ADVERTISEMENT

Portal Thoughts

groundrounds

MI Regular
Dec 3, 2017
The Mountains of New Mexico
This next year will be unique in recruiting because so many great players can enter the portal attempting to climb the ladder without penalty.
That leaves many great hs seniors and jucos out of the spotlight and easy recruiting targets. It's a good opportunity for coaches who think they can keep their new players at home while their team matures.

Interested in your thoughts.

Last edited:
Reactions: miner1liner
This next year will be unique in recruiting because so many great players can enter the portal attempting to climb the ladder without penalty.
That leaves many great hs seniors and jucos out of the spotlight and easy recruiting targets. It's a good opportunity for coaches who think they can keep their new players at home while their team matures.

Interested in your thoughts.
I'm hearing that the one year exemption will be retroactive to last season, so I guess that means Sjolund will have to sit out a year?

I'm wondering if Sjolund feels like he erroneously jumped the gun; not knowing who his new coach was going to be.

I'm wondering if Sjolund feels like he erroneously jumped the gun; not knowing who his new coach was going to be.
He left after Golding was hired, but maybe he wasn't aware of the rule (if the rule actually applies).

He left after Golding was hired, but maybe he wasn't aware of the rule (if the rule actually applies).
Reading through some of the NCAA documentation on the one time transfer waiver, I don't think a guy who has already transferred once from a D1 school would be eligible for that waiver once again. There are probably exceptions to the exceptions, but I think Sjolund will likely need to sit out a year.

Reading through some of the NCAA documentation on the one time transfer waiver, I don't think a guy who has already transferred once from a D1 school would be eligible for that waiver once again. There are probably exceptions to the exceptions, but I think Sjolund will likely need to sit out a year.
He should just withdraw his name from the portal. Would love to have him back. He’s athletic and mobile enough to become more than a decent defender. Liked his shot blocking ability already. Sure could use another shooter, too.

That means that if Williams goes to Texas he'll have to sit a year before playing?

He should just withdraw his name from the portal. Would love to have him back. He’s athletic and mobile enough to become more than a decent defender. Liked his shot blocking ability already. Sure could use another shooter, too.
Didn't he already sign with Portland?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT