ADVERTISEMENT

Our beautiful women keep winning!

I like it! Nice run they've had so far. That's an understatement actually. Well done Lady Miners.

Hate to be the party pooper. Its nice that they are winning.But have you seen their schedule? Thats a sorry schedule.

Hate to be the party pooper. Its nice that they are winning.But have you seen their schedule? Thats a sorry schedule.
I was making the same observation about the opposition which has been very, very week...but as they say, you can only play the schedule you were dealt. They have to play WKU on the road.

...and in comparison, with a comparable schedule, the men are at .500 overall and have a losing record in a shitty shitty conference. Allow us to enjoy the women's season. They're actually good.

Reactions: jamasterj
...and in comparison, with a comparable schedule, the men are at .500 overall and have a losing record in a shitty shitty conference. Allow us to enjoy the women's season. They're actually good.
Yes, they are good, but will they be good enough to beat LA Tech today? In the second half of the recent game against Southern Miss they didn't fare as well as they should have when it came to putting away a mediocre opponent. In that situation they seemed to lack the discipline that they will need to show against LA Tech and future opponents, if they want to win the vast majority of their upcoming games. Just a small example of areas that I feel they can improve on, that will help them when they do face above average opponents like LA Tech, would be to back off of shooting so many 3pt shots when they have the lead in the last 10 minutes of the game. Also, keep your better ball handlers on the court during the latter part of the game, thus not turning the ball over under pressure, and last, but not least, take more time off the clock before firing up shots. These were basic things that almost got them in trouble against Southern Miss that good teams just don't consistently do. These are just observations on my part that probably don't mean much in the long run, but they are items that will allow inferior teams to jump up and take advantage of the Lady Miners in close contests. Not to sound negative, but I believe LA Tech recently beat Southern Miss 72-37, and if the Lady Miners beat Tech today, I would say that UTEP has a VERY GOOD women's team.

Reactions: miner1liner
Was able to make the game today (along with Alvinosports, I'm sure). Glad I did. Beat a good La Tech team, competitive game, start to finish. Say what you will about the schedule, but this is a top 25 team.

Reactions: mikesarabia
Yes, they are good, but will they be good enough to beat LA Tech today? In the second half of the recent game against Southern Miss they didn't fare as well as they should have when it came to putting away a mediocre opponent. In that situation they seemed to lack the discipline that they will need to show against LA Tech and future opponents, if they want to win the vast majority of their upcoming games. Just a small example of areas that I feel they can improve on, that will help them when they do face above average opponents like LA Tech, would be to back off of shooting so many 3pt shots when they have the lead in the last 10 minutes of the game. Also, keep your better ball handlers on the court during the latter part of the game, thus not turning the ball over under pressure, and last, but not least, take more time off the clock before firing up shots. These were basic things that almost got them in trouble against Southern Miss that good teams just don't consistently do. These are just observations on my part that probably don't mean much in the long run, but they are items that will allow inferior teams to jump up and take advantage of the Lady Miners in close contests. Not to sound negative, but I believe LA Tech recently beat Southern Miss 72-37, and if the Lady Miners beat Tech today, I would say that UTEP has a VERY GOOD women's team.
Well, after today's game, I hope you have a new outlook of the team. They won a tough game despite some very poor officiating. At one point in the 2nd half, La Tech had attempted 32 free throws to the Miners 12. The free throw discrepancy didn't look as bad at the end of the game since La Tech began fouling hoping the Miners would miss their free throws.

This team is for real!! They have an abundance of talent, heart, desire, and depth.

"I like how Floyd defenders will bring up the women's team and their lack of support. Nobody cares about girls basketball. This ain't UConn." is what positivelypete says about the subject. Great job women. Keep it up!!!

Reactions: mikesarabia
"I like how Floyd defenders will bring up the women's team and their lack of support. Nobody cares about girls basketball. This ain't UConn." is what positivelypete says about the subject. Great job women. Keep it up!!!
Correct!! Positively Pete needs to go watch the women's games!!

Was able to return to the Don and watch the women put a beat down on UAB. Other than the tip off, UAB was never close.
The Don is a very sad place indeed. About half of the people there did not stand until the first basket from the visiting team. Only two concession stands open. Not a lot of people with picks up for free throws. There could not have been more than a 1000 people there.

Was able to return to the Don and watch the women put a beat down on UAB. Other than the tip off, UAB was never close.
The Don is a very sad place indeed. About half of the people there did not stand until the first basket from the visiting team. Only two concession stands open. Not a lot of people with picks up for free throws. There could not have been more than a 1000 people there.

Attendance # for the UAB game: 1,070.
Other attendance # for the other five games:

Why can't basketball be played at Memorial Gym again?

Attendance # for the UAB game: 1,070.
Other attendance # for the other five games:

Why can't basketball be played at Memorial Gym again?

Wass off attendance by 7%, not a bad guess.
It was very cool that my daughter and my friend's' daughters got to pose for pictures and get autographs from the players.
Last time I saw a women's basketball game at Memorial Gym, during CUSA championship, the experience was not great. That place needs a ton of TLC.

I was at the game last night. Great win for the Lady Miners! Still don’t understand how there could have been .4 of a second left on the clock. Looked to me like the ball was going through the net as the buzzer sounded and the light on the backboard went on. It gave Middle a last chance shot.

I was at the game last night. Great win for the Lady Miners! Still don’t understand how there could have been .4 of a second left on the clock. Looked to me like the ball was going through the net as the buzzer sounded and the light on the backboard went on. It gave Middle a last chance shot.
I thought the same when I first saw the play. The replay did show there was just a bit of time when the ball went through the net. Again, great win by an undermanned team. Hopefully, the win will provide momentum going forward. Getting Boyd back soon will also help.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT