ADVERTISEMENT

OT Van Halen

The rock world was preparing for this as news started to leak out the past year or two. He took rock to new heights with his own self made innovative style in the 70's when Disco had a toe hold on the charts. His style and Roth's persona and vocals were a shot in the arm domestically speaking.

Satellite radio is having a EVH channel devoted to his memorable work. Ch 27 I think.

Eruption, known as one of the greatest guitar solos to this day, is something you have to check out if you’ve never heard it, all you youngbloods (just YouTube it). Whether you dig the style of music or not is irrelevant to the mastery that is displayed.

Van Halen was badazz until ‘Jump’. One of the biggest falls from grace ever...all due to a single crappy ass album.

Made a nice comeback as Van Hagar as long as you didn’t compare them to the original band. Not the same tho.

Eruption, known as one of the greatest guitar solos to this day, is something you have to check out if you’ve never heard it, all you youngbloods (just YouTube it). Whether you dig the style of music or not is irrelevant to the mastery that is displayed.

Van Halen was badazz until ‘Jump’. One of the biggest falls from grace ever...all due to a single crappy ass album.

Made a nice comeback as Van Hagar as long as you didn’t compare them to the original band. Not the same tho.

That’s a fair assessment. I never liked Van Hagar, but I also didn’t like when it started becoming the David Lee Roth show. If Van Halen didn’t give him the boot in the 80’s “Just a Gigolo“ would have been a Van Halen cut.

another legend that kept coming to town that I took for granted by saying I'll catch him next time. such as Ray Charles & Prince, deep regrets. At least I got around to seeing
Stevie Ray Vaughn. He died 1 month later.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT