ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Paul brothers

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
whats your thought on Jake and Logan ??

these amateurs must be putting Dana White in shame. getting big money fights without using UFC or the WBC.

On one hand I find their antics and trash talk tiring, but at the same time I get that I am not in their demographic.

On the other hand I love the fact that legitimate fighters are mad at them. For too long many of the top fighters and their promoters have robbed fans of big fights by playing politics and taking light touches. Then these guys just swoop in and sell 1,000,000 PPVs and now fighters and promoters are mad as if the sanctity of boxing is being treaded upon is so hypocritical.

It's the SpongeBob SquarePants generation.
They are from that YouTube, Tic Tock generation of people acting crazy for attention. The funny thing is there are people that think Logan has a legitimate chance to beat Floyd which I highly doubt. I read where Floyd has not trained 100%, and yes he’s in his 40s but this guy he cherishes that undefeated record more than he cherishes all that money he’s made. He has to know 100% this will be a cakewalk.

They are from that YouTube, Tic Tock generation of people acting crazy for attention. The funny thing is there are people that think Logan has a legitimate chance to beat Floyd which I highly doubt. I read where Floyd has not trained 100%, and yes he’s in his 40s but this guy he cherishes that undefeated record more than he cherishes all that money he’s made. He has to know 100% this will be a cakewalk.
Not to mention he’s giving up 35 pounds. Still...

Easy fight for Floyd. It's a circus show that generates a ton of money. Nothing wrong with a small bet on Logan.

Jajaja maybe that is a small bet for him. No way I would beat even 50 on Logan. I don't think he can land that one punch knock out.

I know it’s an exhibition and beyond unlikely but IF Logan Paul were to knock out Floyd he’d have to win Ring Magazine Fighter of the Year.

how were these two even be able to do this?? Will we be seeing other semi celebs in the ring?? I heard Marshawn Lynch is suppose to fight.

how were these two even be able to do this?? Will we be seeing other semi celebs in the ring?? I heard Marshawn Lynch is suppose to fight.
Yeah, Chad Johnson can only be considered a semi-celeb at this point. He fights tonight.

Won’t be paying $50 to watch this fight.

Anybody gonna be watching the CONCACAF Nations Final between Stars and Stripes and El Tri instead?

Reactions: develman

Boxing has more in common with pro wrestling than any other professional sport. These guys are famous in their own right and they’re a draw when it comes to the younger crowds. Logan and KSI sold out The Staples Center when they fought and at the end of the day they make the promoters money.

You can’t hit what you can’t catch. Mayweather will be on his bicycle the entire fight like he does in every other fight.

I wouldn't be surprised if Woodley gets knocked out. He is a washed up wrestler at this point in his career. No more power. Paul is WAY bigger.

Was a fun game to watch. I thought both teams looked like shit at times, especially defensively.

Never seen VAR relied upon so much in one game though.

Also, fan behavior is not just out of control in the NBA. Two players, one from each team, got nailed in the face/head with full water containers. SMH.
Enjoyed the game. It was a battle, but both teams need to get better to compete on the international level. Being so young the U.S. could be pretty good in 2026

That 1st goal given up by the U.S. was pretty horrible play on the back end and unfortunately pretty typical for the U.S. early in big games.

I thought Mexico applied a lot of good pressure after the U.S. tied it 1-1. Giving up 2 leads is pretty rough for El Tri though.

I didn't think either penalty would be called (especially the hand ball since his arm was hanging down), but I'm glad both were. Made for more excitement. I've never seen Guardado miss a penalty kick. Horvath played awesome.

Soccer fans are WAY worse than NBA fans in general. I think the NBA just blows it up a lot more nowadays.

Enjoyed the game. It was a battle, but both teams need to get better to compete on the international level. Being so young the U.S. could be pretty good in 2026

That 1st goal given up by the U.S. was pretty horrible play on the back end and unfortunately pretty typical for the U.S. early in big games.

I thought Mexico applied a lot of good pressure after the U.S. tied it 1-1. Giving up 2 leads is pretty rough for El Tri though.

I didn't think either penalty would be called (especially the hand ball since his arm was hanging down), but I'm glad both were. Made for more excitement. I've never seen Guardado miss a penalty kick. Horvath played awesome.

Soccer fans are WAY worse than NBA fans in general. I think the NBA just blows it up a lot more nowadays.
Good analysis, axing. I also think the US has a solid base of youth from which to build. Pulisic, McKennie, Sargent, Reyna, Cannon, etc, all under 23. Throw in Yedlin, Brooks, Acosta both keepers…all under 28.

A couple glaring needs imo: I’ll state the obvious first. The US needs to shore up its back line. They were miserable last night. McKenzie was awful. I know he’s better than what he showed last night but when he gave the ball away a 2nd time in/near the box, he should have been yanked. Not sure if the moment was too big for him or what but he didn’t mark well and he was caught out of position much of the night. Ream plays hard but he is slow as molasses. Berhalter needs to adjust sooner. I think it was Acosta who late in the game dropped to left back. Should’ve happened wayyy sooner as that left side was just getting exploited.

Next thing, the disconnect between the midfield and attackers continues to be an issue. The US has always been opportunistic on the counter attack, usually starting from the back, but there comes a time where the team has to add the dimension of possession and cohesion between the top two thirds of the field. We needlessly give the ball away far too much, and there is just a general lack of creativity between the two lines. We have the players to do it now.

Third, the thing that might help is to use Pulisic as more of a traditional midfielder. We usually see him at attacking mid but last night, especially in the first half, he was playing way to deep and hardly had any touches. He was not a factor. Good things happen when he carries the ball as we saw with that nice ball to McKennie, and then the foul he drew in the box. The ball needs to be at his feet much more for this team to excel.

Just a couple things going through my mind last night while watching the game.

Good analysis, axing. I also think the US has a solid base of youth from which to build. Pulisic, McKennie, Sargent, Reyna, Cannon, etc, all under 23. Throw in Yedlin, Brooks, Acosta both keepers…all under 28.

A couple glaring needs imo: I’ll state the obvious first. The US needs to shore up its back line. They were miserable last night. McKenzie was awful. I know he’s better than what he showed last night but when he gave the ball away a 2nd time in/near the box, he should have been yanked. Not sure if the moment was too big for him or what but he didn’t mark well and he was caught out of position much of the night. Ream plays hard but he is slow as molasses. Berhalter needs to adjust sooner. I think it was Acosta who late in the game dropped to left back. Should’ve happened wayyy sooner as that left side was just getting exploited.

Next thing, the disconnect between the midfield and attackers continues to be an issue. The US has always been opportunistic on the counter attack, usually starting from the back, but there comes a time where the team has to add the dimension of possession and cohesion between the top two thirds of the field. We needlessly give the ball away far too much, and there is just a general lack of creativity between the two lines. We have the players to do it now.

Third, the thing that might help is to use Pulisic as more of a traditional midfielder. We usually see him at attacking mid but last night, especially in the first half, he was playing way to deep and hardly had any touches. He was not a factor. Good things happen when he carries the ball as we saw with that nice ball to McKennie, and then the foul he drew in the box. The ball needs to be at his feet much more for this team to excel.

Just a couple things going through my mind last night while watching the game.
Way better analysis Minero 😀

For some reason I thought Dest and Yedlin started out as defenders? I guess with their speed midfield suits them better. Is Robinson any better than McKenzie?

If Dest and Pulisic can link up better that could be deadly.

I like Pulisic, Reyna and Lleget. I'm just not sure about our center forwards. We still don't have that dominant aggressive scorer that most world class teams do. Years ago I would have said Altidore, but that never worked out after his injury in the WC. Maybe Weah??

Possession and cohesion have always been tough for the U.S. against better teams. Agree that needs to be a focus going forward. We can't always rely on counter attacks and set plays.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT