ADVERTISEMENT

OT: World Series

TxRdKiller

MI Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 16, 2001
Anyone watch baseball? I don't. Just happened across the Phillies v Astros during the bottom of the 8th inning.

What's with that clown gimmicky pitcher for the Astros? Baby swing or whatever followed by the Hokey Pokey before throwing the ball? I mean, WTF? Why is that dude in pro baseball with his gimmicky crap? He lost the game for the Astros.

Anyway, what do I know. I haven't watched pro baseball since even before the NBA became a game of 1 on 5 offensively. And I no longer watch the NBA either because it got boring with 1 on 5 style of play.

Luis Garcia is a great pitcher. Yes, he gave up the go ahead home run, but Justin Verlander gave up home runs as well. They're both good pitchers, but obviously things happen. Garcia didn't lose the game for the Astros, just like the Red Sox didn't lose because of Buckner's error.

His pitching style isn't a gimmick. That's just the way he pitches. There isn't one way to throw or hit a ball.

I used to watch Rick Barry shoot free throws underhand. It's a wonder how he was one of the most prolific scorers in NBA history and shot 90 percent from the free throw line. Some gimic.

It'll be an interesting Series for the Astros. It's their 4th in 6 years and will determine if they're considered closer to a dynasty or closer to the 90s Braves - a good run with little to show for it. They might only another year or so with their core (Altuve, Verlander, Gurriel, etc.) getting older.

Reactions: denverutep
Anyone watch baseball? I don't. Just happened across the Phillies v Astros during the bottom of the 8th inning.

What's with that clown gimmicky pitcher for the Astros? Baby swing or whatever followed by the Hokey Pokey before throwing the ball? I mean, WTF? Why is that dude in pro baseball with his gimmicky crap? He lost the game for the Astros.

Anyway, what do I know. I haven't watched pro baseball since even before the NBA became a game of 1 on 5 offensively. And I no longer watch the NBA either because it got boring with 1 on 5 style of play.
Baseball has always been full of tricks and gimmicks. For some, that's what gives it its charm.

Reactions: denverutep
Eh. World Series and American history have been hand in hand benchmarks since Carter's Pills.
800px-Advert_for_Carter%27s_Little_Liver_Pills_Wellcome_L0040448.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT