ADVERTISEMENT

OT: When your side or party is wrong.

minermx07

MI Regular
Sep 6, 2009
So, just curious if people ever think their side goes too far or is ever wrong.

For me, the Left is way too reactionary and it’s kinda crazy.

I mean the Right has it too. Remember when Conservatives were throwing out their Kuerigs because of some stupid reason?

But like for me, the Left like demands a level of purity that’s like “whoa, I’m barely learning about this topic and now I’m supposed to be like doing x,y,z and I should feel bad I wasn’t doing it. Hold on, I’m barely catching on to last week’s injustice”

I don’t know I figured this thread would be interesting.

So Libs bash libs. Conservatives bash conservatives. Independents get to bash both I guess.

Absolutely both sides can take it to the extreme levels. I don't mind one bit to call out something that the conservative side does wrong. To think that one side or the other is 100% correct is impossible.
We as humans are far from perfect.

Conservatives in general can seem weak, passive, too high class to partake in nasty discussions. Then there are some conservatives who get too nasty to the point that I scratch my head and shake my head as in "why in the hell would you do that." Conservatives at times can give the perception that they don't care or have compassion about those in poverty or middle class, do not have the communication skills to reach those people. Then of course you have some who get lost in the notoriety that listen to lobbyists instead of remembering that they work for the people. This gap must be bridged because there is an overall lack of trust and lack of feeling included in the process. Some need to remember the struggle that they went through to get where they are to remember about extending a hand to help lift others who need that help.

I mean the Right has it too. Remember when Conservatives were throwing out their Kuerigs because of some stupid reason?
I actually don't remember that, but I've never really been up to date with the latest fads.

I do remember when people were burning their Nikes, however, which seemed silly to me. Sure, stop buying Nike in the future, but burning Nikes is only hurting yourself. Nike already got your money.

Reactions: TXPrepMiner02
So to recap :

Moronic to “Stan” for a political party
Not moronic to “Stan” for a bad sports team
Moronic to ask about similarities between the two

Is that right?
Well I’m a Liberal, but I’m an American before that. Total complete Liberal rule would be tyranny. I hope you think the same about Conservative rule.

Our Democracy, our nation has survived because of its free flowing political debate.

Multiple polítical parties are good.

Shoot, a problem in America is that there are only 2 major parties. There’s probably 4 at least big political philosophies in this country.

Well I’m a Liberal, but I’m an American before that. Total complete Liberal rule would be tyranny. I hope you think the same about Conservative rule.

Our Democracy, our nation has survived because of its free flowing political debate.

Shoot, a problem in America is that there are only 2 major parties. There’s probably 4 at least big political philosophies in this country.
We need at least 1 more party and ranked voting in primaries and general elections.

I am an Independent and I agree with what you said.

It will take someone of great influence and have enough wealthy backers to support him/her for there to be a true 3rd party/candidate.

Reactions: TXPrepMiner02
If someone popular enough, with enough money and could speak eloquently with passionately came along as an independent and ran with good ideas that he or she could merge from both sides then they could win.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
If someone popular enough, with enough money and could speak eloquently with passionately came along as an independent and ran with good ideas that he or she could merge from both sides then they could win.

I used to believe this. Maybe an intelligent, moderate candidate would emerge and mobilize viral culture, the web and reach younger voters and neutralize these career politicians with their corporate friends and big money. Nope...ain’t never gonna happen.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
If such a person where to come along, it would be the first time in a long time that Dems and Rep. would work together. They would do anything to keep their power.

Reactions: Autograph Boy

Most people on this planet are survivalists first, but our founding fathers believed we're all political animals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT