ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Things are opening up, are you going out?

minermx07

MI Regular
Sep 6, 2009
I'm debating. I have cabin fever pretty bad. Now that things are opening up around town are you going to go out?

I’m going to wait a little, to see how this goes but also because I know everything will probably be packed.

Been out in the public every day for work, wear a mask at all times. I work all over the city and have done limited travel. I’m in my 60’s and haven’t had a problem.
If you go out wear your mask, keep your distance as much as possible, have faith and enjoy as much as possible.

Hell
I'm debating. I have cabin fever pretty bad. Now that things are opening up around town are you going to go out?
Hell no. I have to go into people's home for my line of work. Gives me anxiety at times. I drink in my back yard and when there is a vaccine and treatment then I'll go to AA.

Reactions: MistaBinks
Stuff on here is pretty entertaining. Why go to a bar and hear who is sleeping with who? Had enough of that in my younger days.

Been out in the public every day for work, wear a mask at all times. I work all over the city and have done limited travel. I’m in my 60’s and haven’t had a problem.
If you go out wear your mask, keep your distance as much as possible, have faith and enjoy as much as possible.
Yeah we have to do what we gotta do, but be careful. Good advice Dman. Now as far as going out just to be social? No way. Not yet IMO.

Reactions: mikesarabia
Don't forget your alcoholic laden gel or wipes. Ambrosio Guillen Veterans Home and another retirement home on Murchison got hit hard. Don't put your A/C on internal resurculation if you can (I realize we're in upper 90's) but at least keep you window cracked according to virus experts. Look, EP is not even close to bending, its rising. I tell my kids your grandma is staying put in her retirement facility, do your part and for her and she is a social animal. You'll live and the vaccine and treatments are around the corner just let research scientist do what they need to do.

BTW, there was a Covid-19 infected person at the The Lake of the Ozarks pachanga that made the national news.

Don't forget your alcoholic laden gel or wipes. Ambrosio Guillen Veterans Home and another retirement home on Murchison got hit hard. Don't put your A/C on internal resurculation if you can (I realize we're in upper 90's) but at least keep you window cracked according to virus experts. Look, EP is not even close to bending, its rising. I tell my kids your grandma is staying put in her retirement facility, do your part and for her and she is a social animal. You'll live and the vaccine and treatments are around the corner just let research scientist do what they need to do.

BTW, there was a Covid-19 infected person at the The Lake of the Ozarks pachanga that made the national news.

I assume you don't drive either since there were close to 100 traffic fatalities in El Paso last year?

Stuff on here is pretty entertaining. Why go to a bar and hear who is sleeping with who? Had enough of that in my younger days.

I don’t know, maybe it’s just me. I don’t go to bars to hear who is sleeping with who. Now, I used to go to see who I might sleep with. With varying degrees of success and unsuccess. Lol.

These days, if I do go, I go to play some pool. A little Golden Tee maybe. Or some shuffle board. Catch a game. And maybe just to take a peek at the scenery. Fun but harmless stuff.

Last edited:
I stopped going to bars when I got engaged. Stopped drinking altogether not too long after getting married. I don't knock anyone who goes though. Have fun but don't drink and drive.

I'll go to the movies the first day the theater is opened just to support the business. I have no idea what movies they'll show though. Almost everything that was in theaters when this began is now either on DVD or streaming

I stopped going to bars when I got engaged. Stopped drinking altogether not too long after getting married. I don't knock anyone who goes though. Have fun but don't drink and drive.

I'll go to the movies the first day the theater is opened just to support the business. I have no idea what movies they'll show though. Almost everything that was in theaters when this began is now either on DVD or streaming
Maybe Top Gun or No Time to Die? I want to see those

Last edited:

636456755713356145-0145593-2.jpg

1918 Spanish Flu end to epidemic and end to WW1 happen at the same time. This photo if a filled El Paso High Stadium. Bet there was a lot of baby's born nine months later.

So bars are shutting down. What do you think of how Abbot has handled this whole thing? Not a rhetorical question, I’m curious....are things in Texas really that bad?

So bars are shutting down. What do you think of how Abbot has handled this whole thing? Not a rhetorical question, I’m curious....are things in Texas really that bad?

Not a fan of Abbott at all, however I think he’s handled the situation ok. I don’t think there is a “right” answer for how to deal with this pandemic. We had to start somewhere with reopening things up. Just to find out where we are. He’s doing the right thing in closing things down now.

This is going to be a long process and we’ll have to go over at least a few more bumps in the road before all is said and done.

As far as your question about things being that bad in Texas. Well, we know they’re getting worse. That isn’t all that good.

Reactions: Rocketsr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT