ADVERTISEMENT

Random Thoughts

TenaciousD

Rookie
Jun 28, 2001
El Paso, TX
1) Why do our DB's consistently play 12 plus yards off the receivers? Do we ever think maybe jamming at the line? We're going to get beat anyway on long balls, but at least give the D-line a prayer of putting pressure

2) Why does the staff allow Locksley to throw side-armed or flat footed? I would be upset if I saw a basketball player shooting threes a la Jamaal Wilkes with a windup behind his head, why do we allow poor mechanics in football?

3) I heard a couple of mentions from the announcers, about coaches "Staying positive" - great, we're doing that again. That seemed to do wonders for Mike Price era. Maybe Dimel can walk into the presser on Monday and crack some one-liners. Anyone know a good ice cream truck owner or a friendly cop who will fake-arrest him?

Can we get a coach who is pissed off about losing and not treat this like pop-warner and worry about who is bringing the Capri-Suns this week?

And we wonder why we cant change the culture at UTEP, hmm

1.) UTEP played a lot of deep cover 3 defense yesterday, so that they could get an extra guy(Safety) into the box for stopping the run. This explains the CB’s playing off the way that they did, the game plan was essentially to play 3 deep with 8 underneath to stop the run. It worked relatively well and we never gave up more than one score per quarter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT