ADVERTISEMENT

Questions about new staff using Twitter?

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
1. Why didn't Bob Stull, Folyd and Kug use Twitter?? It looks like its helps

2. Do you think fans of Utep helped lock up the recruits?

3. Dimel wasnt on Twitter or this active until 2016. Why is he now?

4. Do you like that coaches and Senter are using twitter?

My input:
One thing i dont like about twitter . The honeymoon stage all the fans are nice and caring acting like angels. Then when first bad thing hapens people turn evil. It never fails.

Reactions: MinerJo
You have to admit that day to day fan interest has gone up. Plus HS/Juco players have been contacting the staff asking to play for UTEP. Bottom line, it’s all about getting your brand out there.

These young kids now live on social media these days. To have a coach(s) who can relate to them through social media helps. Plus like someone already said, it engages the fan base and keeps everyone up to date on developments with the program. Something we're not use to. This is causing a little more interest, and I'm sure season tickets are going to rise due to the interest all this media attention has had.

Reactions: axingfools1
I hope I’m not sounding like the ultimate pessimist here, but the unfortunate downside of all this social media is these coaches/players will catch all kinds of crap online if they stink it up. Imagine how much more pissed off Floyd/Kugler would have been if read everything on social media?

Reactions: FiliUTEP
I hope I’m not sounding like the ultimate pessimist here, but the unfortunate downside of all this social media is these coaches/players will catch all kinds of crap online if they stink it up. Imagine how much more pissed off Floyd/Kugler would have been if read everything on social media?
That comes with the territory.

My input:
One thing i dont like about twitter . The honeymoon stage all the fans are nice and caring acting like angels. Then when first bad thing hapens people turn evil. It never fails.

If the football team doesn't improve (which is hard) I hope they can handle the negativity. I am sure they will be just fine.

My only problem with it (like any social media) is that it brings out all of the internet toughguys who are quick to talk down to people online, but dead silent in person. On top of that, most "suggestions" by the average person aren't feasible or outright ridiculous (i.e. UTEP should turn the Sun Bowl into a soccer field and have a soccer team that will draw tens of thousands...)

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
Dimel has been tweeting for a while now since KSU days. He has received his share of crap. It's reality so you except it or not. Kug wouldn't until going into the final year of his tenure. All is relative to the W-L columns. Miner fans appear to like it and the local sports media are loving it since it keeps out of town alums abreast which is a good point.

1. Why didn't Bob Stull, Folyd and Kug use Twitter?? It looks like its helps

4. Do you like that coaches and Senter are using twitter?

1. Can you imagine Stull on Twitter? You would see posts like: Just woke up after a 8 hour nap on my desk... time to go home. Oh shucks, football didn’t win any games, but the finished top 3 in attendance in CUSA , time to work on the coach’s 5 year contract extension.

4. I like how Senter and the coaches use Twitter. It shows how hard Senter and the coaches are working behind the scenes to extinguish this dumpster fire that Stull left.

Reactions: El Paso 777
I liked and retweeted one or two of Senter's tweets, and he started following me. I hadn't even been following him yet. I'm find of impressed that he would do that.

I liked and retweeted one or two of Senter's tweets, and he started following me. I hadn't even been following him yet. I'm find of impressed that he would do that.

He followed me right away when I followed him. I think he follows everybody that follows him and follows people whose tweets he likes.

I really didn't get into twitter until about a year ago. Before that I barely touched it. Now breaking stories in news and sports all seem to break there first.

With the new coaches (and athletic director) we get a little peak behind the scenes of the work their doing plus you get to match a face to the name...and not just the head coach, but all the coaches. They're getting me fired up.

FIRE IN THE HOLE!

It’s cause old man Stull was just that...an old man. About a year ago I used to follow the UTEPAthletics and UTEPfootball Instagram pages. I was posting “FIRE BOB STULL” on every post. Every single post. After a couple weeks all my comments were deleted and I was removed as a follower, unable to join back up. Still get a laugh outta that.

You basically have no choice but to use it now to let kids keep up with your team and you with them. And if they are going to talk about you they have several ways of doing not just twitter. Great move.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT