ADVERTISEMENT

Rice at UTEP Roll Call, Predictions, and All These Things

Can CRT get Eze and McGee a few more minutes? 20 minutes combined is not enough, especially with our short rotation and lack of senior production.

Reactions: MINER.JAY
Can CRT get Eze and McGee a few more minutes? 20 minutes combined is not enough, especially with our short rotation and lack of senior production.

I agree fully. Why we aren't using them as much is a big question for me also. I'm sure EZE would be a big help with the offensive rebounds we're giving up. McGee they have got to let shoot more.

Prediction
UTEP 66
Rice 58
Crowd 4,020

49043053_2165983293729800_1178765791705694208_n.jpg

Niko says "Hey 1liner" and "Go Miners!" Actually there will be a total population of about 18 but I'll be the only one glued to the game. We have a group of about 14 from Mississippi who came for the snow. Then there is me, the wife and the pair of Pyrenees.

Reactions: develman
Do the Goldiggers/Cheerleaders have a new coach? They’re better this year.

49043053_2165983293729800_1178765791705694208_n.jpg

Niko says "Hey 1liner" and "Go Miners!" Actually there will be a total population of about 18 but I'll be the only one glued to the game. We have a group of about 14 from Mississippi who came for the snow. Then there is me, the wife and the pair of Pyrenees.
How about posting a photo of you, the guests, the fireplace and the Miner's racking up a win with the snowy landscape outside?

Think I’m a take a little bottle of Jack and watch UTEP win, had a long week and I’m tired as hell but I’m addicted to UTEP athletics like a crack whore. Gonna be a ghost town but I’ll be in there.

Mineros 69
Arroz Nerds 62

Efie goes off for a huge double double

Can someone explain what happened at the end? I was following on the game tracker. Rice offensive rebound - 1 second later - Rice 3P - I second later - UTEP basket.

rice hit a 3 with almost no time left. UTEP inbounded, and the ball was knocked out of bounds with .5sec left. Somehow we heaved it to lathon for a quick 3.

this is all I know from listening to radio...

Reactions: MINER.JAY
Turned out it was a 2 not a 3. Anywho how about Lathon 17 pts. 7 rbs. 5 asst. 2 stl. and 1 block.

Lathon was certainly clutch, hitting our last two shots, including the game winner. You have to give props to Hawkins as well. His 24 points (on only 14 shots) and 7 boards helped get us back into a game that looked like a lost cause early on. The best thing: these two kids are only freshmen.

Thanks to KTSM Deaver for being Johnny on the Spot. Those cross court passes are not easy. You need someone who has control and good upper body strength to land it where it needs to be. A basketball has no laces to just "grip it and rip it" like a football.

Sad that a walkon is outplaying some of his teammates (I won't mention names anymore). I can't wait to see Bryson Williams and the others suit up with these young guys.

One of these days, if we are ever up big or down big, I would love to see Efe and Eze on the court together on offense and maybe a little 3-2 zone on defense. Eze has way too much potential at this point to be sitting on the bench behind a guy that doesn't give us much anyway. Play the kid more!!

Lathon is easily the best player on the court for us when he's healthy. That's with efes great season and gilyards scoring ability. Hawkins was pretty streaky but looks like he might have broken that finally. Great to see the guys come back like that and end with a bang!!

Quentin Mellora-Brown is 6'10" and plays like it. He got rebounds over our guys and gave Campbell problems on the inbound. When he swatted away the first attempt it looked like it was over. The shot stunned everyone when it went in and I honestly thought the refs were waving it off. They counted the basket. Listening to the post game show it sounds like Mr. Teicher disagreed with the call.

Was right there in the vicinity of where he first touched it but there no way he got that off in time, but we’ll take it!

Haskins is right, Hard work leads to luck and Lathon and Hawkins stayed after the NT loss to get work, and those two charged an comeback. Exciting game, thank you Basketball gods.

Was right there in the vicinity of where he first touched it but there no way he got that off in time, but we’ll take it!

Haskins is right, Hard work leads to luck and Lathon and Hawkins stayed after the NT loss to get work, and those two charged an comeback. Exciting game, thank you Basketball gods.
I looked and looked and looked again. Can Rice claim they got probed? Yes. What I believe helped is Lathon had his back to the clock official when he initially touched the ball off the inbound (the clock does not start until it touches a player or opposing player). He caught off the bounce, back turned to the official, turned and made the jumper. The ball is in the air by the time it leaves Lathon's middle finger (the longest finger). In a nice perfect world if the clock official was located where the news media guy got a great angle (Deaver; KTSM Sports) Lathon would not have got it off in time. Don't shoot me, just calling like I see it. But as said above, UTEP has been on the opposite end of bs calls at the buzzer and I only got ten hours of sleep over it last night.

shocking...you are negative nelly once again...I think I'm done with you

shocking...you are negative nelly once again...I think I'm done with you
Lol I wasn’t being negative just calling it like i saw it live my man, just saying we got some homecooking for sure on that last play but who cares it’s a win and a much needed win, when you work hard like our young guys are doing you catch breaks in athletics every once in awhile, proud of Lathon and Hawkins they were fun to watch last night.

I come to this board with peace and love.

Fwiw RICE is filing a complaint with the league to review the last second. I don’t think the outcome of the game will change.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT