ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Oakland Athletics to start looking at relocating elsewhere

OsoFromELP

MI VIP
Sep 11, 2018
El Paso, TX
First the Raiders, then the Warriors, and now possibly the Athletics. Soon Oakland will have no professional sports teams in town.

First the Raiders, then the Warriors, and now possibly the Athletics. Soon Oakland will have no professional sports teams in town.
I wouldn't be surprised if they end up in Vegas too.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
Maybe 10k, but I see what you are thinking.
0.000000000% chance El Paso ever gets a MLB team. El Paso can only hope for a NWSL or Rugby team. Those are the only two “realistic” top leagues they could get. NBA, NHL, MLB, NFL, MLS are never coming here.

El Paso is a AAA, USL Championship, GLeague type of city.

Reactions: kickballpro
Actually, if Vegas lands the As, that makes a trip to Vegas even more desirable.

Go in the fall: and you can catch an NFL or NHL game.
Go in the summer: catch an MLB game.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
NFL hasn’t been family friendly for years. Unless you’re buying on stub hub during week 17 involving two horrible teams.

I will never pay those prices for a NFL ticket. My wife and I had great seats in Jerry world's 2nd season on tickets paid for by a vendor. Went to a game in 2018 when my son-in-law was in town but sat in the nose-bleeds for whatever the cheapest price was and that was only because he brought his German brother-in-law. We had a great time but not because of the game but rather because of each other's company.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT