ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NFL Thread

minermx07

MI Regular
Sep 6, 2009
I figured this would be a good ongoing thread. The football has been fun. The Patriots and Seahawks game was great of course.

My early Super Bowl pick is Chiefs v. Packers.

It's insane how strong the NFC West is. The 49ers are the defending NFC champs and they're probably the worst team in the division.

I'm not a believer in the Packers.I think they'll falter.

My early super bowl pick is Seattle and Buffalo.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Suc
It's insane how strong the NFC West is. The 49ers are the defending NFC champs and they're probably the worst team in the division.

I'm not a believer in the Packers.I think they'll falter.

My early super bowl pick is Seattle and Buffalo.
Seattle is looking pretty tough if they can stay healthy on D. I was impressed with NE as well.

I think the Packers are sitting pretty since their D has improved.

Cowboys rely way too much on their offense. They can't go too far with all their injuries.

With little practice, and lack of contact, adding in no preseason games, this season is going to come down to who remains healthy.

The teams you are looking at now, are going to look much different later in the season. It is going to come down to depth and the teams that can remain healthy.

Anyone of the teams mentioned above are one injury away from being an average team, especially offensively.

Cowboys have a piss poor defense, so losing players there is not going to matter. Offensively, the Cowboys have more depth at receiver and QB than most other teams, not at RB. GB loses Rogers and the team is done. Same with Seattle if Wilson goes down.

You may not have the best 2 teams in the Super Bowl this year. It all will come down to who is the healthiest.

Big Denver fan, but this season looks loss. To many starters out. Fangio doesn’t seem to have any magic to pull out close games.

The NFC East once again looking awful and the Cowboys might make the playoffs despite being 8th best or so team in the Conference. I guess that’s good news for Cowboys fans.

The NFC East once again looking awful and the Cowboys might make the playoffs despite being 8th best or so team in the Conference. I guess that’s good news for Cowboys fans.
It depends on which Cowboy fans you want to address:

The ones that are happy they have no divisional playoff wins since 1996, but are satisfied with winning the division and maybe a wild card game here and there, or the Cowboy fans that are fed up with the crap Jerry keeps giving them that they are a year away and that they are Superbowl contenders.

If I told you that the Cowboys had not won a divisional playoff game since 1996, and that the GM had not been fired, you would think that was crazy. He is the common denominator. He will use this year of 8-9 wins in a horrible division, to say that it was a success because they won the division and maybe a wild card again, but fail to win a divisional playoff game. His quote will be that they are one year away........Again.

I just don't see how anyone can be happy about this year after year except Jerry Jones.

49er fan here. We lost everybody! I wouldn’t be surprised if the mascot tore his ACL too! Team plane got hit on takeoff as they left NYC today too!
Feel your pain, bronco fan, hoping for a playoff game. But they will probably be watching from the rehab station

Reactions: FarWestTexas
It seems like The NBA and NHL got it right having their teams in a bubble. I wonder if The NFL would adopt a similar model if they’re forced to postpone more games.

The Cowboys defense is terrible and I think it’s everything. Scheme and players. At this point I think the Cowboys should give up trying to play real defense and just play prevent all game and count field goal tries as wins. And the next draft has to be all defense and O-Line.

The Cowboys defense is terrible and I think it’s everything. Scheme and players. At this point I think the Cowboys should give up trying to play real defense and just play prevent all game and count field goal tries as wins. And the next draft has to be all defense and O-Line.
And ask Kris Richards back to run the defense

Reactions: Rocketsr
Put them all in California. Fly them to the the stadiums day before the game. There should be enough stadium’s between the pro stadiums and the college campuses. They can play two games in each stadium. One in the morning, one late. They have the money for private planes and pay the colleges.
I doubt if the players would agree to be away for that length of time. They could play 4games and then get a week off. NFL should have presented that in June or July.

Reactions: Rocketsr
Put them all in California. Fly them to the the stadiums day before the game. There should be enough stadium’s between the pro stadiums and the college campuses. They can play two games in each stadium. One in the morning, one late. They have the money for private planes and pay the colleges.
I doubt if the players would agree to be away for that length of time. They could play 4games and then get a week off. NFL should have presented that in June or July.

Doesn't the Players have to pay income taxes to the state they play in? That's one reason why the bubble for NBA is in Florida and MLB is Texas.

Dallas would be an option. You have AT&T two blocks away from the 2 baseball stadiums. The old Rangers Field is already converted and hosted XFL. You also have the Cowboys Training Facilities.

You also have TCU's stadium, The Cotton Bowl, SMU's Stadium, Toyota (FC Dallas) and UNT.

Plus at least one beautiful Stadium available for each team to practice.

And in Texas, fans can attend games.

Doesn't the Players have to pay income taxes to the state they play in? That's one reason why the bubble for NBA is in Florida and MLB is Texas.

Dallas would be an option. You have AT&T two blocks away from the 2 baseball stadiums. The old Rangers Field is already converted and hosted XFL. You also have the Cowboys Training Facilities.

You also have TCU's stadium, The Cotton Bowl, SMU's Stadium, Toyota (FC Dallas) and UNT.

Plus at least one beautiful Stadium available for each team to practice.

And in Texas, fans can attend games.
I think you pay resident income tax in the state where you live.

Good idea on playing in Texas, but there is no way the NFL can do anything as remotely successful as the NBA regarding a bubble.

I think you pay resident income tax in the state where you live.

Good idea on playing in Texas, but there is no way the NFL can do anything as remotely successful as the NBA regarding a bubble.

Some people call it the 'jock tax.' Athletes pay taxes in almost every state they play in and even Canada. Athletes often file 10 to 20 tax returns depending on the sport.

Reactions: axingfools1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT