ADVERTISEMENT

OT: UCLA v Michigan

TxRdKiller

MI Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 16, 2001
Watching UCLA v Michigan. Checked box score. Clicked on UCLA's (apparent) main studs. Jacquez, Juzang, and Campbell. All are sophomores.

Maybe Rodney Terry can recruit to El Paso with hashtag "LittleLA"? I mean, ****. UCLA is gonna be in the final 4 and maybe win it all again in the next year or two if those guys stick around.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Halftime. UCLA has put 9 guys on the court. Not a single senior among them.

I wish I knew what kind of strategy this is in building a foundation for a winning program. I mean, isn't it required that a coach bring in a bunch of jucos and grad transfers in order to win?

Halftime. UCLA has put 9 guys on the court. Not a single senior among them.

I wish I knew what kind of strategy this is in building a foundation for a winning program. I mean, isn't it required that a coach bring in a bunch of jucos and grad transfers in order to win?
Ask Tony Barbee

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Gonzaga only has 2 seniors on the team. Ballo is a backup, so essentially only Kispert is leaving. They will be the favorites again next year.
As for Michigan, they have 9 seniors.

I hate Baylor, but they're going to mug the hell out of Gonzaga and score a whole bunch of transition points.

I really hope Houston takes Baylor down, but they're going to need their best shooting night to have a chance.

Of the remaining teams, UCLA might actually match up best against Baylor. We all slept on the Pac 12 teams.

Last edited:
I hate Baylor, but they're going to mug the hell out of Gonzaga and score a whole bunch of transition points.

I really hope Houston takes Baylor down, but they're going to need their best shooting night to have a chance.

Of the remaining teams, UCLA might actually match up best against Baylor. We all slept on the Pac 12 teams.
What everyone forgets is that Gonzaga has one of the best defenses in the country to go with their offense. Who says they can't mug Baylor? And secondly, Gonzaga is also so quick that they will also get transition points. I think everyone is always under the impression that it is so easy to mug Gonzaga with a good defense. They are so quick that you can't do that.

It is funny but it is always this team is going to this and that to Gonzaga. Well, when they play Gonzaga, all that crap gets thrown out the window because they never played a team that fast or that good defensively. Gonzaga is deceptively quick and great under pressure. Other teams get thrown out of their game plan and cannot adjust.

Gonzaga is a 14 point favorite over UCLA. The largest favorite in Final 4 history. I do not see UCLA winning outright, but I can see a backdoor cover in this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: axingfools1
What everyone forgets is that Gonzaga has one of the best defenses in the country to go with their offense. Who says they can't mug Baylor? And secondly, Gonzaga is also so quick that they will also get transition points. I think everyone is always under the impression that it is so easy to mug Gonzaga with a good defense. They are so quick that you can't do that.

It is funny but it is always this team is going to this and that to Gonzaga. Well, when they play Gonzaga, all that crap gets thrown out the window because they never played a team that fast or that good defensively. Gonzaga is deceptively quick and great under pressure. Other teams get thrown out of their game plan and cannot adjust.

Gonzaga is a 14 point favorite over UCLA. The largest favorite in Final 4 history. I do not see UCLA winning outright, but I can see a backdoor cover in this one.
Like Mike Tyson said, "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth". No reason to think Gonzaga won't be ready.

Gonzaga only has 2 seniors on the team. Ballo is a backup, so essentially only Kispert is leaving. They will be the favorites again next year.
As for Michigan, they have 9 seniors.

Michigan had 9 seniors?

Might as well pack it in. Tim Floyd taught us that if you have to fill 9 scholarships in one offseason, then it takes a decade to recover.

Michigan had 9 seniors?

Might as well pack it in. Tim Floyd taught us that if you have to fill 9 scholarships in one offseason, then it takes a decade to recover.
And they just lost out on a PG to Gonzaga.

Whoever gets Chet Holmgren will be in the money

Last edited:
Reactions: Lil_Train
Michigan had 9 seniors?

Except that they reached the Elite 8, so that’s kind of attractive to recruits. Juwan Howard will have them relevant within 2 years again, especially in this transfer happy day and age. Maybe not Elite 8 relevant then but close.

Except that they reached the Elite 8, so that’s kind of attractive to recruits. Juwan Howard will have them relevant within 2 years again, especially in this transfer happy day and age. Maybe not Elite 8 relevant then but close.

Howard doesn't get a honeymoon. They better be good next year. I'm impressed with Juwan Howard as a coach but people forget he took over one of the top programs in the country. Belein took Michigan to two national championship games.

I think Howard will reload and be fine. Just poking fun at Tim Floyd because according to him that was the reason he never got it going here.

I saw Gonzaga two or three times. The opponent swung hard but Gonzaga took the hits and gave it right back. Zags are not unbeatable but they are smart; Baylor is uber athletic.

I saw Gonzaga two or three times. The opponent swung hard but Gonzaga took the hits and gave it right back. Zags are not unbeatable but they are smart; Baylor is uber athletic.
This may be the first time in a long time where we truly get the best 2 teams in the finals. They were supposed to play during the season, but Baylor canceled. These 2 teams were 1 and 2 all year. I hope it materializes because even the casual fan can enjoy this game.

That's my take. These are the two best teams over the course of the season. It's not that I think Gonzaga can't go toe-to-toe with a physical team, but that's what Baylor does this season. They remind me of Nolan Richardson's 40 Minutes of Hell. Blink and Baylor just took a 15-point lead in the last two minutes. That's what happened at the beginning of the Baylor-Arkansas game; Arkansas was not acclimated to Baylor's pressure and Baylor just blew them out of the water at the start of the game. Arkansas went toe-to-toe with them for the rest of the game and nearly clawed back, but that type of deficit is tough to make up against a team like Baylor.

So yes, I think Gonzaga can beat Baylor. But they will have to maintain their discipline the whole game, and that's not always easy to do under the kind of pressure that Baylor can apply. They're always a threat to just blow a game wide open, and that's a tall mountain to climb against Baylor, even for Gonzaga.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT