ADVERTISEMENT

Rice at UTEP Roll Call, Predictions, and All These Things

Lol I wasn’t being negative just calling it like i saw it live my man, just saying we got some homecooking for sure on that last play but who cares it’s a win and a much needed win, when you work hard like our young guys are doing you catch breaks in athletics every once in awhile, proud of Lathon and Hawkins they were fun to watch last night.

I come to this board with peace and love.
Sorry bro, I don't know how I interpreted it that way after reading it again this morning....oops....my bad

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
Oh sweet jeezus?! Really Rice?! It happens every few weeks, every year. There is not a team in any league, other than Duke and Kansas, that does not get screwed on a call that determines an outcome of a game. College officiating has been a major problem since the Dubya years and sports radio grouses about it: "lack of quality crews" "lack of proper oversight" "coaches have no say and must remain silent" "this is semi pro and higher standards". If you want integrity Rice for your athletic programs? Win some more damn games.

I didn't attend the game, but was following it on my phone app. I've watched several videos, each showing different angles, of Lathon's game winning shot. It's rather hard to believe that you can catch a half court shot, turn around and shoot with only half a second remaining on the clock. That's not on the player of course, that's on the timekeeper. I don't blame Rice for filing a protest, but nothing will come out of it.

Didn't I read somewhere that the clock is controlled by the officiating crew?
This is correct. After looking at the last play several times, there is not enough evidence to overturn the call. The ball was out of Lathon's hands when the buzzer sounded. The only question being at what point did the official scorer start the clock. It was almos instantaneous with Lathon touching the ball. So sorry Rice. no use steaming about it. You lost.

Reactions: MINER.JAY
[/QUOTE
GO MINERS!!!!!!!!
Great toss Mr Campbell. Nice touch Mr Lathon. We deserved this victory. Being down 22-6 don't you dare take that away from me (or them). Amazing what you can accomplish in .05 seconds and then some. Thanks again to the Rice Krispies for helping us out with football and basketball. And I take back all of the nasty things I've said about the refs over the years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT