ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Kobe Bryant

Unbelievable. I am not a Laker fan, but I respect the fact that Kobe was the last Alpha Male in The NBA. I can’t think of anyone nowadays who had that will to win and the killer instinct he had. What’s really sad is the fact that his daughter died too. Can’t imagine what his wife must be going through, losing her husband and a daughter.

This has to be one of the most tragic moments in sports history.
I dont remember Clemente or the Marshall football team accident, but this definitely has to be one of the worst ever given his status in basketball lore and his age. Not to mention he may have had to comfort his daughter from terror at the end. He had so much more to offer and was just starting.

Just goes to show, no matter rich or poor when it’s your time, times up.
Prayers to all who lost family and friends to this tragedy.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
This is definitely up there, especially because his daughter died. Not that we’re trying to list tragic moments in sports, but the terrorist attack at the Munich Olympics is definitely up there.

Boston Marathon bombing as well.

But this is the most tragic because his was one of the greatest of all time.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
One of the ICONS of our times. Used to cuss him when it was Lakers/Mavs, but that's because he was always a gritty winner. Respected that he wasn't a chest pounder like so many others. He let the results speak for themselves.

As a Mavs fan I loved the fact that he gave Dirk mad props when he hit this game winner back in the day. Game recognized game.

Reactions: miner1liner
That’s a class move by The Mavs. I know there was a petition online for The NBA to replace Jerry West’s silhouette with Kobe’s as the NBA Logo as well. I think that’s a little too much, but still he’s going to get a ton of respect and tributes as he should.

source.gif

Game recognizes game my friend.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
Probably the only NBA basketball athlete or pro athlete for that matter to have won an Oscar among his other accolades. The man was mench, a star of the highest magnitude. No disrespect meant in the following quote.
"The life that burns twice as bright burns half as long. And you have burnt so very very brightly". Tyrell from Bladerunner

I am not a Kobe fan, kind of hated the fella, but professional talent he displayed thru his career was legendary. He never biatched about salary, kept his issues with Shaq off the court, learned from his (public) mistakes, no public DUI's or drug problems, loved his family and a good friend to his peers and others.

B785Mb8hiZE

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT