ADVERTISEMENT

Pillow fight of the week.

Maximus Miner

Rookie
Jul 1, 2005
0-4 NMSU vs 0-3 MIners. I'll Be there but this probably our best chance to win a game this season. The Aggies seemed to have fallen off completely from last years bowl run. Will we even get 15k for this edition of the battle of I-10?

Reactions: minerfan_14
I just hope the Miners’ pillows are filled with bricks...

0-4 NMSU vs 0-3 MIners. I'll Be there but this probably our best chance to win a game this season. The Aggies seemed to have fallen off completely from last years bowl run. Will we even get 15k for this edition of the battle of I-10?
Huntley had a good night last night for Aggies. Boone is their deep threat and is averaging 11 yards per catch. He's averaging 6 catches a game. So you can much guarantee that NMSU will go deep at least once or twice Saturday with Boone, and after the UTEP secondary and coaches claiming they're the best in CUSA, they have shown they are easily susceptible to the home run pass the last three games. Matt Romero has 55% completion percentage, however, if Cox can get UTEP to disguise their blitz's UTEP should get at least one interception because he is at 6 in an early season. Now obviously, Kai is not much better at all and is sitting at 42%....that's bad. Kai's deep ball just plain sucks so NMSU DB's should not worry about being burned or at risk to the "big pass play". UTEP's opponents go right up to UTEP receivers and challenge right at the line. NAU, UNLV and Tennessee all did it. Kai's mid range passing is suspect as well. Other than a decent catch here and there from Redix, UTEP's receiving corp has been shut down early in this season. So who too go to? Wadley, Dawn, Lucero (much better this year so far), Redix mixed in with Locksley's ability to run out of busted pocket. Hughes had a nice game yesterday and Miner fans should expect a good night next week from Wadley and Hughes; they're a load to bring down. Actually, Dimel is correct in what he said about UNLV in that UTEP is not going to see another explosive offense as the Running Rebels. UNLV's offense was that much better than the Vols. So if this defense improves weekly, the D should be getting bigger numbers.

Martin knows this rivalry. He's lived the humiliating moments too many times, especially when freshman QB Metz literally stole a win in their back yard NMSU should have won. Dimel said on the post game radio show that he's told every day "Don't lose to NMSU". Take it seriously Coach Dimel, otherwise this "throw away year" first year mid major coach's get will go up several degrees. When Price got behind the eight ball against Hal Mumme during the rivalry fans had enough (and the underachievement he promised would not happen). BTW, Mike Price's first year he beat NMSU 45-0 in front of 46,123 butts in the seats at the Sun Bowl. Kug's first year was at Aggie Memorial and won easily as well 42-21 in front of 18,366 butts in the seat at Memorial Stadium. No pressure, start off the rivalry with a "Hell yeah! Let's do this!"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT