ADVERTISEMENT

OT: We're getting more popular. Come to the mountains.

Been wanting to come to your place for a while but everytime I have a date in mind its booked

Been wanting to come to your place for a while but everytime I have a date in mind its booked
Ya, we are usually booked 4-6 weeks out. Let me know if you have some dates in mind and I'll block em out for you.
We should plan a UTEP fan weekend for a big game and I'll set up the projector.
We just upgraded wifi and will get Starlink as soon as it's available.

Ya, we are usually booked 4-6 weeks out. Let me know if you have some dates in mind and I'll block them out for you.
We should plan a UTEP fan weekend for a big game and I'll set up the projector.
We just upgraded wifi and will get Starlink as soon as it's available.
Have you heard anything about when Starlink will be available? I was supposed to get mine in 2021. Then it was pushed to summer 2022 and now I'm hearing late 2022. I've already received the first price increase without even having service for a day.

• Wow
Reactions: FarWestTexas
Have you heard anything about when Starlink will be available? I was supposed to get mine in 2021. Then it was pushed to summer 2022 and now I'm hearing late 2022. I've already received the first price increase without even having service for a day.
Availability depends on your location. I'm on a SL facebook group and there is lots of info. Many people are already hooked up.
One trick is to give a physical address, when you order, that you know has service. Then have it shipped to your home and hook it up. It'll probably work but service might be spotty. It's a risk.
If you place a new order from a location that has service it'll only take a couple of weeks to get the equipment. If you order from a location without service you won't get equipment until there is service.
SL just launched a bunch of new satellites that appear to be grouped off the Pacific coast near LA (or so I assume). Those birds might move to empty cells and hopefullt they will cover you and I.
I'm in the dreaded New Mexico dead zone. A big square That covers most of south central/SE New Mexico but also includes El Paso.
As soon as that dead zone gets covered I'll order SL and sell all my new AT&T gear. Can't wait.
HERE is the sat coverage map.
THIS article shows availability and the dreaded New Mexico dead zone.

Last edited:
Here is the real time SL availability map, JC.

Ya, FarWest, Hughes was terrible. I was always having to dink with it and finally Verizon gave us decent coverage that went to shit about 6 weeks ago. Had to switch to AT&T. Much better now.

Starlink is now available here. They launched satellites yesterday and today it's available. Maybe FedEx will bring you a gift next week, JC.

We made the big time! There is a lot of video here. I hope you check it all out! Check the links and get your axe up here for a visit. So far we have had NO Miner Fans visit the Domes. Plenty of Aggies and Lobos though.

This was an indie film called Mind Heist that was filmed at the Domes. It's an exciting movie that shows the Domes and our general vicinity. Great plot, too. ($)

This is our Ugliest House In America segment that was just released. You may have already seen it. They were here filming all day to come up with this 15 minute feature. Lots of fun! (Free) eek, sorry for the ads. find us on HGTV.

Then there is our KOAT nod that confirmed that we were one the most popular destinations in New Mexico. (Free)

We have high speed internet so you can watch the games and listen to your favorite tunes.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT