ADVERTISEMENT

Question: UTEP Alumni

There's a reason the NFL (and others) have a Hall of Fame. People are drawn to great historical figures. I say we celebrate all of our athletes who've had success at the highest levels regardless of how long ago it was.
Yes, and most of those visitors are adults, who are already fans. If you want to draw new fans, showing them Don Maynard catching a touchdown pass vs Sul Ross St in black and white, isn’t going to make an 8 year old a fan.

You can have the old stuff, but you need to concentrate on the new stuff.

Update:

Spoke with higher ups in the university. A lot of planning going on currently. UTEP is looking to hire some key people within the next couple of months. There has been a lack communication between departments on campus pre-COVID, but things are slowly changing.

Athletics will announce a pre game party area on the north side of Sun Bowl for home games soon and will tie alot of pre game stuff together.

UTEP alumni database is being sorted out within the university, this is one the main areas of failure from the university. They are figuring out where people are located better. So far they have "hot areas" of where alumni reside. Alumni Association is going to build networks in those "hot areas". So far, I know Phoenix is next, and LA and Vegas are on the map.

Alumni Association got a assessment from a 3rd party and will be using better techniques to get more support from UTEP and reach out to alumni more. Changes will be slowly happening over the next couple of years, unfortunately.

Any questions let me know.
I am an alumni and a huge Miner fan. In 2006, EP times even voted me Miner fan of the year! I saw you mentioned Vegas. I have lived in Vegas for 10+ years and would love to be involved with happenings in vegas. I don't know how to get in contact but my email is guzmarr@nv.ccsd.net if that helps to get it to someone that wants a point of contact in Vegas.

I am an alumni and a huge Miner fan. In 2006, EP times even voted me Miner fan of the year! I saw you mentioned Vegas. I have lived in Vegas for 10+ years and would love to be involved with happenings in vegas. I don't know how to get in contact but my email is guzmarr@nv.ccsd.net if that helps to get it to someone that wants a point of contact in Vegas.
Man, I will talk to some people to see what we can do for you. I know there about two or three out in Vegas who might be interested in helping set things up. I will keep in contact with you.

Goes for any of you as well, if you want to be involved with networks across the nation, please let me know. They are looking for people always. Alumni Association wants to build these relationships more with the UTEP alumni old and new and it is a great way to stay active with UTEP and other alumni.

UTEP Alumni Association will be out in Denton for the UTEP vs UNT for a pregame tailgate. Announcement coming soon.

Last edited:
I got the email too. Saw that Wilson will be there and are offering us discounted tickets.

Reactions: Dmanminer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT