ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NIL Deals

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010

Texas RB Bijan Robinson Lands Lamborghini NIL Deal​

BYU football​

NIL deal: $136,000 … plus tuitions​

This is an example of a university’s athletic program thinking outside the box. In a deal with Built Bar, all 136 Brigham Young football players — that’s scholarship players AND walk-ons — can earn up to $1,000 as brand ambassadors.
Oh, and the deal also pays for the tuition for all walk-ons.

Texas offensive linemen​

NIL deal: $800,000

A non-profit entity will give $50,000 to each of 16 Texas offensive linemen on scholarship, with the twist being that the players must use the funds to support charitable causes.

Unnamed college football recruit from Class of 2023​

NIL deal: $8 million

Yes, you read that right. An unnamed high school college football player has signed a deal that could pay him up to $8 million, The Athletic reported March 12. The contract reportedly will pay $350,000 right away, with escalating payments that will total $2 million per year.
The deal is the largest NIL deal ever signed by a non-professional athlete, The Athletic reported, citing two unnamed experts.

Reactions: axingfools1

Anthony Hamilton Jr., Chicago State​

NIL deal: $400,000
The Chicago State guard has signed deals with 11 brands, including fantasy sports app Sleeper, energy drink Reign Total Body Fuel and black singles dating app BLK.
Hamilton has more than 300,000 TikTok followers and 124,000 Instagram followers.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

and you guys made fun of me about Mario, this guy has 124k followers.

Reactions: kickballpro

Hanna and Haley Cavinder, Fresno State​

NIL deal: $1 million
The twins are not major college basketball stars, but they have 4 million followers on TikTok and have signed deals with Boost Mobile and Six Star Pro Nutrition. Plus, they are part of the WWE “Next in Line” program that trains college athletes to become future WWE stars.

Texas RB Bijan Robinson Lands Lamborghini NIL Deal​

BYU football​

NIL deal: $136,000 … plus tuitions​

This is an example of a university’s athletic program thinking outside the box. In a deal with Built Bar, all 136 Brigham Young football players — that’s scholarship players AND walk-ons — can earn up to $1,000 as brand ambassadors.
Oh, and the deal also pays for the tuition for all walk-ons.

Texas offensive linemen​

NIL deal: $800,000

A non-profit entity will give $50,000 to each of 16 Texas offensive linemen on scholarship, with the twist being that the players must use the funds to support charitable causes.

Unnamed college football recruit from Class of 2023​

NIL deal: $8 million

Yes, you read that right. An unnamed high school college football player has signed a deal that could pay him up to $8 million, The Athletic reported March 12. The contract reportedly will pay $350,000 right away, with escalating payments that will total $2 million per year.
The deal is the largest NIL deal ever signed by a non-professional athlete, The Athletic reported, citing two unnamed experts.

Plenty of higher end car dealerships here in El Paso

• Wow
Reactions: FarWestTexas

Anthony Hamilton Jr., Chicago State​

NIL deal: $400,000
The Chicago State guard has signed deals with 11 brands, including fantasy sports app Sleeper, energy drink Reign Total Body Fuel and black singles dating app BLK.
Hamilton has more than 300,000 TikTok followers and 124,000 Instagram followers.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

and you guys made fun of me about Mario, this guy has 124k followers.

Not on the team. Never played at Chicago St

Reactions: denverutep
I don't care if he played or not. It's a bit concerning to know they have the ability to provide that kind of deal and we don't.

I don't care if he played or not. It's a bit concerning to know they have the ability to provide that kind of deal and we don't.

Be social media celebrity and you can get endorsement deals.

You said he never went to Chicago ST, and then i showed you that he did. I know who he is. He is one of those social media celebs and Chicago ST probably gave him a scholarship because of his followers. Learn how take an L and move on. Stop being a sore loser.

"Hamilton overcame two knee surgeries at the age of 14, continuing to play basketball throughout high school. He was initially recruited by the University of La Verne for basketball, but he later transferred to Clemson University where he was a track and field star, earning second-team All-ACC honors in the high jump. Last summer, he was offered a full scholarship by Chicago State University to play basketball while pursuing his masters."

Where are his stats from 2021-22?

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
There ARE plenty of higher end car dealerships here in El Paso that could use a nice athlete or ten to help them sell/advertise vehicles.

Do you think that advertising works? When I buy a car, I do research and look up everything about prospective cards I am looking to buy.

I'm not going to buy a car just because Gavin Hardison said I should.

Do you think that advertising works? When I buy a car, I do research and look up everything about prospective cards I am looking to buy.

I'm not going to buy a car just because Gavin Hardison said I should.
Do I think advertising works? Really?

I'm glad you research before you buy.

Do I think advertising works? Really?

I'm glad you research before you buy.

I said that type of advertising, not advertising in general.

Would you buy a car just because Garvin Hardison was doing advertising for that company? That's what my point is.

Advertising works. I just don't think Garvin Hardison advertising cars will entice anybody to buy a car.

Let's say you always bought a Ford and love the cars that you bought. Are you all of a sudden going to say "Garvin Hardison does advertising for Chevrolet. I'm buying a Chevrolet next!". Of course not.

I said that type of advertising, not advertising in general.

Would you buy a car just because Garvin Hardison was doing advertising for that company? That's what my point is.

Advertising works. I just don't think Garvin Hardison advertising cars will entice anybody to buy a car.

Let's say you always bought a Ford and love the cars that you bought. Are you all of a sudden going to say "Garvin Hardison does advertising for Chevrolet. I'm buying a Chevrolet next!". Of course not.

You’re underestimating the slow people on this board. A person like “Foolie2Step” would go buy a car because Hardison was promoting it. Same with “MamaBoySr”.

Smarter people will do their due diligence and pick a car that makes sense.

You’re underestimating the slow people on this board. A person like “Foolie2Step” would go buy a car because Hardison was promoting it. Same with “MamaBoySr”.

Smarter people will do their due diligence and pick a car that makes sense.
Plus I’m sure a lot of these businesses kick in money to UTEP Athletics in terms of donations and advertising money. Why would anyone kick in more to pay these players?

I look at it like this: You can pay the school and advertise the “Proud Supporter of UTEP Athletics” and maybe be promoted at games etc. Or pay pay an athlete who, no disrespect is an UTEP athlete. If you’re gonna pay anyone get Aaron Jones to do an ad for your business.

According to am Article published in The Athletic today, NCAA collectives count as boosters and penalties will be enforced accordingly effective immediately.

According to am Article published in The Athletic today, NCAA collectives count as boosters and penalties will be enforced accordingly effective immediately.
Interesting. So I wonder how people will try to get around this BS now

I call BS. Watch. The NCAA cannot afford to penalize the UTs, the Bamas, the Michigans. “Evidence” of wrongdoing will be found in the nooks and crannies of the mid major programs. Maybe in the cellar dweller P5 programs.

UTEP needs to be very, very careful about how their boosters approach NIL deals. It's not going to take years for the NCAA to send their lawyers after NIL groups. Pay-for-play will need to make money for the NCAA or the NCAA will die fighting NIL as it exists today.

Somethings gotta give. Either pay-for-play will be ruled legal or not. Millions will be spent before a court decides which. UTEP will choose whether or not to wait for the courts to decide. And to borrow a lyric from Rush, if UTEP chooses not to decide it still has made a choice.

Reactions: MineroFanatico

Saban explains very well what NIL should be and what it has become.

Whatever Nick.

So he's saying that once upon a time everything was equal. Everyone got the exact same opportunities and scholarships...etc...

Then he talks about what NIL was supposed to be then talks about how collectives ruined it.

I was buying it until he talked about his collective and how everyone gets the same money.

However, his collective, which is called High Tide Traditions, actually tells athletes that players are paid different amounts.

So what he says is not what he's doing.

Whatever Nick.

So he's saying that once upon a time everything was equal. Everyone got the exact same opportunities and scholarships...etc...

Then he talks about what NIL was supposed to be then talks about how collectives ruined it.

I was buying it until he talked about his collective and how everyone gets the same money.

However, his collective, which is called High Tide Traditions, actually tells athletes that players are paid different amounts.

Yeah that part didn't make sense. Saban is obviously a hypocrit, but his explanation is spot on in my opinion.

True, he says the right words.
He knows a&m is going to reach the top of college football now that their talent will be on par with bama, Georgia, Ohio state. He should go ahead and retire now to spare the beating he will get every few years.
Not this year, bama will beat a&m this year. 2023, 2024 a&m should compete for and win national title or two

Reactions: mikesarabia
Whatever Nick.

F-him. He of all people can never cry poverty with his NUMBER 2 RANKED CLASS. I have 0 putty for any school of that calibre when it comes to money given the financial schools like UTEP find themselves in with NIL deals.

Whatever Nick.

Yeah right. Cry me a river Nick, you poor disenfranchised program, GTFOH.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
F-him. He of all people can never cry poverty with his NUMBER 2 RANKED CLASS. I have 0 putty for any school of that calibre when it comes to money given the financial schools like UTEP find themselves in with NIL deals.

Bet there was a bonus in his contract for having the #1 ranked class, so naturally he is pissed.

Reactions: kickballpro
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT