ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Return of the NBA

MistaBinks

MI VIP
Jan 13, 2008
El Paso, Texas
I am really excited about the NBA returning in a few weeks. Some interesting stuff happening the last few days.

Zion left the NBA Campus today. It’s rumored the reason the NBA went beyond the 16 playoff teams was because they wanted to showcase him. I believe the Pelicans are in the first game when the season resumes. He'll be ineligible to play if he doesn’t get a daily Covid test.

NBA players will have the option of putting a saying/message on their jersey instead of their last name.

Westbrook and Eric Bledsoe have rested positive in the last week.

There’s a hotline the players can call to rat out other players for not following the quarantine rules. Apparently they are getting a lot of calls.

"JAMES" will be on the back of Lebron's jersey.

He's all about about family and winning during these turbulent times. I guess that explains why he didn't speak out against China regarding the Hong Kong issue. At least he is consistent.

I think James Harden will be wearing that.

EDITED: My bad. He was photographed wearing a Blue Lives Matter mask. Most think he just liked the look of the mask. I don’t know what his jersey will say.

Honestly, if LJ was wearing a "I'm with Pope Francis" mask, Harden would be wearing a "I'm with Anton LaVey mask".

SGA is becoming one of my favorite young players in the NBA, so I am looking forward to the season starting again so that I can watch his games.

This if from a CNN article that came across my feed:

Rapper Young Thug defended Harden on Twitter.

"Just so u know James Harden is my brada," he wrote. "Btw he don't have internet so he obviously don't know what's right or wrong if he posted something that's against US"

Hahahahaaaaaaaa SMH. We are just getting dumb and dumberer as a society.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
This if from a CNN article that came across my feed:

Rapper Young Thug defended Harden on Twitter.

"Just so u know James Harden is my brada," he wrote. "Btw he don't have internet so he obviously don't know what's right or wrong if he posted something that's against US"

Hahahahaaaaaaaa SMH. We are just getting dumb and dumberer as a society.

Racist!!!!

Clippers‘ Montrezl Harrell has departed from the Orlando bubble for an emergency family matter. I hope everything works out for him. As a Laker fan, I wouldn't be upset if the Clips aren't at full strength.

Reactions: mikesarabia
I became a big WWF fan in middle school. Around that time, El Paso’s cable added WTBS to the channel line up. I ended up watching NWA wrestling on that channel as well. Their flagship show aired on Saturday evenings. I used to get so mad when Atlanta Hawks games would preempt wrestling.

A few years later, I watched Dominique go at it with MJ at the Slam Dunk contest. I was a Wilkins fan from that day forward. I was then mad at myself because I could have been watching Hawks’ game that whole time instead of pouting about missing wrestling.

I became a big WWF fan in middle school. Around that time, El Paso’s cable added WTBS to the channel line up. I ended up watching NWA wrestling on that channel as well. Their flagship show aired on Saturday evenings. I used to get so mad when Atlanta Hawks games would preempt wrestling.

A few years later, I watched Dominique go at it with MJ at the Slam Dunk contest. I was a Wilkins fan from that day forward. I was then mad at myself because I could have been watching Hawks’ game that whole time instead of pouting about missing wrestling.

Same here. Had Wilkins posters on my wall next to Nolan Ryan. Master of the windmill from all directions. Never could get past the Celtics though.

Can someone explain to me how it makes sense they distance when sitting on the bench. They also wear face masks. But on the court they dont wear masks and they dont social distance?? That just doesn't make sense.

Can someone explain to me how it makes sense they distance when sitting on the bench. They also wear face masks. But on the court they dont wear masks and they dont social distance?? That just doesn't make sense.

It’s all about the NBA Bubble.

All about perception. The soccer leagues in Europe are doing it too. It’s dumb, but that’s the view they want to show the people watching on TV.

I wonder how big of an ordeal the pregame will be, how the black national anthem sounds and what will be written on back of the jerseys?

Reactions: MistaBinks

The NBA has done almost everything right (as can be). All games are in one location. Players and staff can’t leave the location (bubble). They have to quarantine when they initially arrive. Once they clear quarantine, the players are tested daily. If you leave the bubble, the process starts over. Also, if you leave the bubble, you have to be tested daily in order to be allowed to quarantine at the bubble. Very good system.

Reactions: topminer
The NBA has done almost everything right (as can be). All games are in one location. Players and staff can’t leave the location (bubble). They have to quarantine when they initially arrive. Once they clear quarantine, the players are tested daily. If you leave the bubble, the process starts over. Also, if you leave the bubble, you have to be tested daily in order to be allowed to quarantine at the bubble. Very good system.
I wish we could check all patients that come into the hospital and all employees day of work.

Nice Suns W, MB. Let’s see what happens on Sunday.

2586827-C-20-FB-4259-82-B6-4-A1-C666-CCCAB.png

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT