Poll: I am a Graduate and/or Fan of UTEP

Poll: I am a Graduate and/or Fan of UTEP

• I graduated from UTEP prior to year 2000

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • I graduated from UTEP in or after year 2000

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • I did not graduate from UTEP but I'm a native El Pasoan and fan

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • I did not graduate from UTEP and I'm not from El Paso but I'm still a fan and I don't know why

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I fvcking hate UTEP

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My tongues speaking friend 2Step got me thinking with his recent post about how people at his church and elsewhere have visceral feeling about UTEP so I thought I'd ask where 'diggers sit on the subject.
Many, many moons ago, Haskins allowed my elementary school basketball team (boys & girls, all age groups) visit and hang with the team and play around on the court. Freezing my arse off for Miner v. Hoyas tickets and watching UTEP win, UTEP ❤️ was born.

My option isnt up there.

- does it really matter why we are UTEP fans?

My option isnt up there.

- does it really matter why we are UTEP fans?
What's your option? I figured you at least had El Paso ties because I think you said you went to the Tim Hardaway Basketball Camp. I didn't think people not from El Paso would even know about that thing.

What's your option? I figured you at least had El Paso ties because I think you said you went to the Tim Hardaway Basketball Camp. I didn't think people not from El Paso would even know about that thing.
Im from El Paso and im a UTSA dropout. I never went to Utep.

My option is, im a fan because there was no other choice.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
Class of 2005 grad but I’ve been a fan since I was a kid. My folks would take us to games when they could afford to.

12/1985.

“…At that time, Georgetown was ranked 5th in the nation and game was the first of a terrific nine day stretch that also featured home wins against Ohio State, Alabama, BYU, and Utah.”

Read More: Remembering the UTEP Men's Basketball Battles with Georgetown
Those were some great years in Miners basketball history. UTEP basketball was winning WAC championships and was a regular participant in the NCAA tourney. I remember those great victories over some talented teams like Georgetown, Ohio State, Utah and others. UTEP basketball was the hottest ticket in town and fans would sell out the SEC, as it was called back then. I hope Golding can take this team back to the glory years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT