ADVERTISEMENT

OT: World Cup 2018

[QUOTE="UTEPfan1966, post: 105726, member: 3099"]Well. they have the biggest dance party in the world, but they lost to France.....bleh[/QUOTE]
you haven't seen me on Saturday nights

I am really impressed with Croatia. They had had way more chances in the 2nd overtime even though England was down 1. They didn’t really allow England to get in the final 3rd of the field. I though they were goin to be dead since they played 2 tough games leading up.

Well, didn't get to watch the game, got a tooth pulled out and I've been pretty much out of it since yesterday morning. I'm going France, although I would like to see Croatia win. I don't even know why they play the 3rd place game. None of those players want to be in it, nor their club teams

Aside from that gimmie PK (although a hand ball is a hand ball is a hand ball, imo) France earned the win. Even though time of possession was dominated by Croatia, France continued to play sound soccer and only for a brief time seemed to be on their heels.

My father in law is 100% French so I was outwardly rooting for them but there was a secret little part of me pulling for Croatia.

Overall that was an entertaining WC.

Reactions: minerfan_14
The PK was a good call in the end. He made himself bigger and then moved his arm down to the ball. that 3rd goal for France just killed Croatia's mind set.... You get an own goal, a PK scored against you, then a third, mentally it's gonna hurt you.

Croatia came balls out at the start of 2nd half, I thought they played the better game overall, but you can make an argument for either side in this game. This World Cup was entertaining to say the least.

The PK was a good call in the end. He made himself bigger and then moved his arm down to the ball. that 3rd goal for France just killed Croatia's mind set.... You get an own goal, a PK scored against you, then a third, mentally it's gonna hurt you.

Croatia came balls out at the start of 2nd half, I thought they played the better game overall, but you can make an argument for either side in this game. This World Cup was entertaining to say the least.
To further add salt to the wound that first own goal wasn’t even a legitimate foul. Everything that could go wrong against Croatia did. They’ve come a long way from the last World Cup. From being eliminated by Mexico in group stage to runners up.

What about bringing at least either @ussoccer_mnt and/or @ussoccer_wnt to the Sun Bowl for a friendly or qualifier in 2019?

What about it @JimSenter2 @UTEPAthletics

Reactions: axingfools1
UTEP has as much a chance to host the USMNT as their basketball and football teams have winning a post season game. Slim and none.

What about bringing at least either @ussoccer_mnt and/or @ussoccer_wnt to the Sun Bowl for a friendly or qualifier in 2019?

My only question would be; do we have enough hotel occupancy for an event of this magnitude? One of the reasons we never had large conventions, etc back when I asked in 2005....Yes, I know things have changed :)

Reactions: jdubb66
The US has to
My only question would be; do we have enough hotel occupancy for an event of this magnitude? One of the reasons we never had large conventions, etc back when I asked in 2005....Yes, I know things have changed :)
Wow, you have the same number of likes as you do posts. I'll take care of that right now.

Reactions: minerfan_14

If the U.S. hosts the Confederations Cup ahead of the upcoming World Cup played in North America, maybe the Sun Bowl can host a Confederations Cup game?

(Who gets the Confederations Cup auto-bid, since multiple countries are hosting the World Cup? The CONCACAF champ gets a bid; will the auto-bid for the "host" go to the second place team?)

Before we ever host a Confederations Cup, Gold Cup or any WC qualifiers we will need to prove ourselves in a few friendly games. Bringing the USMNT could draw a big crowd at the Sun Bowl.

Having the USL team be successful in the attendance department could help in landing a friendly down the road.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT