ADVERTISEMENT

Predict the crowd for Bethune Cookman at UTEP

MinerInWisconsin

MI Miner Maniac
Nov 28, 2001
Since the Miners won easily at NMSU and since that game was televised live locally, I'm expecting our usual 15k or so plus some bandwagon fans interested due to the win.

I'm guessing 25k. What do you think?

Since the Miners won easily at NMSU and since that game was televised live locally, I'm expecting our usual 15k or so plus some bandwagon fans interested due to the win.

I'm guessing 25k. What do you think?
25k sounds about right. I don’t think most UTEP fans are too “excited” about the NMSU win. Plus holiday weekend, and lack of interest, I would be shocked if it eclipsed 30,000.

Reactions: kickballpro
Chihuahuas are in town and its Fireworks night. 15 to 18k would be a back slapping success at this point in history. The Freakazoid concert/festival was cancelled so maybe some students will come?

Strange that this game isn't on the ticketmaster website. I was curious to see how many tickets are available and couldn't find this game on there

I’d say 20.,000 and that’s being generous. On one hand I feel like people will go just to get out of the house. On the other hand has anyone seen a big push in advertising for the game?

I just looked up 2019 attendance figures, holy crap, they were abysmal. With the exception of the season opener, which all of EPISD got in Free, it was awful.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
be ready for a hugh crowd of 40K for this game and I will be there. Party cant start until I get there... lets all get there early and rock the place ... show your pride - be loud and proud...
You do have some pride left in ya? right?
Yeah 40k, when you can’t even buy tickets online 5 days before the game. Sure……..

Still can’t buy them from Ticketmaster and it’s noon on Monday. Definitely a poor way to run an athletics department, which is typical business for UTEP.

Reactions: MinerManiac
Yeah 40k, when you can’t even buy tickets online 5 days before the game. Sure……..

Still can’t buy them from Ticketmaster and it’s noon on Monday. Definitely a poor way to run an athletics department, which is typical business for UTEP.

It gets better. You can't buy through the ticket master site. However, you can buy them on UTEP Athletics web site which goes to ticketmaster. This function does not include the map option so you can't see how many tickets are sold. That has to be the only reason they are selling them this way. It's ridiculous most people go directly to ticketmaster to buy tickets.

No way Saturday’s attendance exceeds 20k. One win over NMSU isn’t going to reverse the terrible perceptions associated with the awful football played in the Sun Bowl the last five years. It’s going to take some time and winning for the average Miner fan to warm-up to this team. If this team starts 5-1, then 30-40k may be possible.

Last edited:
It gets better. You can't buy through the ticket master site. However, you can buy them on UTEP Athletics web site which goes to ticketmaster. This function does not include the map option so you can't see how many tickets are sold. That has to be the only reason they are selling them this way. It's ridiculous most people go directly to ticketmaster to buy tickets.
So I went to the NMSU game story and sure enough, it does not say you can buy tickets at TM. You are right though, as the ticket option through UTEP - is TM.

I looked at the map and all sections are solid blue, which indicates a “shit load” available. Anyone predicting 40k is on some serious drugs. Especially since most fans will only attempt to go to TM and not go to UTEPs website to get tickets. Especially if you’re buying something other than GA end zone tickets. Ridiculous, but that’s UTEP.

So the ticket master problems are due to an overwhelming number of ticket buyers. The systems can't handle the onslaught. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Reactions: kickballpro
The UTEP athletics ticket master removes the major service fees.

No way Saturday’s attendance exceeds 20k. One win over NMSU isn’t going to reverse the terrible perceptions associated with the awful football played in the Sun Bowl the last five years. It’s going to take some time and winning for the average Miner fan to warm-up to this team. If this team starts 5-1, then 30-40k may be possible.
Yup. Senter has his work cut out. Even if five and one no way in heck they reach 30k.

Yup. Senter has his work cut out. Even if five and one no way in heck they reach 30k.

I agree. One game won’t change five/six years of failure and public perception. This year could be like Kugler’s bowl season where the crowds never grew in proportion to how the team was doing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT