ADVERTISEMENT

OT: UTEP, UT Austin and US Space Force To make announcement Thursday

MinerInWisconsin

MI Miner Maniac
Nov 28, 2001
President Wilson's stint as Secretary of the Air Force may be paying off for UTEP and El Paso. Apparently President Wilson will host some elected officials, UT Austin and Air Force officials tomorrow to announce more involvement in the Space Force.

Reactions: axingfools1
I didn’t know that the US Space Force was a real thing. Another great way to spend our money!
The Space Force was created under President Trump, who initially wanted it to be a completely separate branch of the Armed Force. Previously space fell under the purview of the Air Force. Then Air Force Secretary Wilson fought to have the Space Force be a part of Air Force, similar to the relationship that the Marines have with the Navy. She won. Air Force personnel who worked on space systems, and bases like Peterson AFB in Colorado Springs, which focused on space systems, were transferred to the Space Force. The Space Force now has its own uniforms, insignia (which looks like a Star Trek insignia), and leadership hierarchy (essentially the Air Force Space Systems hierarchy now in Space Force uniforms). I'm sure that funding is in line with what the Air Force was previously allotted for space systems.

This is, indeed, payoff for UTEP for the hire of President Wilson. Great news.

The Space Force was created under President Trump, who initially wanted it to be a completely separate branch of the Armed Force. Previously space fell under the purview of the Air Force. Then Air Force Secretary Wilson fought to have the Space Force be a part of Air Force, similar to the relationship that the Marines have with the Navy. She won. Air Force personnel who worked on space systems, and bases like Peterson AFB in Colorado Springs, which focused on space systems, were transferred to the Space Force. The Space Force now has its own uniforms, insignia (which looks like a Star Trek insignia), and leadership hierarchy (essentially the Air Force Space Systems hierarchy now in Space Force uniforms). I'm sure that funding is in line with what the Air Force was previously allotted for space systems.

This is, indeed, payoff for UTEP for the hire of President Wilson. Great news.
I see. Still though, if there’s advanced alien life forms that come here to hurt us, no “Space Force” will stop them.

I see. Still though, if there’s advanced alien life forms that come here to hurt us, no “Space Force” will stop them.
No, I think it will be all the usual earthly suspects jostling to colonize various objects in space. Besides, if I remember the movie correctly, space aliens ride bikes.

I think, right now, the focus would be on defending space-based assets such as satellites. GPS, which is used in our military guidance systems, is entirely dependent on satellites. I'm sure that our geopolitical adversaries have plans in place to target them. And I'm sure we have similar plans of our own for their assets.

I'm sure there are a bunch of black projects, too.

Whether this stuff falls under the Air Force or the Space Force, it doesn't bother me that there's a branch of our armed services dedicated to it.

Well, a logo is needed. Space Force ripped off Star Trek, I say UTEP/UT rip off their own.

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

I think, right now, the focus would be on defending space-based assets such as satellites. GPS, which is used in our military guidance systems, is entirely dependent on satellites. I'm sure that our geopolitical adversaries have plans in place to target them. And I'm sure we have similar plans of our own for their assets.

I'm sure there are a bunch of black projects, too.

Whether this stuff falls under the Air Force or the Space Force, it doesn't bother me that there's a branch of our armed services dedicated to it.

NASA still exists. It's the civilian institution dedicated to space exploration.

The Space Force is a military institution dedicated to our national defense.

I'm not sure I want both of those missions under the umbrella of NASA.
Exactly right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT