ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ruiz to Repeat?

JCorona

MI Miner Maniac
Jun 15, 2014
Who do you guys think will win? I think Ruiz walks through Joshua sooner and shows the 1st wasn’t a fluke.

I want to see how Joshua responds, and how Ruiz looks after winning the title. I want to say Joshua comes in and uses his height/reach to win the fight but he’s also got a suspect chin.

Who do you guys think will win? I think Ruiz walks through Joshua sooner and shows the 1st wasn’t a fluke.
This has the makings of Douglas/Holyfield all over again, for those old enough to remember that fight. After Douglas upset Tyson in Tokyo to win the heavyweight championship, he got lazy, ballooned up, and was out of shape for his first title defense against Holyfield. Sure enough, Holyfield KO’d Douglas to win the title. Now Ruiz wasn’t exactly in shape when he first fought Joshua. However, he too got lazy, ballooned up, and is more out of shape, even for a heavyweight fighter. I predict Joshua will regain the championship tonight.

I’ve been hearing about his weight since yesterday. And I just laugh. Look at him in the first fight and look at him now. Yeah he put on weight but he don’t look fatter.

I’ve been hearing about his weight since yesterday. And I just laugh. Look at him in the first fight and look at him now. Yeah he put on weight but he don’t look fatter.

The weight/body means nothing. The fact that Ruiz went straight from one camp into another benefited him going into the first fight. I think people wonder if those couple of months post fight hurt Ruiz a la Roberto Duran after he beat Leonard.

There aren't many heavyweights that have a chin when another heavyweight goes off on them. It could go either way. Both guys have heart.

I think Joshua will be ready mentally this time and Ruiz (to me) is obviously not ready with the big weight gain.

Reactions: NewYorkCityMiner
There aren't many heavyweights that have a chin when another heavyweight goes off on them. It could go either way. Both guys have heart.

I think Joshua will be ready mentally this time and Ruiz (to me) is obviously not ready with the big weight gain.

They said Ruiz added 60 pounds from the 2nd fight. I’m curious to know if he can go 12 rounds. That can hurt them now.

Reactions: NewYorkCityMiner
Ruiz is good quick boxer. He's got power too. He got beat at his own game because he decided once was good enough and put 15lbs on his already fat body. What a waste. I was hoping to see him at 15lbs less to what he could really do.

If Wilder gets past Fury, then he will hold all the cards against Joshua this time.

Ruiz has the skill set to be a champion, unfortunately he doesn't appear to have the work ethic. The guy should have come into this fight being in the best shape of his life. Instead he gained 15 pounds in 8 months.

If you followed Ruiz on social media you could see this coming a mile away. He wen’t on a well deserved victory lap after winning that first fight but it did come back to bite him in the ass. Top Rank got rid of him because they said he lacked commitment between fights. But you have to admit that Joshua fought a smart fight not getting into exchanges in close and using that jab all fight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT