ADVERTISEMENT

OT: West Virginia to ACC?

Washington is the most valuable brand in the Pac 12. USC Oregon follow closely behind.
Again, I’m using your term, “brand”. You’ve moved the goalpost again and are now adding “value” to the mix. Because their value is higher than USC’s for instance, doesn’t mean on a National scale that the brand is more well known. And that’s exactly what brand signifies, how well known something is, level of interest. We are talking brand on a National scale because we’re talking about cfb in general. Give people the choice to watch a late night game involving Oregon, USC or Washington and the Huskies are probably going to be dead last amongst the 3. Nobody talks about u dub.

Again, I’m using your term, “brand”. You’ve moved the goalpost again and are now adding “value” to the mix. Because their value is higher than USC’s for instance, doesn’t mean on a National scale that the brand is more well known. And that’s exactly what brand signifies, how well known something is, level of interest. We are talking brand on a National scale because we’re talking about cfb in general. Give people the choice to watch a late night game involving Oregon, USC or Washington and the Huskies are probably going to be dead last amongst the 3. Nobody talks about u dub.
I live in Seattle so my perception of U DUB may be a little skewed. There is no bigger game up here than Washington vs Oregon . It's ten times bigger than the apple cup of the Civil War. So take my view of Washington with a grain of salt because I certainly live in a purple bubble.

I live in Seattle so my perception of U DUB may be a little skewed. There is no bigger game up here than Washington vs Oregon . It's ten times bigger than the apple cup of the Civil War. So take my view of Washington with a grain of salt because I certainly live in a purple bubble.
It’s all good. I appreciate the “debate”. I think we could both be right depending on criteria used to make a determination.

Even though we may not always agree, I appreciate your insight on many things we talk about here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT