated the tram for the past 19 years. TPWD suspended tram operations after an engineering analysis. Despite passing annual inspections, the analysis concluded that the tram had exceeded its life expectancy and was no longer suited for public use. Out of an abundance of caution, TPWD closed the tramway.

When will the Tramway open again?
The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department is performing a feasibility study to determine the future of the Wyler Aerial Tramway.

Northeast voters turn down bond issues to enhance the area but are getting investments anyways. It's kind of a running joke amongst El Pasoans. The NE voters turn down everything while the rest of city votes yes and yet they end up winners of the bond votes anyways.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT