ADVERTISEMENT

Over recruiting

80 hrs is about right. The time scholarship athletes put in is no joke and not just football and basketball. And yes, I have friends and family that are/were college athletes. Practice, film, class, tutoring, class, practice. Yes, a movie can be put in there but Not your typical college social life.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I figured you didn't have an answer. That's why I said BS from the beginning. I knew you couldn't explain yourself.

Here’s the thing. And you know this to be true. You ask for an explanation. You get one. You insist on going in circles anyway. Even when you have no knowledge of a situation. Which is common.

Hahahahaha. The joke of the board is trying to get a rise out of me but can’t. Whatever you say.

Nope, I am trying to have a civil conversation with you, but you choose to state numbers without providing explanations.

I really don't care either way. It's obvious your claims aren't true and I was just curious if you were going to try and explain yourself.

Nope, I am trying to have a civil conversation with you, but you choose to state numbers without providing explanations.

I really don't care either way. It's obvious your claims aren't true and I was just curious if you were going to try and explain yourself.

Hahahahaha.

Here’s the thing. And you know this to be true. You ask for an explanation. You get one. You insist on going in circles anyway. Even when you have no knowledge of a situation. Which is common.

I didn't. You said your son worked over 14 hours Monday-Sunday. I was just curious what happened in those hours because like you said I have no knowledge of the situation.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
80 hrs is about right. The time scholarship athletes put in is no joke and not just football and basketball. And yes, I have friends and family that are/were college athletes. Practice, film, class, tutoring, class, practice. Yes, a movie can be put in there but Not your typical college social life.

So you're saying athletes don't go to clubs, go out to eat, browse the Internet, watch other sporting events, go to the movies, etc.?

Hahahahaha.

Obvious because I choose not to go back and forth with you and waste my time? Good logic AB. I’ve been around this block with you more than a time or two to know better. Nice try.

Obvious because I choose not to go back and forth with you and waste my time? Good logic AB. I’ve been around this block with you more than a time or two to know better. Nice try.

That's just a cop out. If you answered one thing I would have been done and would have believed you. You choose not to do that.

But like I said I really don't care either way. I really was just curious.

Browse the internet is considered a social life?

Facebook, Twitter, etc. is social media so for some people I guess it would be.

But you never answered my question. According to you and Fanati athletes are also working at least 14 hours on weekends on well.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
So you're saying athletes don't go to clubs, go out to eat, browse the Internet, watch other sporting events, go to the movies, etc.?

That’s what you deduced from that info? Man, you sure make an awful lot of ridiculous assumptions. You know there are 168 hours a week right? As if a student athlete doesn’t have ANY time for something else.:rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

That’s what you deduced from that info? Man, you sure make an awful lot of ridiculous assumptions. You know there are 168 hours a week right? As if a student athlete doesn’t have ANY time for something else.:rolleyes:

Just say how athletes work 14 hours Saturday and Sunday. Easy answer since you know so much about this.

Facebook, Twitter, etc. is social media so for some people I guess it would be.

But you never answered my question. According to you and Fanati athletes are also working at least 14 hours on weekends on well.

Again, you put your own spin on things. i know reading is hard, but maybe go back and read again. Nobody has to do it for you, because you make yourself look dumb.

Again, you put your own spin on things. i know reading is hard, but maybe go back and read again. Nobody has to do it for you, because you make yourself look dumb.

Your words, not mine.

"Yep at least 12-14 hour days. Actually started in the weight room at 5 am. You were close though. Monday -Friday? Lol. They didn’t get regularly scheduled days off. Maybe a day here or there once or twice a month.

Call whatever the **** you want. I don’t care."

Exactly what I stated. Tell me how an athlete is working AT LEAST 14 hours a day. When I say working, I am talking about an hour lunch and 15 minute breaks here and there.

My niece is a cross country athlete at a top 5 program...so you think she stops training on the weekends. Hell, no. Even when she vacations, she’s training. Does she have a social life...yes. But not what you would think. Does it affect her relationships...yes. She doesn’t have time for a boyfriend. For a college age athlete, yes they get free tuition, food and board but they are working hard for it.

My niece is a cross country athlete at a top 5 program...so you think she stops training on the weekends. Hell, no. Even when she vacations, she’s training. Does she have a social life...yes. But not what you would think. Does it affect her relationships...yes. She doesn’t have time for a boyfriend. For a college age athlete, yes they get free tuition, food and board but they are working hard for it.

She vacations during the school year?

So she trains 12-14 hours on the weekend and during the week?

People who get academic scholarships have to maintain better grades. They have to get at least a 3.0 or a 3.5 to keep their scholarship. All an athlete have to do is maintain a 2.0 average.

as for pay...who knows. I’m just responding to your doubt on how many hours an athlete works a week during the season.

Still haven't answered any questions, but that's ok.

I just get a kick out of people who love to state things, but when you ask them to explain themselves they get tongue tied.

You’re a funny guy. You gotta work on your game. But you’re a funny guy.

You’re a funny guy.

I try.

But I do know if I state something I will ALWAYS come up with an explanation. Otherwise, you will just look dumb.

But like I said, it's ok. A lot of people like to state things without explaining their point.

I try.

But I do know if I state something I will ALWAYS come up with an explanation. Otherwise, you will just look dumb.

But like I said, it's ok. A lot of people like to state things without explaining their point.

I’m truly laughing out loud at you right now.

So again, how much should athletes be paid? Or do you not have an answer for that either?

Thank you, AB...for the entertainment you have provided this late evening. I owe you a mountain of gratitude for the laughs and good time.

Not sure what 90% of the board has against you.

And to everybody else. I apologize if you read through to this point. It probably wasn’t as entertaining for you as it was for myself. The White Russians have been flowing and I was feelin’ kinda feisty. Not to worry, I think I got it out of my system...at least for the next 1/2 year or so.

Last edited:
Thank you, AB...for the entertainment you have provided this late evening. I owe you a mountain of gratitude for the laughs and good time.

Not sure what 90% of the board has against you.

I actually wanted to get more insight into the life of college athletes, but it's too bad you couldn't come up with anything.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT