ADVERTISEMENT

PRAISE

miner1liner

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2014
There must be an explanation for his lack of performance this year. What is it? For the season he has 5 unassisted tackles and 5 assisted tackles, no sacks. He ranks 12th on the season in defensive stats. Didn’t look at last year's stats, but we all know what a monster he was and he has completely vanished this year.

That’s a good question. I haven’t seen a post from UTEPDefense in a while but he’d have some insight and valid explanations I would imagine. Maybe kickball could give his 2 cents worth? Cuz I’m wondering the same thing.

That’s a good question. I haven’t seen a post from UTEPDefense in a while but he’d have some insight and valid explanations I would imagine. Maybe kickball could give his 2 cents worth? Cuz I’m wondering the same thing.
He's probably getting more attention after the year he had last year. Or maybe his success last year went to his head? He's definitely not having anywhere near the impact he had in his last two previous seasons.

He's probably getting more attention after the year he had last year. Or maybe his success last year went to his head? He's definitely not having anywhere near the impact he had in his last two previous seasons.
Coach said that he's been double teamed.

Reactions: develman
There must be an explanation for his lack of performance this year. What is it? For the season he has 5 unassisted tackles and 5 assisted tackles, no sacks. He ranks 12th on the season in defensive stats. Didn’t look at last year's stats, but we all know what a monster he was and he has completely vanished this year.
a) double teamed constantly
b) they literally run away from him. Avoid his gap area. (most common)
c)opponents use play action plays, draws, bubble screens, quick slants, etc. away from Praise.
d)Chip blocking. "Here, the running back or tight end "chips" the defensive end first before releasing towards the passing route."https://footballadvantage.com/chip-block/

Charlotte avoided him all night. I specifically remember Reynolds rolled within his area and Praise almost got the sack.

Reactions: axingfools1
Not at all. Unless he is demanding attention with the frequent double team.

I haven’t been able to watch the last 2 of 3 games, so I’m not sure.

Reactions: develman
I’ve seen him double teamed quite often. He also hurried the qbs a few times but hasn’t been able to get the sack.

Reactions: axingfools1
Other explanation is, other players are making plays. Praise is getting beat to the QB. Taylor and others are beating him to the QB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT