ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NFL Thread

The NFL players can go fly kite on that. NFLPA demands that turfs are in great shape and playable shape?!! There are people in meat plants all over risking covid so we can have our T bones and ribs during this pandemic. Medical staff are exhausted, cops have a bullseye on their back "Damned if they do, damned if they don't", grandparents are locked in the homes and can't see their legacy, workers can't pay rent or behind on mortgages or loans because no one will lock down for two weeks and covid spreads.......but hey! Let fix those NFL turfs because it's of national importance!

[SMH]

Reactions: Rocketsr
Roger Goodell, kill the season. Just do it. If they are biatching about grass right now, they don't deserve their pay. Let them go work in construction.

Reactions: Rocketsr
I’ve been reading about long term Covid effects. Permanent lung damage. I love football, but I don’t know.

Reactions: develman
I hope the Cowboys make the playoffs with a losing record and the Suckaneers miss the playoffs with a winning record.

Or maybe, even better, the Cowboys make the playoffs with a losing record by winning the NFC East and then get to host the Suckaneers in the wildcard game. (I had to double-check that Tampa Bay is actually in the NFC and not the AFC. They're such an afterthought that I legitimately couldn't remember.)

Last edited:
I hope the Cowboys make the playoffs with a losing record and the Suckaneers miss the playoffs with a winning record.

Or maybe, even better, the Cowboys make the playoffs with a losing record by winning the NFC East and then get to host the Suckaneers in the wildcard game. (I had to double-check that Tampa Bay is actually in the NFC and not the AFC. They're such an afterthought that I legitimately couldn't remember.)
I would love to see the Boys make the playoffs with a losing record and actually win a playoff game or two and still have a losing record.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
I would love to see the Boys make the playoffs with a losing record and actually win a playoff game or two and still have a losing record.
Yes, that way Jerry can continue to screw up the team for years to come. Sounds like a great plan.

And I know you said one or two. You do know not since 1996, have we won more than one? Have not won a divisional playoff game. I hate to say it, but this is the thinking that Jerry loves, because it keeps you thinking that next year is the year.

And Tampa Bay would crush our defense because anyone can throw deep on us, even Brady. He would have a field day. Brown #30, can't cover anybody as there is at least 5 yards separation on anything thrown his way. And they would pick us apart on the short passes.

I am sorry to bash so much on the Cowboys, but Jerry needs to go, and this is frustrating over and over. I would also love to see the Cowboys win more than one playoff game, but not at the detriment of a long term goal, and the only way that is done is to re-build now. Making the playoffs is a possibility, but it is not a great feat with a losing record. I don't want Jerry using it as if they were greatly successful.

I’m not as emotionally invested in the team as you are. Short of sounding like a delusional fan I just think the press would be hilarious for a team with a losing record in the conference championship. Probably won’t happen but since it’s 2020 and it’s still mathematically possible why not day dream about it?
I hate to be an ahole but Dallas ain’t building or rebuilding anything championship worthy until after Jerry has passed on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT