ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rachel Nichols Done???

I didn’t say that they have never happened or don’t happen in some smaller companies. I’m asking what proof do you have that it happens at ESPN or wherever.

And my restaurant question, you’re just going to ignore it?
Your restaurant question doesn't make sense to me. No one is being excluded from low level cooking jobs that I know of. Also, I don't think anyone is advocating for someone with no qualifications to get the job, at least I'm not anyway.

I understand what you are saying and it is definitely true, but you may also recognize that the same people that started the race are not always the same ones still racing. Sometimes it's hard to tell them apart though so they often get grouped together. It's cultural.

Lets start the race over now and let the best person get the job. Race, gender, age, etc...
There's no way to restart the race. The only thing we can do now is balance out the ongoing race to allow people of color to remotely caught up. Also, it doesn't have to be the same people running the race for the benefits to be felt inherently by people. Redlining is a perfect example of how those benefits are still present today.

Reactions: develman
Rachel Nichols is almost 50. She still looks good but the new addition was hotter.

Unfortunately, when youre on TV, it matters.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
Your restaurant question doesn't make sense to me. No one is being excluded from low level cooking jobs that I know of. Also, I don't think anyone is advocating for someone with no qualifications to get the job, at least I'm not anyway.
Okay then

There's no way to restart the race. The only thing we can do now is balance out the ongoing race to allow people of color to remotely caught up. Also, it doesn't have to be the same people running the race for the benefits to be felt inherently by people. Redlining is a perfect example of how those benefits are still present today.
How many experienced, educated, well spoken, criminal record free black people are having trouble finding good jobs? I am using “black people” because I don’t hear anything about Asians or Hispanics complaining about it.

Why should employers only hire based on resume and color? That’s why they have interviews.

Why should employers only hire based on resume and color? That’s why they have interviews.

The research has been done, resumes with Hispanic or African American sounding names get passed up more than a similar experience resume with a White sounding name. Hence those the non-White sounding name candidate takes longer to get interviews and even longer to get job offers.

How many experienced, educated, well spoken, criminal record free black people are having trouble finding good jobs? I am using “black people” because I don’t hear anything about Asians or Hispanics complaining about it.

The better question would be, how many low experienced, uneducated, broken speech, criminal record white people have good paying jobs? Then contrast that with the numbers for people of color.

I would agree that we can leave Asian people out of the discussion for the most part. Mainly because from what I've seen, there income averages are pretty high. Hispanics and Blacks however are in the same boat. We don't hear Hispanics complaining much, because they don't have the media platform, but the issue is still very much prevalent for them too.

The better question would be, how many low experienced, uneducated, broken speech, criminal record white people have good paying jobs? Then contrast that with the numbers for people of color.

I would agree that we can leave Asian people out of the discussion for the most part. Mainly because from what I've seen, there income averages are pretty high. Hispanics and Blacks however are in the same boat. We don't hear Hispanics complaining much, because they don't have the media platform, but the issue is still very much prevalent for them too.
I can name one! “Gentleman “ by the name of Hunter.

• Haha
Reactions: Taco1977
We could argue this till we blue in the face but the reality is can anyone name a job, or a country or a system where there is a meritocracy that The United States should model themselves after? People argue affirmative action discriminated against other minorities, Unions ultimately reward seniority over hard work. Hell, the French overthrew their government 200 years ago in the name of egalitarianism only come full circle and rejoice the return of the Bourbons.
Hiring quotas, reparations, etc will never be successful until we fix people. The day someone treats everyone as their equal while at the same time feeling equal at the same time is the day all of this ends yet in the thousands of years man’s been on the earth we haven’t been close to achieving that goal.

Last edited:
The research has been done, resumes with Hispanic or African American sounding names get passed up more than a similar experience resume with a White sounding name. Hence those the non-White sounding name candidate takes longer to get interviews and even longer to get job offers.
That's why I changed my name to Rodolfo Miguel Sanchez de La Rosa Smith-Williams.:p

I have a friend named Jay Mendoza. By his name you would think he's Hispanic. If you didn't know his name you would swear he's a white guy. Sucks his dad is Mexican instead of his mom.

I have a friend named Jay Mendoza. By his name you would think he's Hispanic. If you didn't know his name you would swear he's a white guy. Sucks his dad is Mexican instead of his mom.
Why? Has he not been able to get a job because of his name?

It’s funny how Rachael Nichols was relieved for her NBA Finals sideline reporting duties for her comments but absolutely nothing happened to Steven A Smith for his racist Ohtani comments.

It’s funny how Rachael Nichols was relieved for her NBA Finals sideline reporting duties for her comments but absolutely nothing happened to Steven A Smith for his racist Ohtani comments.
Like him or not (and I don’t) Stephen A a is ratings driver. That along with his 12 million plus a year salary makes him almost untouchable. How many times have they stuck him on live sports broadcasts and he shows his stupidity? Tim Bradley had to constantly correct him when he was doing boxing commentary. Joe Rogan looked like he was in The Twilight Zone listening to Stephen A break down McGregor/Cerrone. Unless he says something incredibly out of order he’s not going anywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: FedupMiner
I know it’s all about the ratings and that’s why I find it funny. ESPN will post things about ending racism all over social media but if their ratings driver says something racist nothing happens because ratings= money. But if their no name sideline reporter says racist comments , consequences happen and ESPN is all about ending racism.

She wasn't relieved of those duties, she didn't want to do them.

Like him or not (and I don’t) Stephen A a is ratings driver. That along with his 12 million plus a year salary makes him almost untouchable. How many times have they stuck him on live sports broadcasts and he shows his stupidity? Tim Bradley had to constantly correct him when he was doing boxing commentary. Joe Rogan looked like he was in The Twilight Zone listening to Stephen A break down McGregor/Cerrone. Unless he says something incredibly out of order he’s not going anywhere.
He did say something incredibly out of order, and yet he isn’t going anywhere. The typical far left hypocritical double standard.

He did say something incredibly out of order, and yet he isn’t going anywhere. The typical far left hypocritical double standard.
Was it incredibly out of order? Im thinking he’d have to pull a Jimmy the Greek to get himself yanked. That or beat his chick. But I agree that there is a double standard. Jalen Rose says crazy stuff too. Look at what he said about Kevin Love, and not to mention the fact that his daughter feels the need to give her two cents.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT