ADVERTISEMENT

Predict the crowd for Bethune Cookman at UTEP

"Sun Bowl sees big turnout"

I guess that headline is no surprise considering how things are so blatantly spun these days.

Reactions: kickballpro
No way Saturday’s attendance exceeds 20k. One win over NMSU isn’t going to reverse the terrible perceptions associated with the awful football played in the Sun Bowl the last five years. It’s going to take some time and winning for the average Miner fan to warm-up to this team. If this team starts 5-1, then 30-40k may be possible.
You were right

I can agree with that. I still thought there were more than 15K true fb fans in EP. I’m not even sayin 15k Miner fans. Just fb fans. Who go to games for the pleasure of it.

Plus, the Miners had as good a record as they could have at the time and had come off a fairly dominant performance last week, albeit an ugly one at times.

I could see it if the Miners had lost last week. Obviously I was wrong to think that.

The Miners still only have 2 senior starters on offense in Garrett and Lee. On Defense its Caldwell, Inyang, and Neil.

So the foundation is in place. And you can see the potential in some young recruits like Eldridge.

Dimel came in saying this will be a slow build. And I appreciate the roster he has put together. I appreciate that guys aren't leaving left and right. But there are still fundamental mistakes we make that shouldn't happen year 4.

Also, attending games. The support product from the Athletic Department. If that doesn't improve, this will never be a winner.

Oh, definitely. We were all together last night watching both games and UTSA played great. They dominated the game throughout. I was pretty impressed with La Tech, Charlotte and Rice as well. Miners better get those penalties under control because CUSA looks tough!
I dont think we win more than 3-4 games total this year (just based on the mentality/lack of aggression of our head coach and penalties).

Well the game was in hand the entire way through
I'm pretty sure it was 10-7 in the 3rd quarter when the other team had a horrible penalty that killed their momentum and allowed us to score. Oh and BC scored an equal amout of points as us in the 2nd half too.

I'm all for celebrating, but jeez. This team is poorly disciplined. This win wouldn't mean much to me if I were a UTEP coach or player, but to each his own.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT