ADVERTISEMENT

QB situation for next season

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
Well Dimel just finished his 2nd season and still no QB. Will he go with Goodwin or get a transfer???

I’d imagine Goodwin starts getting a lot of work this off-season. Dimel’s offensive philosophy and scheme seems to require a mobile quarterback. I just hope though that we don’t see a repeat of this past season where he fails to name a starter. It wouldn’t surprise me if we don’t know whether Hardison or Goodwin will be taking that first snap come September 5, 2020.

I think Goodwin will the guy, but it wouldnt suprise me if we have another 2 qb rotation with Goodwin and Hardison that never gets resolved. Dimel said hes not bring in a qb this year so its Goodwin or Hardison.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
I think Goodwin will the guy, but it wouldnt suprise me if we have another 2 qb rotation with Goodwin and Hardison that never gets resolved. Dimel said hes not bring in a qb this year so its Goodwin or Hardison.
The unfortunate thing is it looks like both Hardison and Goodwin are two completely different QBs. How can you platoon two guys who have different skill sets?

i haven’t seen Goodwin play but I may trust him running and Hardison throwing. Can’t call the same plays for both.

If only there was a rule that would allow coaches to play redshirt players and not lose their redshirt status. Then Dimel would have a better idea of how the qbs perform during live games. Then he could make an educated decision to stick with what we have or to hit the transfer market.

The unfortunate thing is it looks like both Hardison and Goodwin are two completely different QBs. How can you platoon two guys who have different skill sets?

i haven’t seen Goodwin play but I may trust him running and Hardison throwing. Can’t call the same plays for both.
Goodwin has an arm based on the film I have seen. But then again so did KL. I hope he's accurate. Goodwin is tall and lanky.

Goodwin's mechanics are 1000 times better than Locksley's. The question is he accurate and can he read defenses?

Every kid looks good on film. Sooner rather than later we’ll figure out if this kid is D-1 ready. I wonder if it’s going to be overwhelming to ask a freshman QB to run this offense, and travel to Texas.

Every kid looks good on film. Sooner rather than later we’ll figure out if this kid is D-1 ready. I wonder if it’s going to be overwhelming to ask a freshman QB to run this offense, and travel to Texas.
TT
@Nevada
@UT
NMSU

That's just September. Yup. That's tough as heck for any mid major QB.

If only there was a rule that would allow coaches to play redshirt players and not lose their redshirt status. Then Dimel would have a better idea of how the qbs perform during live games. Then he could make an educated decision to stick with what we have or to hit the transfer market.

No reason why he shouldn’t try and do that anyway

4-star Aidan Atkinson is available! UTEP already caught Lathon after Northwestern dropped him, so they could do the same with Atkinson!

(I'm only half-joking.)

I don’t know if fits been mentioned here but Torrez looks like he’s going to be out for an extended time.

4-star Aidan Atkinson is available! UTEP already caught Lathon after Northwestern dropped him, so they could do the same with Atkinson!

(I'm only half-joking.)

If i was coach id look for QB in the transfer market. It works for Oklahoma. I know Utep wont get that type of caliber player. But i rather shop at the Transfer market than whatever is on Uteps bench.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
With Drennan added to Cowing, Garrett, and Cooper, it makes a good set of wr's. We know with wadley and Hankins we are set at RB. Thompson back at TE. Really the only question marks are at QB and Center.

Good question! Big, any info?
Bravo is the equivalent of an "NFL camp arm"

There are no surefire options on offense, idc who is returning at WR, or RB, no one has put up respectable production so its hearsay on having a good set of anything on offense until we win a damn game, or come close to winning a game.

Judging from the current depth chart and recruits I doubt he'd see much playing time at either position

I won’t disagree with you, but if I remember correctly he was the number 3 at one point. He definitely lacks height but he’s going to be the most tenured QB going into this year and he has game experience. If we have another situation where our top two QBs go down he could very well be seeing the field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT