ADVERTISEMENT

Question

PURPLEFIRE

MI Hall of Famer
Oct 5, 2003
if kugler is sooo hell bent on havin a running game here... Do you think he would be more successful using a triple option attack ? You all think I am nuts probably but as awesome today at our hurry up spread attacks are... I think a hurry up option attAck sprinkled in with passing could be just as deadly!! Thoughts on any of this?

This was discussed in another thread and someone posted a good answer to this. One point is, a team is not going to install a whole new offense in one week, or in mid season. Not gonna happen. Two, you've got to recruit to fit the offense. There aren't enough RB's to run a triple offense now, and you can forget about ever seeing Simpson.

Even if Simpson goes in it seems all he will do is handoff left handoff right handoff up the middle throw a short pass then start over

For those excited to see an opened up offense i dont think this will be the game. We outweigh NMSU by 50 lbs a man up front. We desperately need a win I think we pound them all night. I expect Hughes will have over 200 yds. I think they will use next week to put in new offense. I think we will see a four qbs play next week. We have to have a vertical passing game the coaches know it , but because of the situation I dont think you will see it tonight.

Even if Simpson goes in it seems all he will do is handoff left handoff right handoff up the middle throw a short pass then start over
Handing off the ball is quite different than running a triple option. Simpson is just not built for it.

Like I said in the other post, we don't have the personnel to run the triple option. Plus we have Higgins as an OC, enough said!!!! The guy only knows 3 plays to run.

Handing off the ball is quite different than running a triple option. Simpson is just not built for it.

not what i meant..... someone said they were excited to see simpson and i am saying they wont be seeing much

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT